MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    How does one shock an ENTP?
    Put your feet on the dash of my car.

Is there anyway to help an ENTP out of drug/alcohol abuse?
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Depends on the stadium. If he is not aware of his condition yet, you could try provoking his ego and mirror him what a drunkard he has become. If that doesnt work and he is further, it'd consider professional help
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    Well, the goal should be to trigger his natural desire for self-improvement without making him feel controlled or coddle.

Straight-up tell him in a calm tone, for example, "It hurts me to see you like <this>, I can’t be around you right now. I want to be around people that aren’t under the influence of <x, y, z> substances; I enjoy people in their ‘natural’ state of mind, so I'm going out of town with my girlfriends for the weekend."

That speaks of your unhappiness, the impending doom of the relationship, and failure. It should get him thinking about his behavior in terms of the big picture without feeling controlled, attacked, or completely rejected. The last thing an ENTP wants is to fail!

If he’s in too deep, then like entropie said, he’ll probably need professional help; in which case, you might have to throw him in a straight jacket and carry him kicking & screaming into rehab.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    I am sorry for your friend/relative.

This is entirely my subjective take on what this means for an ENTP and I might be terribly wrong. Take with a grain of salt.
    Is there really One answer?

Unfortunately how other people perceive us and what is right and wrong might not be enough of a motivator to yank an ENTP out of a bad place. Even though we have Fe it is in no way as important to us as to you.

Falling apart and reinventing oneself is a normal process of mental and spiritual growth. It protects us from stagnation and helps our inner world to find peace with our changed situation. As we lack conscious Fi we might not take our inner peace into consideration when making decisions.

I believe that even though this is a normal process an ENTP more than other types need a vision for the future to follow - something to explore with a lot of promises and challenges, but little stagnation and "same old". A promise for an open future to explore.

The internal morals (F) is not that much taken care of and at some point needs to come apart and rearange to fit the new place/person one has come to (be).

Right?

Trying to save an ENTP is trying to preserve their old dysfunctional self that might be a teenager in a grown-ups body.

Have faith in the natural flow of things. From a derelict of a human either a new more beautiful person will emerge, or they'll die (perhaps only on the inside).

It's definitely a great thing to have a Fe dom in such moments. As support. Not a handler

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Istbkleta View Post
    Is there really One answer?
    Nobody said there was one answer.

Unfortunately how other people perceive us and what is right and wrong might not be enough of a motivator to yank an ENTP out of a bad place. Even though we have Fe it is in no way as important to us as to you.
    What is your novel solution? Many solutions could fit into the 'right' solution category, if they work.

Falling apart and reinventing oneself is a normal process of mental and spiritual growth. It protects us from stagnation and helps our inner world to find peace with our changed situation. As we lack conscious Fi we might not take our inner peace into consideration when making decisions.
    Correct, but the ENTP under discussion has a substance abuse problem, which is not a normal process of falling apart and reinventing oneself for the purposes of mental and spiritual growth.

I believe that even though this is a normal process an ENTP more than other types need a vision for the future to follow - something to explore with a lot of promises and challenges, but little stagnation and "same old". A promise for an open future to explore.

The internal morals (F) is not that much taken care of and at some point needs to come apart and rearange to fit the new place/person one has come to (be).

Right?
    lolz, wrong! The ENTP will not want to submit his will to drugs, if it means catastrophic fail in his relationships, job, etc. That's Ne-Ti big picture thinking. If he should become extremely stressed and go there, then...

What's the quickest way to rearange an addict's world?
    Novel answer: take away the things he loves.

Have faith in the natural flow of things. From a derelict of a human either a new more beautiful person will emerge, or they'll die (perhaps only on the inside).
    Have faith in the natural flow?? That's your novel solution? Come on!! I am disappointed in you ENTP. That is not a novel solution to this problem. The ENTP under discussion is no longer functioning under the influence of Ne-Ti.

It's definitely a great thing to have a Fe dom in such moments. As support. Not a handler
    Rule 1: Do not coddle someone with an addiction lest you become the co-dependant.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    I am disappointed in you ENTP.
    My life has no meaning now.

I used to dream of the moment I could make you proud, now I have to live with the shame of disappointing you. I refuse. I'll kill myself. Forgive me

Or turn to booze and drugs.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

what were you guys like as kids? do/did you have poor impulse control? do you have a quick firey temper? what do other people/ or your parents do to make you crazy? what did you wanna be when you grew up? did you do better with structure? clear guidelines? do you need to know the why behind the rules for them to be of any value?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison