User Tag List

First 1757656667686977117 Last

Results 661 to 670 of 1568

Thread: Ask an ENTP!

  1. #661
    Junior Member Satan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shishkabob View Post
    ok whats the difference between ENTP and ENFP because i cant freakin figure out which one i am!! errrr i act entp when i'm dominant in a friendship/relaionship and enfp when im submissive... however i prefer to be dominant... i am extremely EP. yeah that pretty much sums it up thank you and goodnight
    You could also try a function test: http://www.keys2cognition.com/explore.htm
    “Truly great madness can not be achieved without significant intelligence.”

  2. #662
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,152

    Default

    I need some advice from entps.

    As someone who could easily be mistaken for an entp irl I think I have some social issues that entps might be able to relate with.
    How do you form deep relationships? I'm guessing that most entps will have many acquaintances but very few actual friends. I know I do. I tend to just jump from acquaintance to acquaintance. It's fun, but it also gets annoying not having anyone when I actually probably need them.

    How do you stop manipulating people? I imagine most entps know what I mean. People are very manipulatable. I (sometimes) have a problem of manipulating people so much so that I imagine that they might start to think I'm a bad person (which very well might be the case)...but I always feel bad about it. For example, I will manipulate a situation to get free lunch. I don't realize that is what I'm doing while I'm doing the "manipulating" and I very rarely intend to do it on purpose, (I'm just thinking I'm having a good time) but afterwards...I realize that I was probably doing it on purpose.

    How to stop feeling bad when people grow attached to you and you think of them of nothing as "someone you happen to know"?

    Advice would be awesome.

  3. #663
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mkenya View Post
    I need some advice from entps.

    As someone who could easily be mistaken for an entp irl I think I have some social issues that entps might be able to relate with.
    How do you form deep relationships? I'm guessing that most entps will have many acquaintances but very few actual friends. I know I do. I tend to just jump from acquaintance to acquaintance. It's fun, but it also gets annoying not having anyone when I actually probably need them.

    How do you stop manipulating people? I imagine most entps know what I mean. People are very manipulatable. I (sometimes) have a problem of manipulating people so much so that I imagine that they might start to think I'm a bad person (which very well might be the case)...but I always feel bad about it. For example, I will manipulate a situation to get free lunch. I don't realize that is what I'm doing while I'm doing the "manipulating" and I very rarely intend to do it on purpose, (I'm just thinking I'm having a good time) but afterwards...I realize that I was probably doing it on purpose.

    How to stop feeling bad when people grow attached to you and you think of them of nothing as "someone you happen to know"?

    Advice would be awesome.
    I have managed to blow so many frienships you cant count with ten fingers. I have build whole circles of friends, I have connected people on a large scale, those people wouldnt have ever met without me. Yet my part of the bargain was never the dependable one, the one that I cared for a relationship so much for the sake of the relationship.

    The greatest thing I've always wanted in my life and still want was a best friend. I never had that in my life, on the contrary it was even worse: I had to mask myself a lot and to adapt even within my circle of friends; if I had always said what I was thinking, they'ld prolly turned their backs on me.

    When I started to smoking pot and drinking a lot, I lost a lot of my ability to camouflage in society and started telling people what I really think about them. That has made me so bitter and alone you cant imagine. I always wished for nothing more than to be just like the others, to be accepted and to have real, deep and true friendships, but it never worked, no matter what I tried. I just think differently.

    When I was at the total point of no return and felt like killing myself, I've met my girlfriend and she was the first person in my life who appreciated the way I was thinking. No matter what I say until this day in 5 years she has never given me the impression that she totally disagrees with me or doesnt know where my argumentation is coming from. She understands me better than I understand myself.

    She's the best friend I ever had and to me that is mandatory, any relationship with a girl I could have would always need her to be my best friend aswell. I respect her intelligence and her deep emotional insight.

    I asked her once a similiar question, I asked what makes me so different that I just dont get along with people or that I dont care for relationships as if they'ld really mean something to me and she said to me that I am just being myself. If I dont care for a relationship it's because actually the person does give me nothing and isnt the friend I need. I think especially in highschool this has been a very large problem, in University it got better cause I met people with my intrests.

