User Tag List

First 2432333435364484134 Last

Thread: Ask an ENTP!

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by penny89 View Post
    ENTPs: Do you find that your dom Ne leads to you making stuff up just for fun? -- and do you lie well (even if you don't lie often)?
    A lot of weird and random thoughts appear in my head if that is what you mean. I don't make up facts or lie (and I'm a terrible liar). It's more that I just come up with a lot of new, weird, funny concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    Hi ENTPs,

Do you like jumping from topic to topic when having a friendly conversation?
    I like to just talk and see where the conversation goes. I do find that when non-NP types change the topic they usually have an agenda, and that annoys me. I like to see where the conversation naturally goes.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

ENTPs: Do you find that your dom Ne leads to you making stuff up just for fun? -- and do you lie well (even if you don't lie often)?

(P.S. No judgment. I lie a lot, but I don't do it well. I was thinking my opposite might.)
    Reminds me of what I used to do to a friend for fun at school, he'd ask me for answers to an assignment and I'd give him pretty believeable jibberish I once filled out one of his assignments with absolute random crap lol. I play devils advocate a bit, particularly if I want something. Pretty funny when you trick someone into being nice to you

Hi ENTPs,

Very much so. I have been acused of this all to often, if I have a question, I kinda just ask without such transitional crap. Many conversations end up looping back a little bit and expanding eventually, but a convo about pumpkins could easily end up about big glasses or golden eggs within a brief moment. Especially when I've had a bit to drink
    5 3 9

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Can you elaborate on that for me? I know that tertiary Fe in ExTPs can be quite a force, almost on par with Fe primary ExFJs. I've always wondered why that is.
    I think I would call this our primary social link, as it should be; the image that we give off is important still to us. This is how we connect with people, due to the lack of development of our personal values, we use this function specifically to relate with others that find us strange. Our thoughts may seem extremely off the wall and pompous, but if our actions show otherwise perhaps that will carry more weight. I speak of flaws because of our (or I should say my) tendency towards arrogance. I am arrogant, but I know I am flawed and if people can remember this at all time it brings humanity to the forefront and my friends can still accept me because I do not appear perfect or I don't give off the feel that I'm better than them, which is what Fe is all about anyway, in the healthy sense it is about acceptance. I would say that this tendency towards acceptance is our realization that we don't necessarily create things, but alter them, so we need the thoughts of others in order to add on to them. Fe is the essence of our dependency on others.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    NO!

See the thing is, where exactly does one "topic" end and another begin? Because what others may see as jumps, I see a very real thread of connection, thus making it relevant [and even MORE interesting] to the topic at hand. And, speaking of hands, did you know that the use of one's hands actually influences the way the brain shapes itself for language development? Gives a whole new meaning to the statement, "Talk to the hand...."

Not that I ever found that statement insulting, as most of our language is body language anyway, and well....what? Where was I?
    Conversations don't have topics, they have movements. They have motifs, thematic consistency and variation, melody, harmony, rhythm and dynamics. A truly great conversation is no different than a great piece of music, especially since the best conversations eventually come around full circle in the way great pieces of music do.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Conversations don't have topics, they have movements.
    What an elegant way to put it. I couldn't agree more.

They have motifs, thematic consistency and variation, melody, harmony, rhythm and dynamics. A truly great conversation is no different than a great piece of music, especially since the best conversations eventually come around full circle in the way great pieces of music do.
    I have often experienced the bolded, and it evokes this sense of "closure"/fulfillment/revelation once the parties, or at least, myself, part from that conversation.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Conversations don't have topics, they have movements. They have motifs, thematic consistency and variation, melody, harmony, rhythm and dynamics. A truly great conversation is no different than a great piece of music, especially since the best conversations eventually come around full circle in the way great pieces of music do.
    Ya that's sort of what I meant lol

My ENTP friend is one the easiest people to talk to because we never run out of things to talk about. It's really nice.
    Weathergirl: District 38 is sunny. Slight rock showers this morning. Chance of rock showers into the afternoon—20 percent. District 39 is cloudy. Chance of rock showers this afternoon—10 percent.
    Edward: Bebop here here! Alright woo hoo!
    Weathergirl: Chance of rock showers today upgraded to 90 percent.
    Edward: Really.

MBTI
    ENTP

How do you suppress your Byronic tendencies?
    Ugh. I don't like this type of (anti)heroes. Maybe because most Mary Sues/Gary Stus are of that type. A hero with lots of abilities and kicking everybody's ass because he has been terribly wronged before? Boring.

I've had a happy childhood, but nevertheless I want to become a great writer.

(...) I know that tertiary Fe in ExTPs can be quite a force, almost on par with Fe primary ExFJs. I've always wondered why that is.
    We need the input. We thrive on it. We want to discuss about theories, we want to gather new and strange ideas and combine them all.
    We use the Fe as a means to satisfy our addiction.

I enjoy making stuff up. I hate outright lying and are really bad at it. I would simplify or embellish stories, unless I realize what I'm doing.

Hi ENTPs,
    Sure. But I enjoy getting deep into a topic, too, to the point other people would say "enough, I get it already!". Well, debating is a means to refine my understanding.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

And how do you "manage" them, my lovely? I know what NFJs are capable of, good and bad, and that we live under a shroud. I tend to channel my, shall we say, less than stellar attributes into something I hope will be better than just giving them free rein. What do you do to contain/train/sublimate those impulses?
    Way I see it ENTPs can be champions and villains at the same time, those two parts are inter-merged. Comes down to perspective as to what is right in a situation. I know personally I'm probably capable of doing things that could be seen as villainous by others if it was justified in my head, but at the same time I have a strong desire to put humanitarian needs above all else.

Figuratively speaking, I could kill one to save many. And I would sleep at night fine.

And this why we shall never divorce! haha!

Can you elaborate on that for me? I know that tertiary Fe in ExTPs can be quite a force, almost on par with Fe primary ExFJs. I've always wondered why that is.
    People are the ultimate feedback machines. They give me inspiration.

I make stuff up for fun a lot, the more unbelievable and absurd the fable, whilst still being eaten up by my audience, the better. It never ceases to amaze me how many people will take me seriously when I say something outlandish. Of course the punch line isn't funny unless I explain I'm being absurd so people will know in the end that I'm being stupid.

Lying though is a whole other game and one I prefer not to partake in, firstly and rather importantly I do not have a good memory, remembering the truth is hard enough, having to remember two versions of the story is stupid, secondly I highly value honesty and the ability to be forthright and lastly I do not feel good about fibbing, I'd rather say nothing, or tell the blunt truth and deal with the consequences.

Not really, the way you suggest that sounds rather stop-starty. I like flow, letting the conversation go where ever both parties want it to without silent time in between that is clearly filled with both people desperately racking their brains to think of something to say to fill the silence. Flow. Ne finds the link between topics so no jumping is required.

All Natural! All Good!

Ok guys. Thanks for answering my lying question. It's interesting to hear you do not all lie well -- maybe this has less to do with type than I thought. Thanks again.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

is it atypical or typical for ENTP to think that only thing you should know about phylosophy is that it exists and that you should do whatever you want to do. all else could be brainwashing and feels like brainwashing to him.

is it?