User Tag List

First 2533343536374585135 Last

Thread: Ask an ENTP!

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Chloé View Post
    is it atypical or typical for ENTP to think that only thing you should know about phylosophy is that it exists and that you should do whatever you want to do. all else could be brainwashing and feels like brainwashing to him.
    is it?
    Philosophy means the love of thinking. Why wouldn't we all be philosophers then? We do love thinking, you know!
    I actually know a good chunk about philosophy, mostly thanks to my high school religion teacher and the required course in university. I like Heidegger, Sartre, Kant and of course Descartes.
    Brainwashing? No way. Why would reading about philosophers cripple your thinking? On the contrary: the more input we get, the better we become at it. One of the best ways to define your philosophy (according to me) is reacting on the ones that exist, looking whether you agree or not and search arguments for your stance. Debating is a real-time version of that.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Chloé View Post
    is it atypical or typical for ENTP to think that only thing you should know about phylosophy is that it exists and that you should do whatever you want to do. all else could be brainwashing and feels like brainwashing to him.

is it?
    It largely depends on what you want. Tamske nicely said, she's open to any kind of new thoughts. I am not. I dont really do quantum physics or philosophy no more atm, because I am mainly in touch with real application of my ideas atm to get along with my job and to finally built some things hands on, rather just to think about it all day.

There was a time, I was more into theory and I think there will be a time again.

But I noticed, when I look back at all time that I never really liked philosophy, I dont know why that likely sounds like a logical thing to do for an entp namely to be intrested in philosophy, but I never liked it. Metaphysics was an intresting thing, but it lacked too much facts and proof and largely built on fantasy. And tho I love fantasy and people who have it, I dont like it to be used to make science with it. It turns my comprehension of the world and my what should I call it, big-picture naturalistic scientific view of the world in something unrealistic that doesnt click no more with my trained framework of understanding
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Thanks for answers. I was actually asking because I am trying to type someone, and I was expecting answers like "Yes, I can imagine ENTP saying that" or "No, no way" lol.
    But I am fairly sure the guy is ENTP, though.

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    But I noticed, when I look back at all time that I never really liked philosophy, I dont know why that likely sounds like a logical thing to do for an entp namely to be intrested in philosophy, but I never liked it.
    This resonates a lot with my opinion as well.

MBTI
    ENTP

Any questions?
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Does the voltage always peak by the factor sqrt(2), when you use a bridge rectifier with a smoothing capacitor after the transformator ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Thoughts on a relationship with an ENTJ?

ReflecTcelfeR

I don't believe I know an entj in real life so I can't speak from experience, but I think it may work out as long as they can handle my insane-ness. I don't know if they'd be too serious for me. I think I would love the direction that they would give my life, it is extremely motivating. So I say I would enjoy trying it out.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by vieamemusique View Post
    Thoughts on a relationship with an ENTJ?
    How about an ENFP?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    I don't believe I know an entj in real life so I can't speak from experience, but I think it may work out as long as they can handle my insane-ness. I don't know if they'd be too serious for me. I think I would love the direction that they would give my life, it is extremely motivating. So I say I would enjoy trying it out.
    When you say "too serious", are you meaning "not silly enough?"

I know an ENTP and that's what he was saying. But I don't really understand what he means by silly. Any insights?

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by vieamemusique View Post
    When you say "too serious", are you meaning "not silly enough?"

I know an ENTP and that's what he was saying. But I don't really understand what he means by silly. Any insights?
    Yeah, that's a good way to put it. Sometimes all I wanna do is spew ideas (cruel or kind) all day long and just avoid taking anything seriously. It's a relaxing mechanism and that I believe could easily wear down an ENTJ with prolonged use.