Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1568

Thread: Ask an ENTP!

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Fear is a negative word for master intuition and the ability to imagine what all can go wrong.

I am no representation for all entps and cant speak for them all and I am a german, here the woman are naturally more manly; I just can say so much, I couldnt imagine a relationship with an INFJ as well. Except for @Peguy
    True, Germans and German women are pretty forthright, I see what you mean. I'm fond of Germans and Germany generally...well, sometimes they can be soooo blunt and it scares me a bit. But I like the Northern European thing. That's kind of my background and I tend to feel at home in those settings and with Northern Europeans.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I couldnt imagine a relationship with an INFJ as well.
    I thought you were in a relationship with an INFJ currently?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I thought extroverts had an easier time with how they come across? I've always had a hard time telling how I come across.
    I always think I know how I come across, but sometimes, all of a sudden, it will be like "no, sorry, you are totally wrong" and I'll be left feeling like WTF? People are weird and complicated.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I thought you were in a relationship with an INFJ currently?
    I was when I met her but I figured that was because I needed to grow up. Typing her J because she was more adult than I was, was easy but wrong. We have a clear Fi/Fe conflict often and she hates my teacherous nature. She is indecisive very and is a strong victim to her current mood, which in an instant dictates an opinion change to her, which she momentarily will follow and later regret.

i have a lot in common with her and a similiar lot sets us apart. We are both so immensily different in our interpretations of reality that way I have never felt with a Fe user. It is only our perception that we share and that makes us strong.

I have no idea what kept this relationship intact for almost 7 years, but I think in the end its like Dr.Cox from Scrubs said it: "keeping a relationship means to fight for it in the right moment".
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jaqcues Le Paul View Post
    HEY ENTPs
    how do you guys feel about INTPs?
    Less attention-craving/excitable versions of myself

From what I've been on forums they are cool cats but I'm not sure if I've met any. Sometimes I feel they need to see what cool cats they really are....

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    what were you guys like as kids?
    Very quiet but very bouncy, varied between ridiculously bouncy and little couch potato. Tomboy-ish explorer, but also loved to draw and read science books. Didn't quite fit in anywhere..kind of weirdly knowing for my age. Could escape from pretty much anything...

do/did you have poor impulse control?
    At times

do you have a quick firey temper?
    Very rarely but yes.

what do other people/ or your parents do to make you crazy?
    Time-outs. I got so insanely bored just to stay looking in one place for more than 5 seconds. Interruptions. Whistles being blown at me. Almost never leaving the house other than school.

what did you wanna be when you grew up?
    I had no clue what I wanted to be but I just knew that I had to change the world in a huge way, and that I would, once I was old enough that other adults would take my ideas seriously enough to have some influence. I wanted to be famous and awesome, but didn't really develop that much more and pushed it to the side because I thought there was no use in worrying about it while I was still some anonymous uninfluential kid in the sea of surburbia.

did you do better with structure? clear guidelines? do you need to know the why behind the rules for them to be of any value?
    A general yes to the above.

Quote Originally Posted by DonCoryon View Post
    ENTPs are stereotyped to have short attention spans manifested by hopping from one idea to the next and never seeing things through to the end.

What is the typical time frame that an interests takes to dissolve? Are we talking hours, days, weeks, months, years?
    There's no typical time My interest in this personality typology stuff is at 4 years and counting. I have a sort of rough classification system though. There are the:

15 second interests

5 minute interests

20 minute interests

3 hour interests

Recurring 20 minute interests

Recurring 3 hour interests

1 year interests (more constant than the recurrings)

3-5 year interests (more constant than the recurrings)

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    So - do they (in general) see the need to work on understanding how they are perceived by others and how they may come across? (We all need to work on that, by the way, I feel.)
    Yeah I think that may be the real problem here. I wouldn't be purposely condescending but then again I often have no clue how I look to other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaqcues Le Paul View Post
    Is the cake a lie?
    No, the cake being a lie is in itself a lie to delude the masses into not looking for the cake and taking it all for themselves.

MBTI
    ENTP

More questions?
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

Anew Leaf

Question:

If you suspect that your ENTP ex is just emailing and texting you in the hopes of buttering you up for sex sans relationship, how best to go about discovering this? (Direct questions result in wide Ne circles of strange Ne-logic.)

Or just assume that this is what is going on and stop wondering?

On an "unrelated" note, What is the best way to get rid of an ENTP?

(I'm thinking I should bring up the idea of us moving in together and having kids. Or is that too obvious?)

Tell a story in a very enthusiastic tone about a "relative" who seduced a friend into having sex while surreptitiously disabling contraception because she wanted a baby so badly. Talk about how child support would be so important and expected.

Wait for emails and texts to stop.

Hi ENTP homies

What do you like most about yourselves?

What would you like to improve on?
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Question:
    If you suspect that your ENTP ex is just emailing and texting you in the hopes of buttering you up for sex sans relationship, how best to go about discovering this? (Direct questions result in wide Ne circles of strange Ne-logic.)
    Or just assume that this is what is going on and stop wondering?
    On an "unrelated" note, What is the best way to get rid of an ENTP?
    (I'm thinking I should bring up the idea of us moving in together and having kids. Or is that too obvious?)
    Regardless of what he wants, what do you want? If you don't want a relationship, if you don't want sex, either tell him up-front (ENTPs like things to be clear) or ignore him (ENTPs hate it when their actions don't trigger reaction).

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    Hi ENTP homies
    What do you like most about yourselves?
    My creativity! Close second: my ability to learn almost anything quite fast.
    What would you like to improve on?
    The quality of my novels. Close second: the percentage of finished projects.

A question for my fellow ENTPs! How do you manage to pilfer some time and energy to devote to your crazy projects? When I get up, I'm bursting with energy and ideas; but I have to work first. When I'm home from work, I'm exhausted and I'm just laying down in front of the television, wanting to go to bed in order to get my energy back. After I sleep, I have to go to work again. The weekend is filled with household chores, preparing lessons and resting. Sometimes I get up very early. Sometimes I jot down some text during the noon break. But it seems to me that my days are filled with longing. I long for the evening, promising myself that when I worked hard, I would be allowed to write. In the evening I long for the morning, promising myself that after a good night of sleep I would be fit again.
    Any hints for stealing some time? Hasn't anybody invented a time-turner yet?
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women