• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Ask an ENTP!

A

Anew Leaf

I find it amusing when people get super sugared coffee type drinks and then ask for "fat free" milk/cream. If you' going to consume a small bag of sugar, a few extra calories are the least of your concern :)

And I think nerdgirl recognizes the fine line between challenge and hopeless case. :)

A

A window to the soul

Whatever happened to the idea of a challenge? :D

And what's the problem with lattes and treehugging anyway?

^ Okay, okay, so I'm humoring a tree hugger friend... we're skipping towards a lovely oak tree. I offer to hold my friend's fat free triple mocha latte. So while friend is walking towards tree, I sneak a sip of the latte "hmmm mmm". Then, I glance up to see my friend in Mother Nature's embrace and I laugh so hard latte shoots out of my nose. -trips over tree root-

...the fat free triple mocha latte launches into the air and hits the tree. :cheese:

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
What's yours but your friends use it more then you do?
No idea. Are you talking about things your friend use to borrow from you?

What can I do to resist the awesome allure of every ENTP I meet? Is such a feat even possible? And, perhaps most importantly, should I even want to?
You want to scare away/ turn off ENTPs?
Don't show interest in them. Talk about your life/family/the weather, the most boring details first, and expect them to remember them. Be weary, because ENTPs are good at twisting a boring conversation into an interesting (to them) one. Especially the weather can lead to nice abstract topics (the sort of thing the ENTP likes) like "what's the difference between weather and climate" and "how to predict climate for hundred years in the future when you can't predict the weather for tomorrow" (I'm glad to explain this one to you!),... Don't engage in the debate, because an ENTP thrives on debate :)

Ok. I just went outside and hugged a white birch tree. I am wearing my people magazine twinset. I just recycled my frappacini mocha triple latte with fat-free milk on my way out to the tree.
I now have an unholy urge to talk about that new York shore show and how global warming caused the recent earthquakes and how I just booked my hair stylist for an appointment on dec 11 2012.
If you really don't want our reactions, don't display such an amount of Ne Nonsense. You see what happened: you'll get a flood of Ne back, interspersed with some Ti checkings of the "you ARE just joking, aren't you?" sort.
After all, I'll get to climbing into my television set shortly, to see whether a two-dimensional image is able to resist the power of the remote control.

A

Anew Leaf

You want to scare away/ turn off ENTPs?
Don't show interest in them. Talk about your life/family/the weather, the most boring details first, and expect them to remember them. Be weary, because ENTPs are good at twisting a boring conversation into an interesting (to them) one. Especially the weather can lead to nice abstract topics (the sort of thing the ENTP likes) like "what's the difference between weather and climate" and "how to predict climate for hundred years in the future when you can't predict the weather for tomorrow" (I'm glad to explain this one to you!),... Don't engage in the debate, because an ENTP thrives on debate :)

If you really don't want our reactions, don't display such an amount of Ne Nonsense. You see what happened: you'll get a flood of Ne back, interspersed with some Ti checkings of the "you ARE just joking, aren't you?" sort.
After all, I'll get to climbing into my television set shortly, to see whether a two-dimensional image is able to resist the power of the remote control.

Haha, so true. When I explained my "Theory on How to Live Forever" my ex-ENTP laughed his ass off first and then started telling me, "baby, you KNOW this can't happen right?.... right?!" And every so often I would bring it up again and he would demand I cease and desist because he couldn't handle that much nonsense at once.

However, I do actually enjoy a fun debate... although I ofTen don't employ actual logic in my debates... which some N friends n-joy (ahah) and others do not. The weather versus climate..... I am intrigued....

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Haha, so true. When I explained my "Theory on How to Live Forever" my ex-ENTP laughed his ass off first and then started telling me, "baby, you KNOW this can't happen right?.... right?!" And every so often I would bring it up again and he would demand I cease and desist because he couldn't handle that much nonsense at once.

However, I do actually enjoy a fun debate... although I ofTen don't employ actual logic in my debates... which some N friends n-joy (ahah) and others do not.
What? No logic?? That's not a debate, that's just goofing off (which is of course allowed). If I know you're just joking and don't really believe the nonsense you're saying, I'm able to tell my Ti "it's okay, we all know it's not consistent." Otherwise I'm inclined to lecture you and point out the mistakes.

