First 51101141149150151152153 Last

Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1568

Thread: Ask an ENTP!

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    How's your gherkin jerky?
    nice try, but it won't be that easy to trip me up.
    gherkin is not meat, and therefore cannot be made into jerky.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENTP

Fellow ENTPs,

Do you also feel a permanent longing? Like, I'm sure the future will be better than the present. All the while, I know my two month long vacation (me teacher) will be over soon, which means an end to all the creative projects I'm working on now. I feel stupid for wishing holiday time to go faster, but I can't seem to help myself. I know very well that I'll wish it was holiday still when I'll be back at work. The future or the past, everything is better than the present. Always.

Are you able to enjoy the moment? Or do you need a Se for that?
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Fellow ENTPs,

Do you also feel a permanent longing? Like, I'm sure the future will be better than the present. All the while, I know my two month long vacation (me teacher) will be over soon, which means an end to all the creative projects I'm working on now. I feel stupid for wishing holiday time to go faster, but I can't seem to help myself. I know very well that I'll wish it was holiday still when I'll be back at work. The future or the past, everything is better than the present. Always.

Deep breaths, clearing out my internal dialogue, and paying attention to my senses helps me do that. Makes sense to fully immerse in the present, so that there's a frame of reference that better future can be compared to!

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Fellow ENTPs,

Being an Enneagram 9 works wonders for me in regards to not sacrificing the moment for the future. I have poor access to Se.

What you've written sounds very Enneagram 7, there's always something better in the future which can distract from the moment, mixed with being a Ne dom concepts and projects would be the distraction:

"Sevens' minds are restless and filled with ideas and plans for activities to look forward to. They anticipate the future, virtually licking their lips as they foresee the delicious possibilities that await them. But Sevens do not just think about the future: they get out there and actually make it happen. They live their dreams by throwing themselves into action and putting their plans in motion. With their energy and enthusiasm, they get things going!"

https://sites.google.com/site/upatel8/personalitytype7

Fellow ENTPs,

In addition to what @Kasper's written as a 9w8, I just want to add that what you're describing of this permanent longing sounds somewhat 4-ish ... do you have a 4 fix, or wing in there somewhere?

I'm a core 4, so I do have this feeling of longing for something .. but in my case it's more longing for something that's perpetually missing from my life .. or my being. It's related back to feelings of inadequacy and not being able to get what I want .. or being good enough to get it. Sometimes even reaching the destination never really feels as good as I imagined it.

Sometimes I need to repress my feelings and just go out there and force myself to be functional. Type 4 isn't the most optimistic type out there so my Ne supports that. The possibilities I see are still endless and have a tinge of optimism to them -- but it's more around hope and imagination than actual implementation.

I am able to live in the moment, so to speak .. but it's completely dependent on my mood. I have to be in the right feeling state to do anything. Sometimes [thanks partially to the 3 wing], I am able to repress my own feelings and fight my moods ... but more often than not, I find myself succumbing into a cycle of perpetual agony over would could be and how amazing it will be mixed with feelings of inadequacy and incapability of actually being able to accomplish it.

That said .. I have at times been able to enjoy something in the moment .. but in my case, it usually takes a lot of mental preparation and convincing that it could be good as opposed to naturally feeling that it will be good. I let my intuition [which is mostly negative] rule and ruin many immediate opportunities to be better - and then giving up those opportunities only adds to the perpetually wounded feelings.

Blah.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Fellow ENTPs,

It always baffled me what being in the moment meant until I put myself under a load of work that didn't allow me time to think.

But yes I usually find myself mired in the the past or future but rarely do I feel the present at a very conscious level. I believe though that ENTPs do their greatest work when they are madly captivated by the moment. This is when they have a series of interesting projects all going on at once and allows them to work their Ne and Ti.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Fellow ENTPs,

This usually happens to me when I am not resting enough. When I have done too much in a short period of time. The only real helpers with this are to take a break. Glass of wine, I'd advice a vin doux naturell like the Rivesaltes tuille or a Muscat, tho Bauyuls is nice too, a nice movie or a beach and a book and two weeks of nothing. if not possible try to use multiple weekends.

If you dont refocus in that moment and find back to your inner balance, you'll go on staying restless.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    If you dont refocus in that moment and find back to your inner balance, you'll go on staying restless.
    But what if I let those two weeks slip away without writing, and afterwards I find a full-time job and never write again??? *panic*
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Why don't I have a boyfriend/plaything?
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    Why don't I have a boyfriend/plaything?
    Couldn't tell ya.