User Tag List

First 1858666768697078118 Last

Thread: Ask an ENTP!

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Stress may be reduced by changing our attitude towards the stressor through faith...
    :p

Faith that God is with us
    Faith that "this too shall pass"
    Faith that you can overcome ANY obstacles
    Faith that your theories are correct
    Faith that there IS a way
    Faith that with a few minor tweaks...
    Faith that by all indications the odds are in your favor
    Faith that there's at least one person out there that loves you
    Faith that it's worth it

Realistically it's not possible to remove many of the stressors, but it is possible to change our attitude.
    I understood that you were not speaking about only religion, the issue, and I'll use myself as an example, is that I rely too much on faith that everything will turn out peachy-keen without actually doing anything to change the current situation. My E7 ways mean I dislike pain and seek joy, this includes too much avoidance when highly stressed.

My optimism and "faith" that things will work out can cause issues for me as it is an excuse for not being proactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkenya View Post
    How to stop feeling bad when people grow attached to you and you think of them of nothing as "someone you happen to know"?
    How someone feels about you is not your prerogative. I mean, we all have influence on other people (just as they have influence on us), but ultimately we only have the MOST influence and the MOST control over ourselves. I'm ultimately not responsible for making sure they never get hurt. That's their responsibility and a little rejection isn't going to kill them anyway.

It's interesting, though, because while I sometimes really don't give a damn about other people, I can still get wrapped up very easily in how I appear to others and I can care very much if I'm admired and accepted or not. I've found that the more I make an effort to find reasons to care for others and act accordingly, the less I feel anxious about their opinions of me. Probably has something to do with the fact that people are going to accept you better if you make them feel good and respect them so...you know.

Anyway, that's probably how you form deep relationships. Although most of the battle for me is finding people I want to try and care for enough to bother forming a deep relationship with.

MBTI
    ENTP

Stupid multiple-quote feature doesn't work! Multiquoting manually:

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    So, long story short, I've had no outside stimulation, and have not been able to do much of anything beyond playing video games and watching television all day. Understandably, this is not fun for me at all, because I'm not normally like this. Hell, that's pretty much why I barely ever come on here, cause I usually have more fun and exciting things to do, lol. But I blame lack of outside stimulation for this- at least in my case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Faith is the cure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    My optimism and "faith" that things will work out can cause issues for me as it is an excuse for not being proactive.
    I can somehow relate to all three. Sometimes my mind gets occupied by negative thoughts, and then indeed faith would be the cure. I like the "indications that the odds are in your favor" one, because it calls on Ti :-). But if you've been living in an all-too-optimistic mindset for a long time, it's very hard when you hit reality. Outside stimulation is always nice, though it doesn't always cure the problem.
    I'm now thinking that we should have some patience with ourselves. Those sad times happen, and sometimes nothing seems to kindle your enthousiasm. Those sad times are the price to pay - after all, 98% of the time we're a crazy, happy-go-lucky, creative type :-D!
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    after all, 98% of the time we're a crazy, happy-go-lucky, creative type :-D!
    no, just no
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Boy oh boy, I understand that! : )

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Outside stimulation is always nice, though it doesn't always cure the problem.
    I'm now thinking that we should have some patience with ourselves. Those sad times happen, and sometimes nothing seems to kindle your enthousiasm. Those sad times are the price to pay - after all, 98% of the time we're a crazy, happy-go-lucky, creative type :-D!
    Yes and I like that idea! BTW, my sister's nickname is Tam. : D

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

girls... schusch

Huh, this is interesting...so ENTPs, how much do you feel like you're optimistic and upbeat?

Looks like we've got some differing points of view here!

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    Huh, this is interesting...so ENTPs, how much do you feel like you're optimistic and upbeat?

Looks like we've got some differing points of view here!
    I'll go with 98% of the time.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Optimistic ---> Most of the time

Upbeat----> Some of the time

Crazy/Happy-Go-Lucky/Creative---> Only on good days

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I always thought crazy-go-lucky was enfp style while we'ld do it with a dash of grace xD then again dont get your moods down just because i am a grumpy old man