User Tag List

First 747555657585967107 Last

Thread: Ask an ENTP!

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by sgtmac_46 View Post
    We like an audience/group of followers. We like to win friends and manipulate people.......and what's more we want people to like us manipulating them. Hell, we tell people we're manipulating them, and everyone laughs about it......while we're manipulating them. I don't know if that really makes us 'people persons'.......but it does make us good with people.
    This one post makes me think im ENTP instead of just a XNTX

Enneagram

How do I get my ENTP roommate to wash his towel? I don't think I've ever seen him wash his towel and it's been about a year since we move in together. His logic is quite retarded, when I briefly mention he shouldn't forget his towel, when doing laundry. He responded with 'I only use the towel after washing. Since I use the towel when I am clean it never gets dirty". I believe that's introverted thinking right there?

A friend and me have mention to him that your towel collects dead skins cell and bacteria but he still isn't convince. My guess is he has been going by this logic for years so he isn't going to change. Or maybe he has been doing this for years and nothing has happen to him so he thinks his logic is correct. What can I do to persuade him his logic is flawed?

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieKiller View Post
    How do I get my ENTP roommate to wash his towel? I don't think I've ever seen him wash his towel and it's been about a year since we move in together. His logic is quite retarded, when I briefly mention he shouldn't forget his towel, when doing laundry. He responded with 'I only use the towel after washing. Since I use the towel when I am clean it never gets dirty". I believe that's introverted thinking right there?

A friend and me have mention to him that your towel collects dead skins cell and bacteria but he still isn't convince. My guess is he has been going by this logic for years so he isn't going to change. Or maybe he has been doing this for years and nothing has happen to him so he thinks his logic is correct. What can I do to persuade him his logic is flawed?
    My freshman year of college I met an ENTP who because my best friend for several years. He and his roommate (INFJ and high school friend) made a bet with each other to see who could outlast the other throughout the year in NOT washing their sheets.

ENTP won hands down because the INFJ cracked after a few months. ENTP continued not washing his sheets for the remainder of the year... Flash forward to fall of our sophomore year.

I went down to meet them at their dorm and ran into ENTPs mom. She was in the midst of an argument with the ENTP. Why? She had recently been getting his stuff ready for coming back and noticed a cardboard box with lots of grease stains on it. She opened it up to discover his still unwashed sheets inside. She promptly threw them in the garbage.

The new argument was happening because he had found the sheets in the garbage.... Still unwashed.... And secretly took them out because he planned on using them as his sheets for the second year as well... Just to see how long he could go without washing his sheets.

In conclusion: I think you are screwed.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Maybe my next question is: is there a quest I can go on to become an ENTP? Your grass looks like its been engineered to stay green longer. I always forget to water my grass.
    I'm not sure about a quest, but there is a course.

But then wouldn't you like more natural grass with all the interesting imperfections and then grow flowers in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaqcues Le Paul View Post
    This one post makes me think im ENTP instead of just a XNTX
    If you want some cooler reasons to make the switch, that work has already been done earlier in the thread starting here.

How do I get my ENTP roommate to wash his towel?
    What can I do to persuade him his logic is flawed?
    Okay, if you really need this towel washed, you could try:

• daring the roommate to deeply sniff the towel
    • finding some online source about bacteria collection on towels
    • performing an experiment where you take a sample of the towel and cultivate all the funky stuff on it
    • asking very kindly to wash it

But there is a good chance that none of this will work. In that case, if the issue is only between the roommate and a funky towel, you'll probably just have to let him be.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    My freshman year of college I met an ENTP who because my best friend for several years. He and his roommate (INFJ and high school friend) made a bet with each other to see who could outlast the other throughout the year in NOT washing their sheets.

ENTP won hands down because the INFJ cracked after a few months. ENTP continued not washing his sheets for the remainder of the year... Flash forward to fall of our sophomore year.

I went down to meet them at their dorm and ran into ENTPs mom. She was in the midst of an argument with the ENTP. Why? She had recently been getting his stuff ready for coming back and noticed a cardboard box with lots of grease stains on it. She opened it up to discover his still unwashed sheets inside. She promptly threw them in the garbage.

The new argument was happening because he had found the sheets in the garbage.... Still unwashed.... And secretly took them out because he planned on using them as his sheets for the second year as well... Just to see how long he could go without washing his sheets.

In conclusion: I think you are screwed.

The lesson of the story, of course, is to not place bets with ENTPs... unless you expect the bet to be carried out on to absurdity and/or lose

As far as the towel situation goes, things could get tricky if it turns into a competition of who can come up with the best reasons for their position and such (without even caring about the towel anymore), which is why I suggest using empirical data.

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    But then wouldn't you like more natural grass with all the interesting imperfections and then grow flowers in it?
    Funny you should mention that!! I'm thinking of spreading blue bonnet and indian paint brush seeds on my st. augustine lawn like it's weed & feed and then blending in some rich top soil. I bet that would look amazing in the spring! Still thinking it through though...

I don't use weed & feed, so it might just work on some of the sparser areas.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

How do I get my ENTP roommate to wash his towel?
    Smear something gross and brightly coloured on it.

Either that or accept that it's his towel and if he chooses to be dirty it does not affect you.

I wash my towel maybe once every few months. Can't remember the last time I washed my sheets.

It's not really THAT disgusting. Just depends on your perspective. There's no set time when towels and sheets become universally gross. One day I'll get out of the shower and be like "hmmm, I should wash my towel today" and that will be that. Why do you care if those days are farther spaced apart than yours? It's like what Kasper said, just accept that it's his towel and it's state of being does not affect you.

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    I wash my towel maybe once every few months. Can't remember the last time I washed my sheets.

It's not really THAT disgusting. Just depends on your perspective. There's no set time when towels and sheets become universally gross. One day I'll get out of the shower and be like "hmmm, I should wash my towel today" and that will be that. Why do you care if those days are farther spaced apart than yours? It's like what Kasper said, just accept that it's his towel and it's state of being does not affect you.
    It's gross because a dirty towel picks up dead skin and bacteria over time. Regardless I have already accepted that's the way he is. I don't think you guys understand my point of view since I have to live with him. So from time to time this will bother me. Anyway thanks guys for all your replies.

Anew Leaf

I wash my sheets every Sunday.... My blankets and mattress pad the first Sunday of the month.... Currently waiting for sheets to be done right now...

MBTI
    INxj

I worship and adore all ENTP that have ever lived. XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO