Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1568

Thread: Ask an ENTP!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Quote Originally Posted by pmj85 View Post
    Hi all,

I just posted this over on PerC, but I'd like your views also. Sorry for the tl;dr post, I guess I had a lot to get off my chest:

Thanks
    Yes, you poor bastard, you are definitely ENTP.

Welcome to the club!!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

@Tamske no i meant keeping sanity is not easy for me. i cant let my mind come to rest or peace
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    Yes, you poor bastard, you are definitely ENTP.

Welcome to the club!!

The post in question has been met with similar acceptance on PerC, so perhaps I am!

Thanks

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by pmj85
    Also, I get overly excited when TV shows documenting things like quantum physics get aired
    This is why I love youtube

- Back to Ti: what I can’t agree with is the whole ‘taking things apart to see how they work’ thing. Now, I may have taken that point too literally; I am very interested in analysing the smaller parts of this wonderful little thing we call “Life” and seeing how the fragments add up to the much bigger whole. I love the Universe and would do anything to gain the ability to unlock its deepest, darkest secrets.

What you won’t find me doing is taking apart mundane shit like electronic or mechanical devices jut for the hell of it. I can do such things with a fair degree of proficiency if the need arises, though I have to admit… if it works when I want it to, whatever.
    Pulling things apart "theoretically" not literally, lets not step on SP toes, they're better at it and let's face it, look cooler while doing it.

- I am prone to the odd “OMFG, LIFE IS AMAZING!12!1!” Moment here and there. Some days I can definitely be shiny, happy and a bit manic.
    But it is amazing

We are still easily excitable Ne doms, ya know.

- It seems that most ENTPs are hyper-intelligent and academically gifted. Whilst I’m more than smart enough to get by, I am far from a genius. Although my school grades were way above average, I did struggle with lot of stuff.

- It also seems that ENTPs have a great deal of self belief. Here’s the thing – I used to. I went through years of having zero self esteem, but I’m now back to feeling fairly badass… and that feeling grows day by day >:3 at present I am a fairly confident individual and I have fair self esteem. As I say though, this grows day by day.
    Point a plus point b = don't need to be hyper-intelligent to sell it.

And keep in mind, self belief can be hype. Not from me though, I am the shit.

Anyway, that post says yes-yes-yes to ENTP, and no to ENFP.

Hi all,

I just posted this over on PerC, but I'd like your views also. Sorry for the tl;dr post, I guess I had a lot to get off my chest:

Thanks
    You're probably ENTP.

Come join us, see how you fit in and we'll take it from there! It's how I settled on ENTP and it's unlikely I'm anything but. I wouldn't have known, though, if I hadn't gotten to know other ENTPs to see if I could relate.

Don't be shy.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    @Tamske no i meant keeping sanity is not easy for me. i cant let my mind come to rest or peace
    Okay, that's all right then
    What do you mean by "sanity"? There have been particles observed going faster than light!!! Will Relativity 2.0 come to terms with quantum mechanics?
    The nature of matter is incredibly crazy. We're made out of matter. I'm trying to get in touch with my inner tachyon.
    I don't care as much about whether I'm sane as I care about whether relativity theory is right. Relativity theory is much, much more interesting than me.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Wikipedia describes it best:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to: navigation, search
    For other uses, see Sanity (disambiguation).
    "Sound mind" redirects here. For the phrase "sound mind in a sound body", see Mens sana in corpore sano.
    Sanity (from Latin: sānitās) refers to the soundness, rationality and healthiness of the human mind, as opposed to insanity. A person is sane if they are rational. In modern society, the terms have become exclusively synonymous with compos mentis (Latin: compos, having mastery of, and mentis, mind), in contrast with non compos mentis, or insane, meaning troubled conscience.
    Especially in this day and age people put a lot of strain on me to vocalize things understandable, I tho cant always do that. I have troubles speaking clearly, troubles to engage in conversations sometimes because I am not informed enough regarding smalltalk topics.

Overall I often feel very introverted and like an alien and I'ld like all people around me to vanish so that I am alone. I see so many consequences in the things people say but I dunno how to tell them reasonably. I dunno if I am just overworked but this state doesnt seem to vanish.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Thanks to all for the words of encouragement! I have to admit, I did feel as though I was stepping into the lions den for a brief moment there

A window to the soul

Hi all,
    Howdies!

It also seems that ENTPs have a great deal of self belief. Here’s the thing – I used to. I went through years of having zero self esteem, but I’m now back to feeling fairly badass… and that feeling grows day by day >:3 at present I am a fairly confident individual and I have fair self esteem. As I say though, this grows day by day.
    Yeah, I've never had any problems with self-esteem; meaning, I don't dislike myself or lack confidence in my abilities. All I can say is I'm a little shy, but I hide it well. It hasn't gone away with age; however, I've mastered the art of suppressing it.

It is not uncommon for me to pause mid-sentence because a word (or phrase) which I feel would best drive my point home suddenly eludes me. If I cannot recall it within what I deem to be an acceptable amount of time or articulate an equally fitting sentence as a substitute, I’ll simply say “Never mind, it’ll come back to me” and end the conversation. This drives people batshit.
    I almost never do that.

I get overly excited when TV shows documenting things like quantum physics get aired
    Me too.

Whilst I can and do (rarely) take some things to heart, it is almost always when my beliefs are attacked and, woe betide, ripped apart. Any criticisms levelled at me personally are generally met with objective analysis and acted upon accordingly.
    It depends on who you are, as to how I respond. Normally, an attack on my beliefs isn't a big deal.

Although I’ve only ever participated in a few debates, I enjoy nothing more than speculating endlessly about the ‘big picture’ with intelligent friends. We can get lost in conversation for hours. The mental stimulation I derive from such exchanges is so obscenely beneficial to me that I couldn’t even begin to quantify their importance.
    I absolutely understand!

I've said it a couple of times in this thread, the most offensive thing to me (as an Ne-dom) is talking to someone with poor listening skills that consequently does not reply appropriately or at all. What does an Ne-dom do with that? It's cruel. My instinct is to dip into my energy reserves and push forward; directing for an adequate response.

I enjoy pushing people’s buttons. I am definitely what you could describe as a troll, though it really is almost exclusively a bit of fun; if someone starts taking offense, I cease and desist... unless I'm not too fond of the person in question, in which case I may persist a little longer.
    Sometimes, I like to see how far I can push serious people by goofing around. I do not set out on a mission to hurt people.

I think it sounds like you're ENTP.

Thanks for the input! The guys over at PerC have welcomed me into the ENTP club with open arms, so they must also see some ENTPness in me.

With regards to your point about people not reciprocating when you're talking about subjects outside of the norm, NRGH. I get so incredibly frustrated with people who blank me out or reply with a brief few words coupled with an incredibly dismissive tone. I feel like getting in their faces and shouting "YOU ARE DEAD TO ME!"

Except not, but I've imagined doing that

More than once >_>