Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by pmj85 View Post
    You shout at their fat, stupid faces.

So hard.
    I've tried that a few times and it never works for some reason!?!

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Catbert View Post
    How do you go about inspiring others to mend patches of their ignorance? Many are not so willing.
    Seems we're both online :-)

A bit of this is covered in Didactics:
    1) Look where the borders are. Where do their knowledge stop and ignorance begin?
    2) Start at the borders.
    3) Show something amazing which doesn't fit with their world view (for science: eg. a hammer and a feather falling at the same speed. Pity most schools don't have a plexiglass tube that can be pumped to vacuum). Or an interesting problem which they can't solve right now.
    4) Try to connect with everyday experiences (eg. soap cleans because it clings to both water and fat)
    5) Let the students work.

But most of it can't be covered in a course. It's the enthousiasm. Show that you are interested in knowing these things. Show that knowing is cool. I'm enthousiastic about science outside of the class, too. I would be doing dishes and blurt out "look at this fatty film covering the water. Wonder what will happen if I drop a droplet of soap on it?"
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

Quote Originally Posted by Catbert View Post
    I've tried that a few times and it never works for some reason!?!
    You aren't shouting hard enough

MBTI
    ENTP

Two things I was thinking just now.

1) It's easier to cure ignorance than to cure false knowledge. Eg. if someone adds up fractions by adding up the denominators and the numerators, he won't listen to you telling him how to do properly. If you're in a teacher-student relation, he'll nod and do it "right" a few times, while (sometimes consciously) thinking "that's how Catbert wants me to do it", and afterwards do it wrong again. You'll have to repeat over and over, correcting every time it's wrong, maybe even a few times showing with pies. My hubby had once a university physics student still adding fractions the wrong way!

2) My policy: never let go a question unnoticed. A question means "I want to know more", letting it go unnoticed means "knowing is not important", which is a message you don't want to convey. If the question is a basic one the student should know already, tell him so. "You should know this already. You'd better look it up now." If the question is an easy one the student should be able to answer, either give a hint as to how to find the answer or let another student answer. If the question is a valid, hard one... answer. Or promise to answer after the lesson, if it would disrupt the lesson. If the question is something you don't know yourself... just say "I don't know." Maybe promise to look it up. A teacher doesn't have to know everything.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I wouldnt let a student answer to the question of another student. That means you assume all your students have the same learning curve, which is not the case. And it defames the student who didnt know in front of class. Always do it like the captain invite into personal quarters.

Inspiring others needs a lot of energy thats basically everything. if you cant inspire others, its because you aint inspired yourself. You can only convey what you yourself have
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Inspiring others needs a lot of energy thats basically everything. if you cant inspire others, its because you aint inspired yourself. You can only convey what you yourself have
    This is not entirely true.

INTJs when their minds are made up are the most inspired of all types.

Yet they are not inspirational.

---

But for an extrovert, to not be able to inspire might mean that person is not inspired.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

they maybe no inspiration to an extrovert, but if you look at the IJs on this forums its often those great philosophers that seem pretty I-dom like dunno Spinoza or Nietzsche, who inspire them
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

So, let's say you are 17. Would that be nice?

And you had options for dating around, but maybe liked one guy (or girl) quite a bit.

However, that quite a bit could turn into something more than quite a bit, and lead to emotional attachments of a new height.

Do you:

A. Play the field, have fun, don't sweat large, complex, time consuming emotions

B. Pursue what could be super awesome and possibly end in pain.

Because you are 17. And ENTP. And flakey! Okay, not really, but you get the idea.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

When I was 17 I took option B. And it was super awesome and it also ended in pain. So much pain.

I totally don't regret it. And I think I'd still pick option B over A in the long run.

But I have way more patience for the deep, complex, time-consuming emotions and pretty much no patience for the others. The idiotic drama that seems to surround "playing the field" really turns me off (most of the time it never seems like it can be "just fun").

I dunno, overall I feel I'm wasting the same amount of attention on emotions, just emotions of different caliber. And I'd rather eat steak than a McDonalds burger.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Bloubessie View Post
    Would you ever go back to someone you genuinely liked but who accidentally stabbed your back?
    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    ^

Famous quote by Curzon.
    She said it was accidental, so it's not treacherous any more than stepping on a hidden ant mount is genocide.