User Tag List

First 412131415162464114 Last

Thread: Ask an ENTP!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Not sure if this has been asked or not, but entps, how do you deal with boredom?
    5 3 9

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    Not sure if this has been asked or not, but entps, how do you deal with boredom?
    Do something.

Might sound like a smartass comment but that's how I deal with it. If I'm bored and on my own I'll often go out to a coffee shop or the likes and read a book with other people around. If I'm bored around other people then it's probably because I don't know them well and the conversation doesn't interest me so I'll change the topic if I can otherwise I'll find a way to leave. Don't tend to get bored in other situations.

I have this thing in the back of my mind, which I'm pretty sure is my mother's voice, which doesn't allow me to say "I'm bored" and insists I do something immediately to quell any bored feelings (she used to tell us that if we were bored she had plenty of housework to give us... and she sure as hell meant it! She wanted us to use our imagination and be active so saying you were bored was a really, really bad thing).

MBTI
    ENTP

You do have a Ne, don't you? There is always a new shiny theory to get interested in...

Okay... it is possible to get bored. It's even quite easy if you mistake yourself for an introvert.

Your Ne is not a Ni. I don't know if this is proper function usage, but I think it's something like this.
    Ne generates ideas when triggered by outside events. Free time = Ne kill. So we generate ideas and make plans only when we can not realise them. When we actually have time to realise ideas and plans, we don't have any.

I think I'm in a really good situation now. I work part-time as a teacher. The fact that I've got to get out and teach now and then gives lots of inspiration. I take a little booklet everywhere and jot down ideas, dialogues, descriptions... I draw characters and battle plans...
    The free time is Ti time: put it all together such that it fits.
    Works very well for me.

There have been situations where I couldn't be but bored... A lecture that doesn't interest me and where I have to pay attention somehow... where I couldn't just imagine the blackboard melting away and myself flying through the hole.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Imagine everyone in the room simultaneously attacked me and then choreograph in my mind the ensuing kung-fu/lightsaber/wildwest battle.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Secretly? Pfft! Hell noes!

I publically and with no shame love ISFPs
    Its a good thing I publicly love ENTPs
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ENTP

Actually, why this "ENTP - bored" link? I've seen this coming up in more threads...
    Are ENTPs easily bored? Why??

I always thought ENTPs couldn't get bored because, well, they generate ideas all the time and are enthousiastic about them, right?

I'm almost never bored... only when I have to do some mental job that's not yet challenging but still difficult enough so that I've got to keep my attention on it.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

I feel like my whole life is a struggle to avoid boredom.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I feel like my whole life is a struggle to avoid boredom.
    +1000

MBTI
    ENTP

Wait...
    We are talking about ENTPs, aren't we? The Inventors? The ones dominated by Ne, the mad idea generating function? Which is barely restrained by Ti to make us halfway logical?

How can you ever be bored?

It just doesn't fit. I guess I'm an exception then, but I don't see how anyone with a halfway decent Ne(*) can ever be bored... unless it's forced by the outside situation, of course.

(*) And I guess the ones without a halfway decent Ne can rely on their Se for the same purpose

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Wait...
    We are talking about ENTPs, aren't we? The Inventors? The ones dominated by Ne, the mad idea generating function? Which is barely restrained by Ti to make us halfway logical?

How can you ever be bored?

It just doesn't fit. I guess I'm an exception then, but I don't see how anyone with a halfway decent Ne(*) can ever be bored... unless it's forced by the outside situation, of course.

(*) And I guess the ones without a halfway decent Ne can rely on their Se for the same purpose
    Are you kidding me?

There have been countless threads on ENTP ennui. You should check them out sometime. Believe me, I'm already bored with this conversation and my Ne is more than half-decent, thank you very much.

Just because you generate ideas doesn't mean you don't get bored.

How many of these ideas do you see to fruition? Don't you ever get bored by something before you've even started working on it, simply because you've thought about it to death already? How many projects have you left unfinished because you were simply too bored to continue?