First 567891757107 Last

Thread: Ask an ENTP!

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ILE

I feel pretty much the same. My mind is always producing the best ideas, when there's no time to turn them into reality or write them down. And when I finally got the time, my mind is completely empty and I am so lazy, that I delay everything and after a while stress comes again, because of all the things being delayed.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Here's a question to the other ENTPs.

How do you deal with stress?

When I'm stressed (like now, exam time at school), I tend to create even more and even crazier ideas than when I'm not. I become a lot more active. In addition to doing the things I ought to do (like composing and correcting exams now), I will do lots of other things (like creating MBTI comics and pages for my website). I'm unable to sleep, because I've got this drive to realize everything at once.
    So, actually, I combat stress by creating more stress. I'm really productive in a stressful period.
    When the stressful period is over (the exams corrected, the deadline met,...) I fall in a black hole. I'm frustrated because, now I have time AND all those nice ideas, and I just can't get myself up to realize them because I'm too tired!
    I've often done the same, but then I started running away from such things when they became too stressful and troublesome. Admittedly, that's not the best way to deal with things... not at all. By the time I realized that I had become a deluded fool it was a little to late, I had already abandoned everything I had in a gamble that didn't pay off and ended up in a rut that I was trying to avoid.

The thing is, I'm always looking for something better and I'll take any risk to get it sometimes... hell, I'd be up for shipping myself off to japan to start a new life! That'd be sweet! It's also that optimism that makes the ENTP a great entrepreneurial type.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

When I'm stressed (like now, exam time at school), I tend to create even more and even crazier ideas than when I'm not. I become a lot more active. In addition to doing the things I ought to do (like composing and correcting exams now), I will do lots of other things (like creating MBTI comics and pages for my website). I'm unable to sleep, because I've got this drive to realize everything at once.
    That, without the part where I do what I was actually supposed to do.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

So, actually, I combat stress by creating more stress. I'm really productive in a stressful period.
    When the stressful period is over (the exams corrected, the deadline met,...) I fall in a black hole. I'm frustrated because, now I have time AND all those nice ideas, and I just can't get myself up to realize them because I'm too tired!
    Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    I've often done the same, but then I started running away from such things when they became too stressful and troublesome. Admittedly, that's not the best way to deal with things... not at all. By the time I realized that I had become a deluded fool it was a little to late, I had already abandoned everything I had in a gamble that didn't pay off and ended up in a rut that I was trying to avoid.

The thing is, I'm always looking for something better and I'll take any risk to get it sometimes... hell, I'd be up for shipping myself off to japan to start a new life! That'd be sweet! It's also that optimism that makes the ENTP a great entrepreneurial type.
    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    That, without the part where I do what I was actually supposed to do.
    That and that and that but without the part of actually having to fulfill any tasks no more cause I am living in a home for special people, as the doctor that cares for me calls it and who gave me that sweet nice white jacket
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

A question for ENTPs
    What do you think of ENTJs, INTPs and INTJs?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    A question for ENTPs
    Hard to tell, it really depends on the single person behind the tag.

ENTJs I generally get along with well. I dont like if people confuse having a big mouth and overly assertive nature with being ENTJ, but that gladly hasnt happened often yet. Ilike their entrepeneurial spirit and their capability for managing things, whats so hard to tell on an online forum, but in real life I could picture working with an ENTJ manager. On a more personal level, I often experience accord with ENTJ posters on the board, tho sometimes they can have some freakish opinions that dont look so good in public. Like the day a certain member X started to try to find a mate by announcing he's a good father. First I thought, he was joking, I am not sure yet if he wasnt, but he played his role damn good .

Well but thats not so bad, with the help of your local ENTP we can even make you ENTJs sociable (haha, lovely arrogant ring )

-----

INTJs I do like very much too, they are often the only Ones to get my more introverted jokes. I highly appreciate them for it and I think they have a broad insight into things, helping them to identify with the thinking processes of a lot of people. Only downside is, they happen to be so closed of, it's ultimately hard to tell what they could be thinking. That's why I usually dont get to invo0lved with them. I dont like that attitude. I dont think one has to be as open like a store on Black Friday to be nice, but if I even wouldnt know, if the other person respects me now or not, if I would know after having talked to the person a million times, still like shit, a black wall, its a bit frustrating and scary.

Maybe has to do with my huge need to feel appreciated in whatever I do, mustnt be exactly a downside of the INTJ.

--------

INTPs so far are a versatile bunch on this forum. Ranging from sociopaths, over aliens to respectable people. I like their thoughts on many subjects, they bring fresh and intresting perspectives to a discussion. What's not so nice is when they are limited in their knowledge to only one certain field and try to make you talk about it all the time only. Then it gets boring, but besides that they have proven to be the best sparing partner in the field of dumb jokes (ENTJs and especially INTJs do great jokes also, but you are to political correct to be as good as the intp in it ).

Ya whats there more to say, INTPs rule, I mean they even have their own forum that a lone proves how mighty they are
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

A question for ENTPs
    A bit hard to answer. I only know the types of very few real-life people. None of them are ENTJs, INTPs or INTJs. (Though I know an ENTx - J in a lot of aspects, P in a lot of other aspects)

So my answer is based on the description of the types, novel characters and people on the forum.

ENTJ - I like the description. I like the very few examples I know. I don't really like the Stach character in King of Katoren, as he's too perfect (I love the book, though, but the character isn't that interesting). I think it's quite a challenge to write about a compelling, interesting, flawed ENTJ character (who's not a proud and overconfident villain).
    I always have this idea ENTJ thoughts leap ahead, while ENTP thoughts leap in every direction and not necessarily ahead. (Though, when the ENTP, by sheer luck, hits the 'ahead' direction, the result will be awesome indeed. If he follows through, that is )

INTJ - I associate this type with the classic plotting fantasy villain. But then again, in my current writing project, my heroine gets a nice INTJ companion. No experience with real-life INTJs, so that's it.

INTP - If I don't get ENTP, I would probably be an INTP. I've created an interesting INTP character in my last novel - he's a real mentor and his opinions are closest to mine. Again - no experience with real-life INTPs.

I actually like most people. They have to annoy me BIG TIME before I'd start disliking them. Probably there are ENTJs, INTJs and INTPs in my very heterogenous friend group - but I don't know.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Thanks for the answers. I've always wanted to know what ENTPs generally think of other NT types.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

A question for ENTPs
    ENTJ = Dickheads
    INTP = Coneheads
    INTJ = Pinheads

Actually, I like them all, but don't know any INTP personally.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Similar to how you put it. How about the opposite of stress? If I'm left with only a few or one simple task I'll find it hard to motivate myself to complete it and I'll procrastinate. But doing so actually makes sense from the standpoint that stress = motivation. So motivation = a lack of time + a lot of work, which is why I'll in many cases wait until the very last minute to do something. Is that lazy or just really unmotivated by easy tasks?

Quote Originally Posted by theaferist View Post
    I feel pretty much the same. My mind is always producing the best ideas, when there's no time to turn them into reality or write them down. And when I finally got the time, my mind is completely empty and I am so lazy, that I delay everything and after a while stress comes again, because of all the things being delayed.
    Psh, whoops. I just copied your post without knowing it.
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3