• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Ask an ENTP!

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Dear ENTPs,

If I want to lure one of you to my gingerbread house of amazingness, how would I best go about doing this?
Depends. Do you mind if it's eaten, disassembled, reconfigured, or possibly dissolved and re-baked (or half-baked?) into another composition or structure?

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
:ohmy:

You ENTPs could learn something from us eNTPs about protecting strategic secrets. :dry:

Oh. I see your point. :shocking: Uh, oops. Sorry. :ninja: :bats:

:)thinking: It's probly good that I'm not a spy, diplomat, or poker player.)

:peepwall:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Dear ENTPs,

If I want to lure one of you to my gingerbread house of amazingness, how would I best go about doing this?

We'll just need your address, so, where is it?

pmj85

I'm still massively conflicted with regards to my type. So much so that I've decided to just forget it for now; I seem to be a walking contradiction. I honestly don't think I can be typed at the moment, if at all.

I'm speshul, huuuur!

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
How do ENTPs deal with ignorance? Both with regards to their own ignorance and the ignorance of others?

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Dear ENTPs,
Tell about it. Being enthousiastic about your project is something we really can relate to. And of course, show. If you go on about how amazing it is, and it turns out it's half-finished for ever, we see too much of ourselves to be interested any more.
How do ENTPs deal with ignorance? Both with regards to their own ignorance and the ignorance of others?
Ignorance is a void and a challenge. I know fully well I'll never live long enough to understand everything, but that's a fact I try to suppress from my mind. Right now, I focus on the thing that's most interesting OR most necessary to know. Or both. I'm studying chemistry because I'm teaching it, and I bought a book about psychology 101 because the human mind intrigues me.
I'll never be happy about ignorance. You know - "there are mysteries which aren't meant to understand" is not my way. I don't accept "you mustn't try to understand this" from anybody else. I want to choose myself what I'm going to try to understand and what not.
Other people's ignorance... well I'm a science teacher. It's my job to mend certain patches of other people's ignorance.

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
Other people's ignorance... well I'm a science teacher. It's my job to mend certain patches of other people's ignorance.

How do you go about inspiring others to mend patches of their ignorance? Many are not so willing.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
How do you go about inspiring others to mend patches of their ignorance? Many are not so willing.
Seems we're both online :)

A bit of this is covered in Didactics:
1) Look where the borders are. Where do their knowledge stop and ignorance begin?
2) Start at the borders.
3) Show something amazing which doesn't fit with their world view (for science: eg. a hammer and a feather falling at the same speed. Pity most schools don't have a plexiglass tube that can be pumped to vacuum). Or an interesting problem which they can't solve right now.
4) Try to connect with everyday experiences (eg. soap cleans because it clings to both water and fat)
5) Let the students work.

But most of it can't be covered in a course. It's the enthousiasm. Show that you are interested in knowing these things. Show that knowing is cool. I'm enthousiastic about science outside of the class, too. I would be doing dishes and blurt out "look at this fatty film covering the water. Wonder what will happen if I drop a droplet of soap on it?"

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Two things I was thinking just now.

1) It's easier to cure ignorance than to cure false knowledge. Eg. if someone adds up fractions by adding up the denominators and the numerators, he won't listen to you telling him how to do properly. If you're in a teacher-student relation, he'll nod and do it "right" a few times, while (sometimes consciously) thinking "that's how Catbert wants me to do it", and afterwards do it wrong again. You'll have to repeat over and over, correcting every time it's wrong, maybe even a few times showing with pies. My hubby had once a university physics student still adding fractions the wrong way!

2) My policy: never let go a question unnoticed. A question means "I want to know more", letting it go unnoticed means "knowing is not important", which is a message you don't want to convey. If the question is a basic one the student should know already, tell him so. "You should know this already. You'd better look it up now." If the question is an easy one the student should be able to answer, either give a hint as to how to find the answer or let another student answer. If the question is a valid, hard one... answer. Or promise to answer after the lesson, if it would disrupt the lesson. If the question is something you don't know yourself... just say "I don't know." Maybe promise to look it up. A teacher doesn't have to know everything.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I wouldnt let a student answer to the question of another student. That means you assume all your students have the same learning curve, which is not the case. And it defames the student who didnt know in front of class. Always do it like the captain invite into personal quarters.

Inspiring others needs a lot of energy thats basically everything. if you cant inspire others, its because you aint inspired yourself. You can only convey what you yourself have

R

Riva

Inspiring others needs a lot of energy thats basically everything. if you cant inspire others, its because you aint inspired yourself. You can only convey what you yourself have

This is not entirely true.

INTJs when their minds are made up are the most inspired of all types.

Yet they are not inspirational.

---

But for an extrovert, to not be able to inspire might mean that person is not inspired.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
they maybe no inspiration to an extrovert, but if you look at the IJs on this forums its often those great philosophers that seem pretty I-dom like dunno Spinoza or Nietzsche, who inspire them

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So, let's say you are 17. Would that be nice?

And you had options for dating around, but maybe liked one guy (or girl) quite a bit.

However, that quite a bit could turn into something more than quite a bit, and lead to emotional attachments of a new height.

Do you:

A. Play the field, have fun, don't sweat large, complex, time consuming emotions

B. Pursue what could be super awesome and possibly end in pain.

Because you are 17. And ENTP. And flakey! Okay, not really, but you get the idea.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
When I was 17 I took option B. And it was super awesome and it also ended in pain. So much pain.

I totally don't regret it. And I think I'd still pick option B over A in the long run.

But I have way more patience for the deep, complex, time-consuming emotions and pretty much no patience for the others. The idiotic drama that seems to surround "playing the field" really turns me off (most of the time it never seems like it can be "just fun").

I dunno, overall I feel I'm wasting the same amount of attention on emotions, just emotions of different caliber. And I'd rather eat steak than a McDonalds burger.