User Tag List

First 2373113121122123124125133 Last

Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1568

Thread: Ask an ENTP!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Do ENTPs think that being pushy, condescending and somewhat belittling is a good way to be flirtatious or simply friendly?

I'm kind of starting to get that impression, and it really does not work well with me
    No they dont think that, but they aint masters at expressing what they really feel as well
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram

Is the cake a lie?
    Always forward, never back!

"I always love talking to people and hearing their story. People always have a good life story to tell ya know?"

My blog in regular blogs

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jaqcues Le Paul View Post
    Is the cake a lie?
    Yes it is. But as long as your imagination exists, it will never.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRcXVZFlSWY"].[/YOUTUBE]

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    No they dont think that, but they aint masters at expressing what they really feel as well
    So - do they (in general) see the need to work on understanding how they are perceived by others and how they may come across? (We all need to work on that, by the way, I feel.)
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

So - do they (in general) see the need to work on understanding how they are perceived by others and how they may come across? (We all need to work on that, by the way, I feel.)
    they wont ever know how they come across, even if they had the best help possible. Maybe with old age that does change, I cant tell; but it is the bane of an extroverted nature. Besides that I doubt anyone on this world knows for sure how they come across, its just impossible to tell.

How they are perceived by others is their main focus in all their lifes. If you want to destroy an entp, be his best friend for two years and then out of no logical reason turn your back on him and tell him he sucks. Max damage you can cause.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

they wont ever know how they come across, even if they had the best help possible. Maybe with old age that does change, I cant tell; but it is the bane of an extroverted nature. Besides that I doubt anyone on this world knows for sure how they come across, its just impossible to tell.

How they are perceived by others is their main focus in all their lifes. If you want to destroy an entp, be his best friend for two years and then out of no logical reason turn your back on him and tell him he sucks. Max damage you can cause.
    I think it's hard to tell how you're coming across, yes, but not impossible. If you get consistent feedback from others - either positive or negative - I think that can give you at least an indication.

I think you seem self-aware, by the way. It's not completely cut off to extroverts.

I asked the initial question just because I seem to have had this sort of experience several times. On this site, a couple of ENTPs have - well, in one case definitely tried to flirt, in another case maybe? But when I took offense to something the latter one said because he was really pushy and I felt was trying to inflict some (to me, pointless) point on to me, he did this sort of eye-rolling "ohhhh...conversations with INFJs so often go like this" which was really condescending and just annoyed me more. The one who was definitely trying to flirt came on fairly strong and I was reserved and I guess slightly dismissive; then he was like "oh you INFJs, you claim you want guys who tell it like it is and then you make all kinds of silly assumptions when someone is direct with you."

I've also IRL had the sort of experience with ENTPs where you get into arguments and then they just dismiss what you say out of hand, it seems totally arrogant, and this with someone who I thought had at least some intellectual respect for me.

I have to admit, I don't really get the fabled ENTP-INFJ thing. I can see how there could be chemistry, but beyond that... I dunno, maybe just my bad experiences but I wonder.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

I thought extroverts had an easier time with how they come across? I've always had a hard time telling how I come across.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I think it's hard to tell how you're coming across, yes, but not impossible. If you get consistent feedback from others - either positive or negative - I think that can give you at least an indication.

I think you seem self-aware, by the way. It's not completely cut off to extroverts.

I asked the initial question just because I seem to have had this sort of experience several times. On this site, a couple of ENTPs have - well, in one case definitely tried to flirt, in another case maybe? But when I took offense to something the latter one said because he was really pushy and I felt was trying to inflict some (to me, pointless) point on to me, he did this sort of eye-rolling "ohhhh...conversations with INFJs so often go like this" which was really condescending and just annoyed me more. The one who was definitely trying to flirt came on fairly strong and I was reserved and I guess slightly dismissive; then he was like "oh you INFJs, you claim you want guys who tell it like it is and then you make all kinds of silly assumptions when someone is direct with you."

I've also IRL had the sort of experience with ENTPs where you get into arguments and then they just dismiss what you say out of hand, it seems totally arrogant, and this with someone who I thought had at least some intellectual respect for me.

I have to admit, I don't really get the fabled ENTP-INFJ thing. I can see how there could be chemistry, but beyond that... I dunno, maybe just my bad experiences but I wonder.
    ENTPs are woman, they want to be conquered. As long as the INFJ doesnt do that the deal will turn bizarre.

This song gives you every answer you seek about entps:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sss3fakvLyc"].[/YOUTUBE]

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I thought extroverts had an easier time with how they come across? I've always had a hard time telling how I come across.
    Its quite the opposite in fact. Extroverts are no.1 to question themselves, its a bane often overlooked by the less caring mind

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

ENTPs are woman, they want to be conquered. As long as the INFJ doesnt do that the deal will turn bizarre.

This song gives you every answer you seek about entps:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sss3fakvLyc"].[/YOUTUBE]
    Haha, thanks. Cool song. Scary lyrics I feel kinda sorry for ENTPs now.

I really don't know if it would work with an ENTP and me then. I'd want a guy who recognizes and enjoy my independence, but at the same time he DEFINITELY has to be the one who conquers me.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Haha, thanks. Cool song. Scary lyrics I feel kinda sorry for ENTPs now.

I really don't know if it would work with an ENTP and me then. I'd want a guy who recognizes and enjoy my independence, but at the same time he DEFINITELY has to be the one who conquers me.
    Fear is a negative word for master intuition and the ability to imagine what all can go wrong.

I am no representation for all entps and cant speak for them all and I am a german, here the woman are naturally more manly; I just can say so much, I couldnt imagine a relationship with an INFJ as well. Except for @Peguy