User Tag List

First 3787127135136137138139147 Last

Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1568

Thread: Ask an ENTP!

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Question for ENTPs:

I have a lot of ENTP friends who are all Ne charming and fluffah with everyone, and as a fellow Ne-user, it can come off as flirting. Is there a way to discern when an ENTP is just being their usual Ne self or when they are purposefully flirting?

<3 - An NeFP
    @Avatar7 and @Istbkleta did a mighty fine job of answering your question.

In addition to their sentiments, I make excuses to touch the poor soul I have a special affinity for; which means, fluffah is accompanied by a subtle touch, if it's the real deal.

A select few get squishy pet names. The names are indicative of the type of admiration I feel.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Istbkleta View Post
    Don't be fazed by the straight faced nonsense talk. It's not lying.
    Yeah I'd imagine an ENTP wouldn't always be all that directly straight-faced after, if he sees if you're serious about him too.

Good luck!
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    @Saturned
    Hrmm...this isn't an easy one to answer...

There's just a whole lot of ambiguity to this that's possible. I feel ya on that question.

Can't speak for all ENTPs...just..I would say it's a clear indicator for sure if he's consistently serious about discussing the deeper, fundamental things of life with you. With a focus on the future. If his demeanor is serious (this typically takes significant effort as ENTPs aren't serious by default) he's probably interested in you.

Typically because of what you said about Ne..and it does seem casual, this is how we usually are. But because ENTPs are deeply loyal, he will want to also see if you could get serious in return. He might explore things like plans for the future to see if there's likeness. Again, it might seem like this is run-of-the-mill and what most would do but again, for an ENTP to do this takes consistent, directed focus and seriousness. I would think he'd be interested to find shared values. Or finding common things of the heart like feelings and attitudes on issues.

A thing that could be ENTP for sure..He might attempt to intuit whether or not someone would willingly or knowingly try to get under his skin as this could deeply hurt him (we're really quite vulnerable to those we give our loyalty to and love). Most probably don't understand us. We're complex.
    Yes.

They don't know. So it can go anyway as long as you are interesting enough to talk to (utilitarian NTs).

As long as you don't push Ti to make a snap 1 - 0 decision. You can get away with a looot with ENTPs.

Eventually, when they decide (but P is ever changing), they'll be direct and honest (Ti dislikes lying) - see this -

4:30 min mark

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    @Avatar7 and @Istbkleta did a mighty fine job of answering your question.

In addition to their sentiments, I make excuses to touch the poor soul I have a special affinity for; which means, fluffah is accompanied by a subtle touch, if it's the real deal.

A select few get squishy pet names. The names are indicative of the type of admiration I feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    Yeah I'd imagine an ENTP wouldn't always be all that directly straight-faced after, if he sees if you're serious about him too.

Good luck!
    Thank you everyone!! It actually doesn't pertain to me. I have a friend who is always wondering if this ENTP is flirting with her or not, and I can understand the consternation as ENTPs are so fluffah and fun it is easy to mistake Ne for something more.

You guys are AWESOME ON PAR WITH INTJS!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Thank you everyone!! It actually doesn't pertain to me. I have a friend who is always wondering if this ENTP is flirting with her or not, and I can understand the consternation as ENTPs are so fluffah and fun it is easy to mistake Ne for something more.

You guys are AWESOME ON PAR WITH INTJS!
    It's usually that entps flirt with every girl or boy they meet and never take it serious. But the first girl or boy to make the entp feel that this is srs bsns will be the one for eternity. Sadly the girl/boy needs to be intelligent to manage that, so you can already rule out 99% of mankind.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Eventually, when they decide (but P is ever changing), they'll be direct and honest...

Yes...Direct and honest.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Question: Do you use Enthusiasm Currency*? If so, how do you spend it?

*Enthusiasm Currency is a term my ENTP coined (no pun intended) to describe how he picks and chooses when to try to get a person on board with his latest interest. He doesn't want to squander all his Enthusiasm Currency on one interest with any given person -- what if something newer or better comes up and they're too exhausted with his enthusiasm to humor him?
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC View Post

*Enthusiasm Currency is a term my ENTP coined (no pun intended) to describe how he picks and chooses when to try to get a person on board with his latest interest. He doesn't want to squander all his Enthusiasm Currency on one interest with any given person -- what if something newer or better comes up and they're too exhausted with his enthusiasm to humor him?
    No. I feel that's scheming.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

He defines what is "good" by its newness ?

A window to the soul

He defines what is "good" by its newness ?
    No.

MBTI
    ENTP

More or less, yes, such a concept has helped me. I thought of it as time, but it's actually some energy I spend. And I use it to deter my lazy self from surfing the 'net instead of writing in my free time. If I get free time, I usually take it easy, and afterwards I'm frustrated that I didn't do anything with it. Free time and too exhausted to do anything? Take a nap, it will earn you some enthousiasm back.
    Usually, I'm happy to get up and longing for the work day to end because I want to do (write, draw, gardening, bake,....) such a lot of things. Only I've got work to do, and work does cost enthousiasm, sad but true. So the rules are:
    - You've got time, but no enthousiasm? Work (to earn time) or nap (to earn enthousiasm)
    - You've got no time, but you've got enthousiasm? Try to steal some time... (don't let this be known to Js)
    - You've got both? Great, project time! Try to finish a project!
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women