    I dont know if that does help you with anything, but I am convinced that of all types we arent the worst one in keeping up our friendships, on the contrary, we are the most honest ones. Cause we suck at acting superficially and wear the heart on the tongue.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  4. #664
    Writing... Tamske's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,764

    Default

    Hi fellow ENTPs,
    Do you have these sad times too, when you've got no inspiration at all? You just plod on, your mind seems slower than usual and it requires great effort to think anything at all, let alone get enthousiastic about something or do anything creative?
    It's like being very tired, only it doesn't go away after a good night sleeping... I've had such a week recently, luckily it's over now. I don't know what caused it and what cured it. Any ideas?
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

  5. #665
    Senior Member Max's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Hi fellow ENTPs,
    Do you have these sad times too, when you've got no inspiration at all? You just plod on, your mind seems slower than usual and it requires great effort to think anything at all, let alone get enthousiastic about something or do anything creative?
    It's like being very tired, only it doesn't go away after a good night sleeping... I've had such a week recently, luckily it's over now. I don't know what caused it and what cured it. Any ideas?
    Yes, I can relate to this.

    (By the way, I suspect at the current moment that I may be one of your type, or something close to it.)

    Usually, though, I find that there is a reason behind it. For example, a couple of weeks ago, the semester ended and most people from school left for the summer, including all of my best friends. I'm here for the duration of the summer and will be working on campus and taking a class- however, none of that starts until June. Plus I applied for some jobs around town but haven't heard back yet.

    So, long story short, I've had no outside stimulation, and have not been able to do much of anything beyond playing video games and watching television all day. Understandably, this is not fun for me at all, because I'm not normally like this. Hell, that's pretty much why I barely ever come on here, cause I usually have more fun and exciting things to do, lol. But I blame lack of outside stimulation for this- at least in my case.

  6. #666
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Hi fellow ENTPs,
    Do you have these sad times too, when you've got no inspiration at all? You just plod on, your mind seems slower than usual and it requires great effort to think anything at all, let alone get enthousiastic about something or do anything creative?
    It's like being very tired, only it doesn't go away after a good night sleeping... I've had such a week recently, luckily it's over now. I don't know what caused it and what cured it. Any ideas?
    Yup. We have a tendency to get depressed for a while. Some of us for longer than others. That's why it can be hard to identify with the overly-ebullient descriptions that are often made of ENTPs.

  7. #667
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mkenya View Post
    How do you stop manipulating people? I imagine most entps know what I mean. People are very manipulatable. I (sometimes) have a problem of manipulating people so much so that I imagine that they might start to think I'm a bad person (which very well might be the case)...but I always feel bad about it
    You can start by respecting them and making the hard choice of being fair.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  8. #668
    A window to the soul
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Hi fellow ENTPs,
    Do you have these sad times too, when you've got no inspiration at all? You just plod on, your mind seems slower than usual and it requires great effort to think anything at all, let alone get enthousiastic about something or do anything creative?
    It's like being very tired, only it doesn't go away after a good night sleeping... I've had such a week recently, luckily it's over now. I don't know what caused it and what cured it. Any ideas?
    I don't relate to sad times, I feel alive. I'm stressed by time constraints and the endless circles; like people that fret for my help to find a solution, but still take the same road that leads to nowhere. Crazy limitations of the human psyche!

    Faith is the cure.

  9. #669
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Faith is the cure.
    No disrespect to your beliefs but my answer to that is: Yet for others faith can be the cause.

    One size does not fit all.

    My answer is: reduce stress.

  10. #670
    A window to the soul
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    No disrespect to your beliefs but my answer to that is: Yet for others faith can be the cause.

    One size does not fit all.

    My answer is: reduce stress.
    Stress may be reduced by changing our attitude towards the stressor through faith...
    :p

    Faith that God is with us
    Faith that "this too shall pass"
    Faith that you can overcome ANY obstacles
    Faith that your theories are correct
    Faith that there IS a way
    Faith that with a few minor tweaks...
    Faith that by all indications the odds are in your favor
    Faith that there's at least one person out there that loves you
    Faith that it's worth it

    Realistically it's not possible to remove many of the stressors, but it is possible to change our attitude.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTP] Ask an ENTP
    By ZNP-TBA in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 09-17-2017, 12:55 PM
  2. [ENTP] How should an ENTP choose a career?
    By YoungGun2112 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 06-19-2012, 11:06 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-17-2009, 10:37 PM
  4. Ask an ENTP get a nasty answer
    By entropie in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 171
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 12:33 PM
  5. [ENTP] A few problems being an ENTP has caused
    By YoungGun2112 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 07:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO