User Tag List

First 2937383940414989139 Last

Thread: Ask an ENTP!

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Goosebump View Post
    Do you think it's possible for an S person to develop their Ne? Or an N person to further develop their Ne?
    Everyone uses all of the functions, just in different orders of preferences, so yes a person could develop their Ne however some would find it easier than others. A SJ for example would theoretically find it easier than a SP.

Let me rephrase my question

Do you think it's possible for an S person to develop their Ne? Or an N person to further develop their Ne?
    Most definitely. What I believe you are aiming to achieve is more easier access to what you've already got.

Ya just gotta learn how to flaut what ya got.

We all have access of use of all 8 functions - just in different preferences. You just have to harness it.

Hmm, now, how to harness Ne? That's another question, perhaps to ask an ENTP.

ReflecTcelfeR

Ne is a pattern finding function so I'd imagine an S could; they just might get bored with taking the connections past a point which they deem 'unusable'. As they like things to be more concrete. So to the first, yes. If the first is yes then I suppose it's not possible to say that the second is no. I suppose the N would consider it fine-tuning more than they would developing though, as most who use Ne consider themselves to be great at finding patterns already.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    Ne is a pattern finding function so I'd imagine an S could; they just might get bored with taking the connections past a point which they deem 'unusable'. As they like things to be more concrete. So to the first, yes. If the first is yes then I suppose it's not possible to say that the second is no. I suppose the N would consider it fine-tuning more than they would developing though, as most who use Ne consider themselves to be great at finding patterns already.
    It's tertiary function for ESxJ and inferior for ISxJs, of course they can have good use of it, they will still be Sensors is all.

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    It's tertiary function for ESxJ and inferior for ISxJs, of course they can have good use of it, they will still be Sensors is all.
    Yes . I should have said does instead of could.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    SEI

So can their tertiary function ever override their primary function and replace it?

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

So can their tertiary function ever override their primary function and replace it?
    I wouldn't say that, people can develop functions but their dominant function will always be the most comfortable space backed by their auxiliary and so on. As an ENTP when I develop my Si for example I do it in a manner that supports my Ne-Ti-Fe-Si pattern, Si will never be my most comfortable space but it I would be able to access it in a more positive and productive manner if I develop it.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Hmm, now, how to harness Ne? That's another question, perhaps to ask an ENTP.
    Ne is, by definition, a wild and random function. I can't "harness" it. I don't know if it is even possible.
    One of the fastest and surest ways to shut down my Ne is organizing a brainstorming session or anything else specificially designed to create ideas. I've never understood the purpose of those things, except if they were designed to make you lose time. You can brainstorm while working!

I've learnt some tricks along the way. Ne needs triggering. External input. It's an extraverted function indeed. Here are some of my favourite triggers:
    - An unexpected question
    - Someone explaining or defending something that strikes me as false
    - Comments on my work, especially on my creative projects. "You can do this better" gets me grumpy at first, but very soon I'll start generating ideas about how to improve it and I'll be happy as pie and thank you.
    - Reading or hearing about a theory or fact I didn't know before. History is climbing along my 'interesting' ladder.
    - Manual work, riding the bike or taking the train,... anything which doesn't require that much attention but still takes the "you've got to generate ideas now" pressure from my mind.
    - Trying to sleep. That's not really a favourite of mine, because I want to sleep then and not generate ideas.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I hear a lot from ENTPs about needing to find someone who gets you and understands and can handle your randomness/independence/need to have a billion balls in the air. How willing are you to do the same for your partner if they were to display the ability to meet you halfway? Are you willing to accommodate and make time for someone you have feelings for? Or are you looking for someone to be there when you get through with your projects and distractions?
    yes to all.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Let me rephrase my question

Yes, you can develop any function.
    As an ENTP, I tested as having a pretty high Se/Si, almost equal to my secondary Ti...but I'd say I'm still Ne dom at the moment. It could change whenever.