User Tag List

First 4494134142143144145146154 Last

Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1568

Thread: Ask an ENTP!

  1. #1431
    Member Cartesian Theater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Thanks for trying at least.



    I related to everything you just said. However, I thought "winging things" with as little information as possible was using Te? I thought Te users were the ones who made quick decisions? I was under the understanding that Ti just analyzed the hell out of everything first?
    No, absolutely not! xD Te users hate winging it; they have to be completely accurate about everything. Te gathers information externally, which means that it needs external conformation of a fact (ie. research). Ti analyzes the hell out of things, yes, but in an internal way (meaning you think about things a lot, but don't necessarily fact check or wait for confirmation before trying something).

    So you say that most ENTP's hate to look stupid? Would any of you ever hold your tongue in an argument where you thought you were correct, but were not 100% sure that you were correct in order to not look like a dumbass just in case? I do this all the time. After all, I love to win arguments, but the feeling of looking like a dumbass at the end is unbearable.
    I would do that sometimes, yes. I often used to just say whatever I wanted in an argument, because usually I say it so convincingly that nobody question whether I'm right lol. But I've finally met someone who calls me out on my bullshit every single time, so I hold my tongue a lot more now in case somebody calls me out.

  2. #1432
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    nah i have learnt that its no trust issue. the problem is most people are too occupied with unimportant things like making lists or sucking up to the boss or their ego. think me and my female estj boss are the only ones in my company who take on responsibility for our own. sadly that way we Wong ever get up the ranks
    I find trust to be a big issue for me, because I rarely think that people are competent enough to do a job as well as I would do it.

    Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    Ahaha...I wish. I like to enter into debates/arguments/discussion regardless if I have enough data to support my position. But I've learned to have a consistently joking demeanor so even when I end up looking like a dumbass in the end I can just laugh it off like "I was just kidding with you the whole time!" It works surprisingly well, IRL. Online, not so much.

    But that's what makes online discussions so great. You can't hind behind your personality as much. You really gotta have your thoughts together and your shit contained. I think it's good for ENTPs since we can get caught up in trying to win arguments with our charm or pure randomness and completely neglect the importance of Ti's rigor and analysis.
    Yeah. I've tried this method before but it hasn't worked that well because often I come out looking like a dumbass, with my tail between my legs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cartesian Theater View Post
    No, absolutely not! xD Te users hate winging it; they have to be completely accurate about everything. Te gathers information externally, which means that it needs external conformation of a fact (ie. research). Ti analyzes the hell out of things, yes, but in an internal way (meaning you think about things a lot, but don't necessarily fact check or wait for confirmation before trying something).


    I would do that sometimes, yes. I often used to just say whatever I wanted in an argument, because usually I say it so convincingly that nobody question whether I'm right lol. But I've finally met someone who calls me out on my bullshit every single time, so I hold my tongue a lot more now in case somebody calls me out.
    I wouldn't think that TJ's would want to wing something, but what about the ENFP with strong Te? It seems like they would be very likely to wing something. And as for you comment about needing some type of external conformation, doesn't Ne need that as well? Isn't it a classic move for Ne doms to feel the need to bounce ideas off of each other?

    As for your other comment, so you just say things so convincingly that no one would question your ideas? I find this entertaining, I'm usually the asshole that goes behind people such as yourself, gets on the internet, looks at the facts, and says, "Look, this highly accredited institution's research says this or that" and would make people like you look like a fool. I'm not trying to insult you though, so please don't take offense to this. I'm just telling you what I usually do, lol

  3. #1433
    Member Cartesian Theater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I wouldn't think that TJ's would want to wing something, but what about the ENFP with strong Te? It seems like they would be very likely to wing something. And as for you comment about needing some type of external conformation, doesn't Ne need that as well? Isn't it a classic move for Ne doms to feel the need to bounce ideas off of each other?

    As for your other comment, so you just say things so convincingly that no one would question your ideas? I find this entertaining, I'm usually the asshole that goes behind people such as yourself, gets on the internet, looks at the facts, and says, "Look, this highly accredited institution's research says this or that" and would make people like you look like a fool. I'm not trying to insult you though, so please don't take offense to this. I'm just telling you what I usually do, lol
    We don't normally call people "Te users" if Te is their tertiary function. I mean, if you want to get specific, half of the types are "Te users" in that they use Te as one of their four functions. I was just referring to types with either primary or secondary Te.

