User Tag List

First 1353616263646573113 Last

Thread: Ask an ENTP!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

dear ENTP

what things do you find yourself to become obsessed over and can spend hours upon hours doing? (other then sex)

Dear ENTP,
    What kind of sweet things would you love your girlfriend to do for you?
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    dear ENTP

what things do you find yourself to become obsessed over and can spend hours upon hours doing? (other then sex)
    The internet. Reading an interesting book. Solving problems. Et cetera.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    Dear ENTP,
    Curl up next to me, give me a kiss on my cheek, and lay her head on my chest. Get genuinely excited when I'm excited. Desire to help me out, no matter what I'm doing, but understand if I want to do something alone. Really get into the conversations we're having. In public, act like you're with the most amazing person on earth (I'll do the same in return).

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Yes, the belittling could be the intention here, but it is kind of a stretch to say that from that one comment. It seems just as likely that the ENTP here is desperate to get a real response from the INTJ, and so is provoking a reaction through an irreverent, unexpected question.
    It's that desperation that's the telling factor here. There's no reason he couldn't just let her be at the moment.

Also, a clarification here, Saturned states that this dialogue happened sometime before these two got married, so that might make a difference here.
    Glad things worked out.

Only playful questioning/provoking, or belittling RNs? It's not very clear one way or the other....
    Maybe not, but I wouldn't be honest if I didn't say that playfully provoking someone wasn't one of my favored tactics for subtle aggression. Furthermore, that he said it in front of one of her friends also changes the contextual understanding of what that joke meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Saturned, Onemoretime made a great argument, but I believe there's more to it than all of us know. I say that so you understand that we're just throwing out ideas. So though what Onemoretime is saying may be very true, please don't go back to your girlfriend and pollute her mind with this stuff that might cause conflict between her & her husband. We are all different. It's true that some ENTP's are more childish than others. I like that you're giving her husband the benefit of the doubt in this situation (and communicating positive things to her, assuming you are) because we don't know his intentions. Despite momentary childishness that leads one to wonder "what the heck", I think it's safe to say that his greater goals include getting along with his wife and seeing her happy.
    I think so, too, and only mentioned that as a means of pointing out that this is very typical ENTP behavior when somewhat defensive. It's sort of like when a dog nips at you when roughhousing - it's not trying to really hurt you, but it is being aggressive to get your attention.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Curl up next to me, give me a kiss on my cheek, and lay her head on my chest. Get genuinely excited when I'm excited. Desire to help me out, no matter what I'm doing, but understand if I want to do something alone. Really get into the conversations we're having. In public, act like you're with the most amazing person on earth (I'll do the same in return).
    Thank you!

Ginkgo

Dear ENTP,

How do magnets work?

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Dear ENTP,

How do magnets work?
    Electromagnetic force. For details, see Maxwell's Equations.

MBTI
    ENTP

dear ENTP
    Reading, writing. If you catch me with a sort of faraway look into my eyes, please don't ask what I'm thinking. The ideas are forming into my head and I'd lose them if I don't wait until they are real enough to put into words. I can look like that for quite a long time.

Dear ENTP,
    None; don't have a girlfriend and don't want one. My husband knows perfectly well what I like and if I want something different, I'm bold enough to ask.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

Your attitude is awesome work it girl!

MBTI
    SEXY

dear ENTP

Reading, Simcity, making music, sports & excersize, partying, chilling with friends, fix or improve things around the house, solve puzzles, chess etc.

Dear ENTP,
    Surprise me, even simple surprises like some new lingerie, a nice cooked meal, or a surprise romantic date wil get me all excited. Furthermore, sexual experimentation is almost always appreciated (within the boundaries of healthyness and legality off course.)
    (removed)

Anew Leaf

lulz@ responses to my ENTP dialogue.

I appreciate the different points of view. He was actually just making a light joke/ having one of those ENTP moments where everything falls out of the mouth.

And while I understand the caution on me alienating him, I don't think that will happen. They keep their private arguments... private... and so I am not involved in those in any shape or form at all. His wife will occasionally complain about something small, like his inability to retain details, but other than that she doesn't gossip about their problems.

The issues I am talking about are more along the lines of we are playing cards, and she wants to bend a rule and I agree with her. He adores his wife and her needs + their children's needs are his #1 priority by far.

I was highlighting more of the fact that he just says bizarre things and doesn't necessarily think them through right away... he's just... thinking aloud.

Example, I asked him to be a pall bearer at my mom's funeral. He was very honored but after I hung up the phone he turned to his wife and said, Honey... why didn't she ask you to be the pall bearer? You are so much closer to her than I am!

Even taking out the fact that his wife is obviously a chick, she was 8.5 months pregnant at the time and is about 4'10" and weighs less than 100 lbs.