User Tag List

First 1624252627283676126 Last

Thread: Ask an ENTP!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

PIC or AVR µCs for the doomsday device ?

PIC

AVR

Cost-efficient alternative:
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentMind View Post
    Teachers are the best! Especially teachers who enjoy teaching. Even better, you're a teacher that loves teaching and learning. Wicked sweet.
    Thank you. That's very kind. It's hard to believe in myself as a teacher, sometimes.

ENTPs, do you generally believe in yourself? Do you have doubts? If yes, when?
    My doubts are plenty whenever I'm not teaching. When I'm preparing, or otherwise occupied with teaching; except for the teaching part itself.
    Is this a general thing? Doubting whether you can do something, but being happily absorbed and confident when you actually are busy with it?

@ Entropie: both, of course. Are you an ENTP or aren't you?
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Simultaneously yes and no. My mind is paradoxical.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    Wow nyx, he sounds like the typical ENTP.

To answer your original question.

ENTP loves you!

I can't speak for all ENTP's obviously but here's what I know.

Your theory is valid. I could see myself behave in the way you described. And yes, you are being used to help shape the frameworks of their lives.

But is that such a bad thing? You are actually improving the life of someone you love, and better yet, you make him happy. And he makes you happy. As for the intense catching up and not seeing each other often. If the guy is as self-conscious as me he realizes that the two of you should catch up more often, but he may be afraid that it will become something casual. Passionate experiences are addictive to all ENTPs.
    It could also be that he is afraid of emotional dependency, like you said. It can be hard for anybody to open up. But then again, if he feels safe with you then someday he will open up anyway. Best take it slow.

As for your final two questions.

It's love and you care because oxytocin is rushing through your brain every time you think of this guy. It's a powerful reaction, isn't it?

Yes and no, at the moment you're over-analysing, I think you're getting your emotional validation from this guy and it isn't working for you. You can think of the guy, but focus on the more practical side.

A good advice for feelers communicating with thinkers is to learn about S.M.A.R.T. goal setting. ENTPs are people pleasers and will want to know how to make you feel good. But don't throw too much emotions in the mix, because in the end only YOU are responsible for them and you can't rely on an ENTP to understand them all of the time.

Ooh, I just thought of something. For added effect, if you feel you have good enough rapport with him, give him the list on the back of a letter that graphically describes what you're going to do to him if he's a good boy. Sprinkle it in your perfume. Draw something on it. If the guy is anything like me, this would make it a game and a challenge, and drive him wild. Don't make it too personal, he will want to show this to all his friends.

Oh, and Please Do Me A Favor.
    i liked the bit about ocytocin, it was so romantic
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Simultaneously yes and no. My mind is paradoxical.
    Entp, the smug relativistic thinker
    at least that s me
    and it wouldn't be paradoxical if you had a better hold on/integration of your Ti

for perfectly non cocky purposes of comparison
    the entj would be the (will to) power (driven) oriented absolutistic entrepreneur
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

Clarhck, maybe you can ask about that in the "what's my type" subforum, which is created for that purpose.
    The not good at planning points at P, indeed. What about improvising and flexibility? Are you good at that? Because P isn't only the bad things...
    Activities where you have to be flexible and improve are the type I like.I like not having time to think that's when I'm the most effective.I usually defeat everyone I know in debating.I have a quick wit because of the way mind automatically connects things

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Usually not, the only time when I actually would have doubt is before anything important. I generally freak myself out thinking of the most random worst-case scenarios before say, an exam, or an emergency (lifeguarding gives me some doubts, too. It's so hard to remember all the rules ). But once something happens or is happening, I have no doubts whatsoever.

MBTI
    INTP

ENTPs!

It seems like most of you have picked a "path" that is totally random. I know one who is in the third world, doing relief work because it's his "calling," one who works in the music industry, another whose "calling" is in politics, and another who is a pro whitewater kayaker who wants to revert the world back to 1860.

How do you prioritize? Where do you get your ideas? Do you all have "callings" like this?

Oh, and do you get along with other ENTPs? Or is like putting two cats in the same room - totally unpredictable?

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Path? Damn, I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up... and I'm 30. I follow what smells good at the time. I need passion.

Meanwhile overseas relief work, music industry, politics and white water kayaking all sounds pretty kick ass as options to me!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
    ENTPs!

It seems like most of you have picked a "path" that is totally random. I know one who is in the third world, doing relief work because it's his "calling," one who works in the music industry, another whose "calling" is in politics, and another who is a pro whitewater kayaker who wants to revert the world back to 1860.

How do you prioritize? Where do you get your ideas? Do you all have "callings" like this?

Oh, and do you get along with other ENTPs? Or is like putting two cats in the same room - totally unpredictable?
    haha, I have my whole career planned (in a Percieverish way), because I have soooo many options. I want to be many different things. I love teaching people, I have exactly the right attitude for it, I'd do it in my spare time, so I guess that would be a calling. But before I do that, I need to get into research, because the earlier you do it, the higher chance you have of making a big discovery and becoming the best in your field. Then, when I'm hungering for money, I'll either learn engineering, or join a government defence agency, either ASIO or some other random one. Most of these things require that I go overseas, or interstate, so by the time I'm done, I'll have been everywhere man
    5 3 9