User Tag List

First 2171111119120121122123131 Last

Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1568

Thread: Ask an ENTP!

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    Aw, sorry to hear that, Sparrow.

Can you think of what the temptation trigger was that sucked him back into it the last few times? Is there a way for him to remove himself from that temptation?

(Think of it like getting all the chips, cookies, and ice cream out of the house when you decide you want to lose weight and keep it off. If someone else in the house is a junk food junkie and keeps tons of that stuff around and eats it in front of him, that is going to make it very difficult.)

If it's his friends and they always party like that, that is going to make it really difficult to break free for good. He needs to think long and hard about how to avoid those tempting scenarios in the future.
    His trigger for drugs is definitley alcohol. He makes poor decisions when he drinks and is obnoxious as hell lol. He isnt an alcoholic though! I have read somewhere that ENTP's get bored easily, that might be part of it too. He also uses it as an excuse to celebrate...but then again he would want to drugs when he is upset too. But alcohol is always in the mix to start it off...

Next time, if there is a next time I will take @Nerd Girl's advice and calmly and nicely say something along the lines of PEACE OUT!! If I don't then I will only be enabling him. I have tried to hold him back before (by hiding his keys) and it's gotten scary...its like he turns in to a super crazy immature demon child!

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Tell him you love him. Make sure he knows that you really really love him. As ENTPs it's hard not to love people who loves you though ENTPs don't show this much. And if a person an ENTP loves tells that their actions are hurting you, ENTPs would change their ways. Might not readily admit they were wrong, but do realize.

This would surely work on me and I would surely try to change.

Good luck .

You should also suggest rehab.
    Hey doll! Yep your totally right he wouldn't want to hurt me . I think that's why we had that talk the other day, he can see that it is hurting our relationship. Rehab would be ideal but would never happen....unless he was forced to by law! lol

Thanks again ENTP home skillits . Can I have some awesomesauce too please? Thanks
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    Can I have some awesomesauce too please?
    ENFJs are awesome by default. He's lucky to have a friend like you. Wish I had one too.

Good luck! You are not the first ENFJ saving a misguided ENTP

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp
    Socionics
    LIE

Do ENTPs tend to have more of a feeling preference than an INTP like me? I have a good friend and despite him taking the MBTI and having a fairly strong thinking preference (77% T) he tends to get angry easily with me with my blunt comments and/or constructive criticism. So whats the deal?

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Things just got real
    Kool!

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuko Souma View Post
    Do ENTPs tend to have more of a feeling preference than an INTP like me? I have a good friend and despite him taking the MBTI and having a fairly strong thinking preference (77% T) he tends to get angry easily with me with my blunt comments and/or constructive criticism. So whats the deal?
    What's your ENTP friend doing when you serve him up 'blunt' comments, INTP-style? Then, does ENTP grab you by the collar and throw you up against the wall? (I'm just curious what your idea of angry looks like because maybe you're reading him wrong.)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Kool!

What's your ENTP friend doing when you serve him up 'blunt' comments, INTP-style? Then, does ENTP grab you by the collar and throw you up against the wall? (I'm just curious what your idea of angry looks like because maybe you're reading him wrong.)
    He gets mad and shows it verbally and emotionally. He would yell and swear about how I am an asshole and also how he doesn't feel we are good friends anymore despite me thinking that he is my best friend and tell him that. I don't consider my "blunt comments" to be bad. I think they can help in a sense if he would try to listen to me. An example is that one day at school he got into an argument with a girl because she was ignoring him. He wanted to get her attention and ask her something but she kept ignoring him so he decided to spray her with hairspray and that led to an argument between the two and both were thrown out of class. My advice to him was that he should just let it go and not let her ignoring him bug him and that he was the one at fault for starting it by resorting to spray her with hairspray to simply get her attention (seriously who does that?). After that advice is given which I did say it in a blunt way by just saying after hearing his side of the story, he gets all mad at me. Though I may have been a bit "harsh?" After his narrative I told him that advice and then he responded with something along the line as "but she started it by ignoring me, which I hate" and then I say "I don't care, you shouldn't do that to people. If someone doesn't want to talk then they don't have to." (probably what he considered the "blunt" part). After I said that he just gets mad at me by swearing and yelling. Now, he is a bit younger than I so I put this into account but I still find his anger somewhat immature even for his age so I wanted to know if it had anything to do with being an ENTP?