    And yes, Ne does seek external confirmation by bouncing ideas. That is why it, like Te, is an extroverted function. External confirmation is the definition of what makes something an extroverted function, so once again, half of all functions do seek external confirmation when used as a primary function. What distinguishes Te from the others is that it seeks external confirmation of factual evidence, or "truth", rather than ideas, experiences, feelings, etc.

    I typically don't make things up unless it's important to the situation (ex. No sir, we do not have that kind of paper. Why? Because it's only sold in special locations.) I don't go around randomly making up things for the hell of it, because obviously people would eventually notice and point out my error. It's just something I'm good at. It is possible to be good at something due to your personality, and choose not to do it 24-7.

  4. #1434
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cartesian Theater View Post
    We don't normally call people "Te users" if Te is their tertiary function. I mean, if you want to get specific, half of the types are "Te users" in that they use Te as one of their four functions. I was just referring to types with either primary or secondary Te.

    And yes, Ne does seek external confirmation by bouncing ideas. That is why it, like Te, is an extroverted function. External confirmation is the definition of what makes something an extroverted function, so once again, half of all functions do seek external confirmation when used as a primary function. What distinguishes Te from the others is that it seeks external confirmation of factual evidence, or "truth", rather than ideas, experiences, feelings, etc.

    I typically don't make things up unless it's important to the situation (ex. No sir, we do not have that kind of paper. Why? Because it's only sold in special locations.) I don't go around randomly making up things for the hell of it, because obviously people would eventually notice and point out my error. It's just something I'm good at. It is possible to be good at something due to your personality, and choose not to do it 24-7.
    lol, yeah I'm good at coming up with bullshit out of nowhere as well.

  5. #1435
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default Ask an ENTP (NFJs are welcome to mediate/advise)

    Alright you crazy batshit people. I could not find an 'ask an entp' thread, so I figure Id gift you one and make you step up

    And I figure that under the watchful eye of some NFJs you peeps would at least behave...somewhat

    So tell me if I got this right:

    You guys actually like it when someone keeps you at a distance? Watches you with hawk eyes (but still engages you, though with a ten foot pole at the very least)

    ..and is this preferable at first, before you get to know the person?


    And for that matter, do you even enjoy that someone looks at you with a certain amount of...distrust at first?

    Lastly, is this how you yourself deal with new people you meet?

    What is with enjoying the animosity that goes on and is that what your bantering is based on and what you relish?


    A confused NFP would like to know already
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  6. #1436
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    every thread is an "ask an ENTP" thread, because ENTPs will tell you whether you wanted to know or not.
    we fukin won boys

  7. #1437
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    every thread is an "ask an ENTP" thread, because ENTPs will tell you whether you wanted to know or not.
    True tat. I figured Id give them an excuse for once
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  8. #1438

  9. #1439
    FRACTALICIOUS phobik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Alright you crazy batshit people. I could not find an 'ask an entp' thread, so I figure Id gift you one and make you step up
    And I figure that under the watchful eye of some NFJs you peeps would at least behave...somewhat
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-ask-entp.html

    So tell me if I got this right:

    You guys actually like it when someone keeps you at a distance? Watches you with hawk eyes (but still engages you, though with a ten foot pole at the very least)
    No.
    ..and is this preferable at first, before you get to know the person?
    No.
    And for that matter, do you even enjoy that someone looks at you with a certain amount of...distrust at first?
    No.
    Lastly, is this how you yourself deal with new people you meet?
    Can be depending on the vibe they give off.
    What is with enjoying the animosity that goes on and is that what your bantering is based on and what you relish?
    Irrelevant projection, no and no.
    A confused NFP would like to know already
    Oxymoron.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

    Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

  10. #1440
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Well that was productive.

    Oh well, I tried.

    Also, the search function isnt working properly then, coz I did look if there was another one and it said it had no results.

    *goes back to the drawing board*
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTP] Ask an ENTP
    By ZNP-TBA in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 09-17-2017, 12:55 PM
  2. [ENTP] How should an ENTP choose a career?
    By YoungGun2112 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 06-19-2012, 11:06 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-17-2009, 10:37 PM
  4. Ask an ENTP get a nasty answer
    By entropie in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 171
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 12:33 PM
  5. [ENTP] A few problems being an ENTP has caused
    By YoungGun2112 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 07:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO