• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Ask an ENTP!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Just wondering, cause I dont believe a thing like manipulating people is possible at all. And furthermore I belive it to be dangerous. They could make you think you manipulated them, while they then manipulate you at the same time in the shadows. Or they could trust you and then you manipulated them for some "own ego" reasons ? No that's stupid.

I value honesty in people. Which of course doesnt take away from you the opportunity to still be cryptic with them :D

sgtmac_46

MBTI Type
ENTP
Just wondering, cause I dont believe a thing like manipulating people is possible at all. And furthermore I belive it to be dangerous. They could make you think you manipulated them, while they then manipulate you at the same time in the shadows. Or they could trust you and then you manipulated them for some "own ego" reasons ? No that's stupid.

I value honesty in people. Which of course doesnt take away from you the opportunity to still be cryptic with them :D

If you didn't believe it's possible, why would you believe it's dangerous? ;)

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Will anyone monitor and update this thread on a regular basis?

Oh wait, I already know the answer :cool:

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
I've never imagined I would fall in love - that was just not for me. To me, it seemed lovers did all those silly things like stare in each others eyes and talk about nothing else than how much they were in love.
Until, of course, I fell in love. Now I know better. Lovers can talk about interesting things, too. Just choose the right lover.

I like this.

But do tell--what was 'in love' like, once you fell in love?

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Will anyone monitor and update this thread on a regular basis?

Oh wait, I already know the answer :cool:

I will.
Don't judge me on type.

I like this.

But do tell--what was 'in love' like, once you fell in love?

Strange.
Life was suddenly much more interesting when this guy was around. When I heard he had a girlfriend, I felt despair. When I realised I *misheard* it (because of some similar sounding words in Dutch), all was well again.
We were friends and shared some interests. I felt at ease with him, but when I was alone, I was scared I've done or said something stupid and made myself less desirable.
The first time I realised I had actually fallen in love with him, it was because someone asked me 'if he was my lover'. No, he was just a friend - but the word connected and enhanced every thought and feeling I had about him.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You dont kid with girls, even if they try to live up to some imaginary standards called entp set up by society for them

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Whoa, settle down there, buddy, I was just kidding :)

Don't worry. I just wanted to get this clear. Sometimes I've got this feeling I've got to battle against the stereotype image of "ENTP = cool but useless". Actually, I guess lots of people on this forum either battle against the stereotypical image of their type, or just go with the flow and use their type as excuse for their behaviour. I just want to make clear I'm of the first kind.

You dont kid with girls, even if they try to live up to some imaginary standards called entp set up by society for them

I'm trying to live up to *ESTJ* standards of reliability (*), at least on this thread! But all the while answering like an ENTP would do, of course, otherwise this thread is pretty pointless.

(*) Yes, I'm ambitious :newwink:

More questions?

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
Strange.
Life was suddenly much more interesting when this guy was around. When I heard he had a girlfriend, I felt despair. When I realised I *misheard* it (because of some similar sounding words in Dutch), all was well again.
We were friends and shared some interests. I felt at ease with him, but when I was alone, I was scared I've done or said something stupid and made myself less desirable.
The first time I realised I had actually fallen in love with him, it was because someone asked me 'if he was my lover'. No, he was just a friend - but the word connected and enhanced every thought and feeling I had about him.

Thank you. That made it very clear for me. You are lucky to have found and married your love. :)

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Don't worry. I just wanted to get this clear. Sometimes I've got this feeling I've got to battle against the stereotype image of "ENTP = cool but useless". Actually, I guess lots of people on this forum either battle against the stereotypical image of their type, or just go with the flow and use their type as excuse for their behaviour. I just want to make clear I'm of the first kind.

I've never thought of it as "cool, but useless". More like "inconsistent, but there when it's important".

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm trying to live up to *ESTJ* standards of reliability (*), at least on this thread! But all the while answering like an ENTP would do, of course, otherwise this thread is pretty pointless.

(*) Yes, I'm ambitious :newwink:

More questions?
Aw :wubbie:

Well, since this thread was, I'm honored and surprised to say, inspired by the one I started, I might as well ask a question too!

What inspires you ENTPs to do things so differently? Is it that you trust your own judgment more than you trust the system? That you get bored with the "traditional" route? Because one of my very good friends, who is an ENTP, makes a point of doing everything the opposite way of what you'd expect. (Plus, being an ESTJ, I can't relate to that sort of behavior very well... :cheese: :doh:)

Qre:us

What inspires you ENTPs to do things so differently? Is it that you trust your own judgment more than you trust the system? That you get bored with the "traditional" route? Because one of my very good friends, who is an ENTP, makes a point of doing everything the opposite way of what you'd expect. (Plus, being an ESTJ, I can't relate to that sort of behavior very well... :cheese: :doh:)

To keep us, and you...on our toes.

It's always Swan Lake, 24/7, in our minds (including the tutus).

Don't think you can be the nut cracker. All who tries, fails. :doh:

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50

Well, since this thread was, I'm honored and surprised to say, inspired by the one I started, I might as well ask a question too!

The important part is the goal. How you get there is ultimately irrelevant as long as it gets done, right? You don't learn anything by attacking a problem from the same angle every time.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

Hahaha, this is hilarious to me. :hug:

I don't do things differently because honestly I don't know what different is. I don't go around comparing myself to everyone else. I have no idea what normal is because I seriously don't pay attention to most things around me. If someone asks me how to bake a cake, I would just attempt to bake one using things that logically make sense. It wouldn't even occur to me to look in a cookbook. I would try and fail and try again until I got it right. When I build Ikea furniture, I have to look at the picture of what the end result is going to be and I figure it out from there - I literally cannot follow the instructions. It's like my brain shuts down just imagining the tediousness of it all.

I guess what I'm saying is that other people's experiences generally mean nothing to me. I have to see it for myself in order to believe it. Doing something because "that's the way it's done" literally makes no sense to me at all. I want to try it a million other ways, just to be sure it's right for me. But maybe that's just me, I don't know.

The real question is why do SJs do everything the same? :D

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP

I'll try to explain this in a way that makes sense based on what I know from ESTJ's. I believe an ESTJ would get a really good feeling from accomplishing goals. It good be a small good feeling like crossing things off of a list, or a really good feeling like getting your diploma after years of study and hard work. An ESTJ feels good about accomplishing goals, and more importantly is very good at accomplishing goals, because ESTJ's tend to use the most prudent accepted method. Doing this will make achievements easier and more efficient.

Now the ENTP perspective. An ENTP's good feeling comes from imagination rather than efficiency and reasoning. When an ENTP wants to accomplish a goal they'll imagine a way that they think it should be done, and then privately reason to themselves to figure if their brainstorm makes sense and has a chance of working. So when an ENTP wants to do anything the first place he goes is his imagination. That's why we tend to do things differently. Our first instinct is just to dream up our own way of doing it instead of finding out what the accepted way is. (And even if we do know the accepted way that is boring, because it didn't come from our imagination.) Whenever we ENTP's get something to work based on our imagination it's a really good feeling, just like the feeling an ESTJ gets from accomplishing a goal that took a lot of time and energy.