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuko Souma View Post
    He gets mad and shows it verbally and emotionally. He would yell and swear about how I am an asshole and also how he doesn't feel we are good friends anymore despite me thinking that he is my best friend and tell him that. I don't consider my "blunt comments" to be bad. I think they can help in a sense if he would try to listen to me. An example is that one day at school he got into an argument with a girl because she was ignoring him. He wanted to get her attention and ask her something but she kept ignoring him so he decided to spray her with hairspray and that led to an argument between the two and both were thrown out of class. My advice to him was that he should just let it go and not let her ignoring him bug him and that he was the one at fault for starting it by resorting to spray her with hairspray to simply get her attention (seriously who does that?). After that advice is given which I did say it in a blunt way by just saying after hearing his side of the story, he gets all mad at me. Though I may have been a bit "harsh?" After his narrative I told him that advice and then he responded with something along the line as "but she started it by ignoring me, which I hate" and then I say "I don't care, you shouldn't do that to people. If someone doesn't want to talk then they don't have to." (probably what he considered the "blunt" part). After I said that he just gets mad at me by swearing and yelling. Now, he is a bit younger than I so I put this into account but I still find his anger somewhat immature even for his age so I wanted to know if it had anything to do with being an ENTP?
    I'm in a hurry, so I'm piecing together some descriptions that I found. I hope this helps! One description said, "if the feeling part of the ENTP is neglected, they may not value other people's input, or may become overly harsh and aggressive." Based on my own experience, the tertiary Fe becomes more prominent with age. Also, what you're describing could be a stress response or ISFJ shadow. I pieced together some descriptions I found about what that looks like:

If an ENTP feels frustrated/stressed they may:

• become brash, rude and abrasive
    • criticize others, especially those who seem to them to be inefficient or incompetent
    • rebellious and combative
    • scattered – unable to focus
    • pedantic about unimportant details
    • doing things to excess - e.g.: eating, drinking or exercising
    • expressing emotions in an intensive and uncontrolled way
    • being very sensitive to criticism

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    I'm in a hurry, so I'm piecing together some descriptions that I found. I hope this helps! One description said, "if the feeling part of the ENTP is neglected, they may not value other people's input, or may become overly harsh and aggressive." Based on my own experience, the tertiary Fe becomes more prominent with age. Also, what you're describing could be a stress response or ISFJ shadow. I pieced together some descriptions I found about what that looks like:

If an ENTP feels frustrated/stressed they may:

• become brash, rude and abrasive
    • criticize others, especially those who seem to them to be inefficient or incompetent
    • rebellious and combative
    • scattered – unable to focus
    • pedantic about unimportant details
    • doing things to excess - e.g.: eating, drinking or exercising
    • expressing emotions in an intensive and uncontrolled way
    • being very sensitive to criticism
    Yeah... that sounds like him in a nutshell. So it does have to do with him being an ENTP however, a real "stressed" one. So do I just deal with it until he is less stressed or is there an effective way to get rid of his "stress" without being so emotional all the time since I am not good with being very emotional with others, even friends. :/

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram

HEY ENTPs
    how do you guys feel about INTPs?
    Always forward, never back!

"I always love talking to people and hearing their story. People always have a good life story to tell ya know?"

My blog in regular blogs

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by Jaqcues Le Paul View Post
    HEY ENTPs
    how do you guys feel about INTPs?

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post

Always forward, never back!

"I always love talking to people and hearing their story. People always have a good life story to tell ya know?"

My blog in regular blogs