I've also experienced that my nonsense stories tend to follow a more rigid pattern than the ones of some of my friends.

The weather versus climate..... I am intrigued....
*puts on teacher hat*
Climate is the average weather. While some winter days are hotter than some summer days, on average the temperature in summer is higher than the temperature in winter. Weather is temperature, sunshine, rain, clouds, wind,... on a specific place and at a specific time.
It is very difficult to predict the weather. It's almost as difficult as predicting the outcome of a roll with dice. I like to compare it with dice. Take one ordinary six-sided die.
1) Throw it one time. Before you throw, try to predict the outcome.
2) Throw it a hundred times. Before you throw, try to predict the average of all outcomes.

Did you predict 3,5 for the second experiment? Were you more or less right? See how easy it is to predict averages, even if it's almost impossible to predict the outcome of a single experiment. That's why it's difficult to predict the weather for tomorrow and still possible to predict the climate for within a hundred years.

And global warming? If the average outcome of the die turns out to be 4 instead of 3,5, aren't you going to suspect the die is loaded?

A

Anew Leaf

New question fo srs this thyme.

Do you (general) get over relationships (1-2-3) if you are not the one who made the break up move?
1- easily
2- tough but it fades with time
3- I secretly do not get over it but will never admit to it

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

I'm not proud of that.

Also I've never had someone else end a relationship, it has either been mutual or my doing.

That does not invalidate my feelings for the other person nor mean I no longer care for them, I just move on to singledom easily. I am a sp/so.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I had one serious relationship before now. I'm unsure whether I was the one to break it up or not. In either case, we broke up with mutual understanding. The relationship was dead anyway. I got over very easily, but I don't know whether that would be the case had the break-up come out of the blue.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
How should one seduce you?

With bolt cutters, a burrito and some loose change. From that you should be able to MacGuyver up a solution subduction, no problem.

And with Saturned's relationship question, I've been dumped once. It was by a guy I'd been with for a number of years and loved pretty deeply. But the bastard cheated on me, so it was pretty easy to move on.

Aw, who am I kidding? It was pretty brutal for the first number of weeks. I cried. Big, sad teardrops. But I'd say the ratio between "time in relationship" to "time getting over relationship" was still pretty low.

A

Anew Leaf

How I envy the ability to get over things in a timely fashion.

The only way I get over things in a timely fashion is if we apply geological time. Then, I get stuff done.

Maybe my next question is: is there a quest I can go on to become an ENTP? Your grass looks like its been engineered to stay green longer. I always forget to water my grass.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
New question fo srs this thyme.

Do you (general) get over relationships (1-2-3) if you are not the one who made the break up move?
1- easily
2- tough but it fades with time
3- I secretly do not get over it but will never admit to it

It's sorta like this:

[YOUTUBE="pc0mxOXbWIU"]Well, bye[/YOUTUBE]

That goes on for about a week. Then it's time to move on.

How should one seduce you?

Talk about sexual things. Drop little hints. We're paying attention, promise.

How I envy the ability to get over things in a timely fashion.

The only way I get over things in a timely fashion is if we apply geological time. Then, I get stuff done.

Maybe my next question is: is there a quest I can go on to become an ENTP? Your grass looks like its been engineered to stay green longer. I always forget to water my grass.

Nope. I think you might underestimate exactly how much cynicism you have to cultivate, and then still manage to stay generally optimistic. You can't just be comfortable with the absurdity of the world, you have to revel in it. Knowing that two things can be true at the same time, but only one is right, because it's the one that works. Fun stuff, isn't it?

A

Anew Leaf

Hmm, well, my motto about people (that I cheerfully tell people) is: I hate people. I do have a crunchy cynical shell that holds together the yolk of optimism buried deep within me.

But while I have moments of revel, they don't last particularly long because glitter, galaxies, gummy bears pop into my head.

Both things can be right because not everything works... I think.

I failz!

Last edited:

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP

Nah...the grass is just an optical illusion.