• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Ask an ENTP!

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Do you:

A. Play the field, have fun, don't sweat large, complex, time consuming emotions

B. Pursue what could be super awesome and possibly end in pain.

Because you are 17. And ENTP. And flakey! Okay, not really, but you get the idea.

C. Convert to poly, do both!

Never limit options.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Did disco ever really die?

Tell the truth now, people! Don't lie to yourselves.

A

A window to the soul

So, let's say you are 17. Would that be nice?

And you had options for dating around, but maybe liked one guy (or girl) quite a bit.

However, that quite a bit could turn into something more than quite a bit, and lead to emotional attachments of a new height.

Do you:

A. Play the field, have fun, don't sweat large, complex, time consuming emotions

Because you are 17. And ENTP. And flakey! Okay, not really, but you get the idea.

A. Have fun.

At 17, I was not thinking about a serious relationship. I was also shy around boys due to a lack of experience, so in college when everyone was having sex, I hadn't even had my first kiss yet. On a date, I mastered the squirm & turn thing, if someone busted a move. Sometimes laughed when a pair of lips headed my direction. :D

I didn't have any concept of what relationship pain felt like at 17, so that was a non-issue.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Disco is like Michael Jackson. It'll rise from the dead with dancing one day.

[MENTION=4324]Kasper[/MENTION]: I don't want to limit options, but eventually I have to!

I suppose that doesn't mean I have to now. Damn living in the future.

A

A window to the soul

Disco is like Michael Jackson. It'll rise from the dead with dancing one day.

[MENTION=4324]Kasper[/MENTION]: I don't want to limit options, but eventually I have to!

I suppose that doesn't mean I have to now. Damn living in the future.

It's still around. I believe the current evolution is called house or techno.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I think techno came first, then house. I'm not sure if dubstep has evolved out of those, but it is out there too.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
So, let's say you are 17. Would that be nice?

And you had options for dating around, but maybe liked one guy (or girl) quite a bit.

However, that quite a bit could turn into something more than quite a bit, and lead to emotional attachments of a new height.

Do you:

When I was 17 I took option B. And it was super awesome and it also ended in pain. So much pain.

I totally don't regret it. And I think I'd still pick option B over A in the long run.

But I have way more patience for the deep, complex, time-consuming emotions and pretty much no patience for the others. The idiotic drama that seems to surround "playing the field" really turns me off (most of the time it never seems like it can be "just fun").

I dunno, overall I feel I'm wasting the same amount of attention on emotions, just emotions of different caliber. And I'd rather eat steak than a McDonalds burger.

+1

B first, then A!

Just because you're wild about someone right now but don't know how it would work out in the long run, doesn't mean you'd have to get married if you went for it! You're 17 for gawd's sake!

It's true that by putting your heart on the line, you risk getting hurt, but the pain of the end of a relationship is a small price to pay for the richness of living life to the fullest. Living life to the fullest requires taking risks and getting hurt once in awhile. Every time you get hurt, you become a bit stronger for it.

But you also have to promise yourself to be willing to be the one to end the relationship if it isn't working for you, even if that means hurting the other person if he still wants it to continue. That can be hard, too, but it's better for both of you than continuing in a relationship that isn't working anymore.

If living life to the fullest means option A, then go for A! For me, if I'm wondering and obsessing about someone and it's mutual, living life to the fullest means option B.

So I would recommend whichever one means living life to the fullest for you. From what you've written, I suspect it's option B.

Go for it!! :solidarity: :heart:

:holy: :charge: :banana2:

:hug:

A

A window to the soul

Wow, y'all were so serious. So I'm the only one here that was laughing at 17 when a pair of lips headed their way?

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Wow, y'all were so serious. So I'm the only here that was laughing at 17 when a pair of lips headed their way?

When I was 17, I had the biggest crush in the world on a guy that lived down the street, but we were just friends. I hardly noticed anyone else, so yes, my dates ended up like what you're talking about, but maybe for a different reason. :laugh:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
When I was 17 I had a crush on a girl and wrote letters to her, which I gave her in person but told her that I was only the messenger and they came from another guy, who has a crush on her and who told me not to reveal his name.

I didnt expect what effect that had, in the end I had her and 20 other girls stalking me for the name of the person who wrote that letter and they even organized themselves so they could make me mad thru the whole school day. I was a pretty good writer back then and that in combination with the underlaying mystery made that girls getting pretty angry at some point for me to finally reveal the name of the author.

When I finally gave in and told them I wrote it, they were very disappointed. Only downside was at some point they didnt believe me that I wrote that, so they started digging again and it took another two years until they forgot about it.

It at least helped me to get over that girl, who was so superficial, unbearable. Would have been a great mistake to fall in love with her.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao

I think techno came first, then house. I'm not sure if dubstep has evolved out of those, but it is out there too.

http://techno.org/electronic-music-guide/

That website is pretty cool for describing the flow of the genres through history (who knew there was so much to electronic music??)

But it looks like it's fairly old....doesn't include dubstep, which is HUGE nowadays.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
techno was definitely before house. i think it derived from old skool rap and hip hop...starting with all the samples.

StrawMan

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't know if this has already been solved in this thread, but dear ENTPs, what is the meaning of life?

And please, don't say 42.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I wouldn't begin to know the esoteric, but I had an idea of creating antioxidants out of a combination of quarks that would combat the free radicals in your blood......... Or something along those lines.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
What is disco?
I really mean that as a question. When I was a teenager, I suddenly was supposed to know the difference between disco, rock and all that other stuff, while nobody ever taught me. I always found it really amazing that my classmates managed to make a distinction between last-year music (you aren't supposed to like that) and fashionable music; while they DIDN'T manage to hear the distinction between baroque and romantic music.
I don't know if this has already been solved in this thread, but dear ENTPs, what is the meaning of life?
And please, don't say 42.
It's 43. Deep Thought has made a calculation error.

Okay, just kidding. To me, life hasn't got a pre-arranged meaning. I came to life because a certain sperm reached a certain egg - if it was another sperm or another egg, maybe the resulting human wouldn't be interested in typology and posting here - and billions and billions of chemical reactions ensued. Nobody meant me to be here - except my parents who wished for a child. *A* child; I'm sure they would have been happy if another of all those possible children would be here instead of me.
So it's up to me to make my own meaning out of life. And I want to make the most meaning out of it as I possibly can. That means, to me, that I want to be the best teacher my students ever had. And I want to be a writer too. And, because I chose to have children of my own, I want to be a mother and teach them how to build meaning into their lives for themselves. And, as I started this thread, I want to help people to understand more about ENTPs.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do people tend to like you guys?

(I love how I keep posting in this ask an ENTP thread :doh:)

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Do people tend to like you guys?

It throws me when people like me, it throws me when people dislike me. I expect indifference. But yeah, for the most part people seem to.