User Tag List

First 3240414243445292142 Last

Thread: Ask an ENTP!

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by StrawMan View Post
    There will be a lot of bs talking, a mess and a possible pregnancy.

I need an agree button

~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by targobelle View Post
    sadly no he doesn't

he seems to be in some sort of funk as of late,

I don't understand him and he pushes me to the point of emotional break down, where I am sobbing uncontrollably and then he gets to be the big man and pick me up and is all happy well I am still emotionally broken right now *sigh*

maybe b/c he doesn't have anything for himself he is trying to make me unwell so I can be his project?
    Hah, he's being a giant PITA cause he's getting a payoff from it in some form. I know this stage and it's not good. He needs time out pronto.

DH is funny, he'll scramble to get me a few free hours once I get to his last nerve and tell me that he cleared the schedule for me, but we both know it's for him too. heh

The thing is though I need consistent time for myself and I really have to plan that out so that I can get that quality time. If I don't -- I'm a giant prickly mess and drive *everyone* nuts.

We seem to gotten over the hump a little and DH starts getting signs that I'm wearing thin so it's like he realized it's in his best interests to be a little more proactive with shoving me out the door or leaving the house quiet for a little while every week.

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

k I get the need for time for yourself I am an enfp with 3 kids I need my time

is your DH an entp as well?
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    ENTP

No, he's an iNFP though.

MBTI
    INTJ

How do you get to know an ENTP without getting manipulated, deceived, hurt (or pregnant) in the process?
    I've been hanging out this summer with him from time to time, and there is a connection, but sometimes he just annoys the hell out of me with his puppet master attitude. Now I wouldn't even bother if he wasn't so clever and fascinating, but putting up with his crap just drives me away.
    Does a particular strategy work for you? We usually meet at a bar so no one-on-one deep discussions and I have about an hour before he gets distracted and flies away.
    Last edited by Misia; 09-10-2010 at 04:59 AM. Reason: insecure

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Is an ENTP likely to be subtle or up front?
    For example, the passive facebook status -- is that directed at someone in particular, or is it more likely that they really are just making a broad statement?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by vieamemusique View Post
    For example, the passive facebook status -- is that directed at someone in particular, or is it more likely that they really are just making a broad statement?
    Upfront. But really if I need to be subtle about it than I will be subtle. It just depends on the issue or person.

MBTI
    ENTP

ENTPS ARE NOT THE SAME.
    THERE ARE 2358230520 VARIABLES THAT DEFINE A PERSON

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by Misia View Post
    How do you get to know an ENTP without getting manipulated, deceived, hurt (or pregnant) in the process?
    I've been hanging out this summer with him from time to time, and there is a connection, but sometimes he just annoys the hell out of me with his puppet master attitude. Now I wouldn't even bother if he wasn't so clever and fascinating, but putting up with his crap just drives me away.
    Does a particular strategy work for you? We usually meet at a bar so no one-on-one deep discussions and I have about an hour before he gets distracted and flies away.
    Yes, the method is called Cojones. If you want to learn it you should study bulls right before their horns pierce a matador.

On a more serious note. I don't think ENTPs are more manipulative than other types (how do you consider the bar situation you describe as manipulative?) Speaking for myself at least, I do often get bored talking to the same person for a while. Doesn't mean I don't like or want to manipulate them!

Quote Originally Posted by vieamemusique View Post
    Most people prefer to be subtle, I prefer to be different. I sometimes like to shock and provoke people by being incredibly blunt and honest. I literally made friends once by telling a girl she had a bit of a tummy. On the other hand, I do often hint at things in mysterious ways.

To make a long answer short. There's no telling!
    (removed)

MBTI
    INTJ

It feels like I'm asking for dating advice based on random facts but that's not really the point of the idea.
    To sum it up, do you always need to be in the control of the situation? do you often end up having power struggles with people around you? is it a double standard?
    Last edited by Misia; 09-11-2010 at 07:53 AM. Reason: misspelling