User Tag List

First 1725262728293777127 Last

Thread: Ask an ENTP!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
    It seems like most of you have picked a "path" that is totally random.
    Interesting. I'm not at that stage yet. I know where life will possibly take me, but I tend to take it as it comes, or in a varying portion of instances– the ones I'm interested in for reasons I'm still figuring out (possibly the complexity of it all)– I'll act on an impulse I just feel as "right." Maybe I use what you call a path in a short term form.

How do you prioritize? Where do you get your ideas? Do you all have "callings" like this?
    I know what I have to do, so I make as much time as possible to do what I want before or after I take care of my responsibilities (or whatever you want to call them). I'm not sure where I get my ideas; I think a lot of it is viewing the external world and applying forms or functions from my past into it. I also find myself instantly asking and answering questions because I identify the basic principles of a situation quickly.

Oh, and do you get along with other ENTPs? Or is like putting two cats in the same room - totally unpredictable?
    It depends. I like them– they like me (so far from what I've seen), but you must realize as there are different senses, there are different lines of intuition. Some Ne/Ti users' lines of intuition and logic I follow more than others; I know an ENTP which I can have casual talk with, but our tastes and line of reasoning is quite different from each others as we focus on different variables than one another.
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
    ENTPs!
    It seems like most of you have picked a "path" that is totally random. I know one who is in the third world, doing relief work because it's his "calling," one who works in the music industry, another whose "calling" is in politics, and another who is a pro whitewater kayaker who wants to revert the world back to 1860.
    How do you prioritize? Where do you get your ideas? Do you all have "callings" like this?
    Path? Prioritizing?

No, random is more like the word. I'm in some situation and dreaming about tens or hundreds of possible other lives and before I know I have to make a choice... When I was in high school, people kept asking me what I wanted to do afterwards. And I answered to get them off my back, because I wanted to create computer games/read books / ... and not thinking about boring REAL life. So I said "science" because that seemed interesting. And the choice was made. It was a good one, because, yes, it was interesting. Much the same way I rolled into a PhD and afterwards into a teaching job. We (at least, I) make the choices when it's really needed.
    Of course, now I'm striving to become a writer. I'm a little disappointed with myself that I didn't write this much when in high school and university...

Oh, and do you get along with other ENTPs? Or is like putting two cats in the same room - totally unpredictable?
    Depends on the ENTPs. I know an ENTP I wouldn't want to live or work with for too long... I know another one and we get along great. Luckily for me, it's the latter who's my father-in-law
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

what do you see to be the biggest difference between ENTPs and ESTPs? just out of curiosity
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTP

ENTPs are theorists, ESTPs experimentalists?

But we don't shun a little experiment either... if it can confirm or break our theory. General theory comes first. I'd say the ESTP would experiment first and theorize later.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

deduction v induction? I like it!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

KILL IT WITH FIRE!

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    KILL IT WITH FIRE!
    I surely hope you don't mean the ENTPs ...

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    what do you see to be the biggest difference between ENTPs and ESTPs? just out of curiosity
    ESTPs will physically get up and act a lot more quickly than ENTPs.
    ENTPs will dissect a complex situation a lot more quickly than ESTPs.

We get the same sort of excitement, just a different stimulus. If you take an ESTP into a large room and flick on the lights to reveal a complex obstacle course, you may find they go just as crazy as if you took an ENTP in a large room and flicked on the lights to reveal the schematics to an anti-gravity machine.

And this works great when the two are together because we can easily share this excitement in completely different fields! Both types end up discovering something new, which, as you know, gets us pretty excited.
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3

how do you experience being in love with someone?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by colourscientist View Post
    how do you experience being in love with someone?
    I posted already somewhat about that... let's find it back:
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post939951
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ve-when-4.html (I recommend you to skim through this thread)
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post982196