User Tag List

First 1959676869707179119 Last

Thread: Ask an ENTP!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Speaking of which, i lately read an intresting thing about Fi in entps in socionics, the point of least resistance. It said they tend to be funny in group settings and need laughter as feedback so they dont have to deal with their own emotions. Like a blind spot for your own Fi.

I always tended to think entps of all nts could deal with emotions but this is an intresting thing. Thats like the situation in which you ask your infp why she loves you and you'll never get that logical reason your are hoping for because it's Fi and its her personal feeling
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    I'll go with 98% of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Optimistic ---> Most of the time

Upbeat----> Some of the time
    That and that.

Optimistic is my automatic state of mind. Upbeat requires something to be upbeat about otherwise I'm exerting energy without cause.

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    It said they tend to be funny in group settings and need laughter as feedback so they dont have to deal with their own emotions.
    I agree with the first part, but not the reasoning. I seek laughter as feedback because I want others around me to be happy and enjoying life, to be able to influence that makes me all warm and snuggly in my belly.

My avoidance is less about facing emotions, more about not facing the tough situations that create those negative emotions in the first place.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Dear ENTPs, how do you feel about other ENTPs?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

We don't "feel"
    We seek and destroy
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by esidebill View Post
    Dear ENTPs, how do you feel about seek and destroy other ENTPs?
    No quarter!
    (removed)

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram

Surrender or last Stand?

Quote Originally Posted by esidebill View Post
    Dear ENTPs, how do you feel about seek and destroy other ENTPs?
    This thread sure helps with the seeking part...look at all these sitting chickens. :chicken:

Or ducks or whatever...

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jaqcues Le Paul View Post
    Surrender or last Stand?
    Neither, as I -again- forgot to build an army.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

I'd say my experience of the whole optimism thing is this - I always think that an opportunity involves something cool that I don't want to miss out on. I hate drudgery in the sense that I know exactly what it's going to involve, and that's just dull. I can get depressed when things aren't as interesting as I imagine that they could be.

Speaking of which, i lately read an intresting thing about Fi in entps in socionics, the point of least resistance. It said they tend to be funny in group settings and need laughter as feedback so they dont have to deal with their own emotions. Like a blind spot for your own Fi.
    I agree with the first part, but not the reasoning. I seek laughter as feedback because I want others around me to be happy and enjoying life, to be able to influence that makes me all warm and snuggly in my belly.

My avoidance is less about facing emotions, more about not facing the tough situations that create those negative emotions in the first place.
    I agree with bits of both of these. I want to be funny because I associate laughter with warm feelings, and that people like me for spreading these warm feelings. However, where the PoLR comes into play, is coming to the understanding that while I like it when people think that I am funny, I need them to respect me as a complete person far more than this. Therefore, social interaction isn't just a performance to get right or wrong, but a time where the important part is sharing who I am as a person, and accepting their response, for good or bad (i.e. where the Fi least resistance shows itself).

So, in moments of weakness, I'll go do things that I later regret, because I think people will think more of me for them. This seems like Fe, but it's really that weak or Trickster Fi allowing Ne to go into overdrive. I do something that I feel people will like me for, never mind any experience or rules otherwise, simply because it should end up that way. When Ti gets stronger, I can stop myself and realize that people liking me does not logically follow from acting in that way, and that it is through calmly accepting myself for who I am and respecting others that I can attain the respect and esteem that I desire.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

ENTPs, do you have rapid mood changes? If you're in a foul/depressed mood, do you actively try and change it or do you just ride it out?