User Tag List

First 4393133141142143144145153 Last

Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1568

Thread: Ask an ENTP!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Describe to the me the process in which most ENTP's solve problems.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Hmmm...I think of what makes the most sense and then fine-tune it to best fit the situation? This is a tough question to answer.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

1. Little elves that live in our brains dig up every weird little bit of information vaguely related to the question (where are my keys= the key to happiness, keyhole, car, Keisha, shiny, bird nest, tweeting, tree)
    2. A lightbulb appears over whatever random information seems to be the correct answer (I swear, I honestly don't know how this works)
    3. We wing it with as little information as possible, assuming that to be the correct answer
    4. If it's not, we go back and look for more information either via the internet or by repeating step 1.

For more complex problems like creating a new logo or resolving a social conflict, we're likely to be more thorough and even do some research, because we hate to look stupid in front of people. But yeah, that's basically it...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    Hmmm...I think of what makes the most sense and then fine-tune it to best fit the situation? This is a tough question to answer.
    Thanks for trying at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartesian Theater View Post
    1. Little elves that live in our brains dig up every weird little bit of information vaguely related to the question (where are my keys= the key to happiness, keyhole, car, Keisha, shiny, bird nest, tweeting, tree)
    2. A lightbulb appears over whatever random information seems to be the correct answer (I swear, I honestly don't know how this works)
    3. We wing it with as little information as possible, assuming that to be the correct answer
    4. If it's not, we go back and look for more information either via the internet or by repeating step 1.

For more complex problems like creating a new logo or resolving a social conflict, we're likely to be more thorough and even do some research, because we hate to look stupid in front of people. But yeah, that's basically it...
    I related to everything you just said. However, I thought "winging things" with as little information as possible was using Te? I thought Te users were the ones who made quick decisions? I was under the understanding that Ti just analyzed the hell out of everything first?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@Cartesian Theater

So you say that most ENTP's hate to look stupid? Would any of you ever hold your tongue in an argument where you thought you were correct, but were not 100% sure that you were correct in order to not look like a dumbass just in case? I do this all the time. After all, I love to win arguments, but the feeling of looking like a dumbass at the end is unbearable.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

That is what I love about ENTP's. They might seem utterly random at times with all that Ne that even baffles me, but they sure know when to shut it, if it goes too far.

Something I should learn from.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

my strategy is to always look stupid that way nobody thinks you are dangerous. (at least thats what ive been telling to myself)

problem solving is easy. just give the problem slightly modified to all your work colleagues. theyll be occupied all day. in the meantime you have the time to practically solve the real problem quick and painless. later on you apologize to your colleagues saying that you by accident described the problem wrongly
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    my strategy is to always look stupid that way nobody thinks you are dangerous. (at least thats what ive been telling to myself)

problem solving is easy. just give the problem slightly modified to all your work colleagues. theyll be occupied all day. in the meantime you have the time to practically solve the real problem quick and painless. later on you apologize to your colleagues saying that you by accident described the problem wrongly
    I can kind of agree with this. I rarely ever like to have a problem of mine, that effects me in my everyday life completely handled by others. I don't trust them to handle it, and for some reason I always think that I could do a better job.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

nah i have learnt that its no trust issue. the problem is most people are too occupied with unimportant things like making lists or sucking up to the boss or their ego. think me and my female estj boss are the only ones in my company who take on responsibility for our own. sadly that way we Wong ever get up the ranks
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

So you say that most ENTP's hate to look stupid? Would any of you ever hold your tongue in an argument where you thought you were correct, but were not 100% sure that you were correct in order to not look like a dumbass just in case? I do this all the time. After all, I love to win arguments, but the feeling of looking like a dumbass at the end is unbearable.
    Ahaha...I wish. I like to enter into debates/arguments/discussion regardless if I have enough data to support my position. But I've learned to have a consistently joking demeanor so even when I end up looking like a dumbass in the end I can just laugh it off like "I was just kidding with you the whole time!" It works surprisingly well, IRL. Online, not so much.

But that's what makes online discussions so great. You can't hind behind your personality as much. You really gotta have your thoughts together and your shit contained. I think it's good for ENTPs since we can get caught up in trying to win arguments with our charm or pure randomness and completely neglect the importance of Ti's rigor and analysis.