First 3383123131132133134135143 Last

Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1568

Thread: Ask an ENTP!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    If an ENTP during dating expressed that he too wasn't interested in cohabiting or getting married, why would he suddenly change his mind in a relationship and decide it's the most goddamn important issue and that he wants/needs to cohabitate?
    Because his heart and mind align and he's ready to build the foundation of life with his woman and recreate what he was designed to.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    Because his heart and mind align and he's ready to build the foundation of life with his woman and recreate what he was designed to.
    In the first month?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Wow

Maybe that's his enthusiasm getting ahead of him. I'm not sure.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

I don't usually talk about this kinda stuff but I have a hunch...Is he being very sexual? That might be his drive getting ahead of him.

We had a lot of chemistry where within the latter part of the first month together it suddenly became a big issue and remained one. But he knew I wasn't interested in ever cohabiting or getting married again the night we met through friends, where I expressed it again after that, where he too agreed that's what he wanted in life. I can't understand how someone could 180 like that so quickly. Might be understandable after years of being together with no progress but why so soon? His only explanation was that he loved and wanted to be with me. This makes no sense from an NT perspective.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

We had a lot of chemistry where within the latter part of the first month together it suddenly became a big issue and remained one. But he knew I wasn't interested in ever cohabiting or getting married again the night we met through friends, where I expressed it again after that, where he too agreed that's what he wanted in life. I can't understand how someone could 180 like that so quickly. Might be understandable after years of being together with no progress but why so soon? His only explanation was that he loved and wanted to be with me. This makes no sense from an NT perspective.
    Ohh wow yeah that's rough. Well I don't really know. I mean it could be that at heart he's left his ENTPdom and has fallen deep and is only seeing with his heart. I don't know him of course.

We can be really very loyal. I would go so far to say that ENTPs might define loyalty, moreso than any other type. Committment can run DEEP. It's scary even, because it's a knowing inside of a depth of loyalty and the thought that if the other person breaks it off, it's going to cut and be extremely hurtful.

Most don't know that and might not think it about ENTPs, I believe because we seem so bold and impenetrable. But inside could be, from your man, a kind of change of heart like this. I do not know. I'm just saying this is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    Ohh wow yeah that's rough. Well I don't really know. I mean it could be that at heart he's left his ENTPdom and has fallen deep and is only seeing with his heart. I don't know him of course.

We can be really very loyal. I would go so far to say that ENTPs might define loyalty, moreso than any other type. Committment can run DEEP. It's scary even, because it's a knowing inside of a depth of loyalty and the thought that if the other person breaks it off, it's going to cut and be extremely hurtful.

Most don't know that and might not think it about ENTPs, I believe because we seem so bold and impenetrable. But inside could be, from your man, a kind of change of heart like this. I do not know. I'm just saying this is possible.
    Thanks. You've given me some things to consider.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

If an ENTP during dating expressed that he too wasn't interested in cohabiting or getting married, why would he suddenly change his mind in a relationship and decide it's the most goddamn important issue and that he wants/needs to cohabitate?
    Something's wrong, PANIC!

Nah, because something has cemented something previously wide open would be my take. It now makes sense to him.

ETA: Wrote that before seeing the one month time frame, it's still my answer, but with a change that quickly he's not rationalising things, what he feels right now is the truth, but as things shift so to can his view. Maybe this is "it" for him, I expect he feels that way, but I wonder if even he questions if he can remain this solidified in his view.

We can be deeply passionate in the moment when it feels right, everything can seem to slot into perfect alignment and we want to delve into an experience with everything we have, but holding that feeling is the tough part. If he still says the same when his head leads the way then it has true depth.

Thanks for your response, Kasper.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Maybe this is "it" for him, I expect he feels that way, but I wonder if even he questions if he can remain this solidified in his view.
    I questioned it. Way too much, way too soon. So not logical.

We can be deeply passionate in the moment when it feels right, everything can seem to slot into perfect alignment and we want to delve into an experience with everything we have, but holding that feeling is the tough part. If he still says the same when his head leads the way then it has true depth.
    This is the part that's difficult. The balance between his feelings and my needs for autonomy. I've lost the need for security in relationships beyond exclusivity for practical reasons and sexual values. The 'forever after' part is something that I no longer believe in, not so much cynicism but pragmatically, as well as peering into what personally drives me as a serial monogamist.