User Tag List

First 95999107108109110111119 Last

Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1568

Thread: Ask an ENTP!

  1. #1081
    Chaser of Light Dr Mobius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Posts
    820

    Default

    Hey guys, I was just wondering you all seem very stand out of the crowdish. I do mean that in a good way, pushing the ignorant and ridiculous boundaries, but do you ever feel the need to blend, not be in the physical spotlight?

  2. #1082
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    He's probably ENTP. I'd like to rule out NF because he’s not easily offended. His indecisiveness seems clever, as it’s making him a pretty popular guy.
    It does speaks of Ne-domness.

    Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    I can attest to this to a certain extent. Sometimes if I see someone who just doesn't even try to have a modicum of social grace there's a part of me that cringes and just wants to remove the problem by controlling it. For instance, my boss is quite unabashedly racist towards black people, which is bad for business, if not just a really weird thing to be in this day and age. So if someone black walks into the store and she tries to ignore they exist, I try to push her to interact with them as much as possible. It's weird, instead of just living and let living (letting her have her prejudices) as I normally do with people, I feel this almost uncontrollable urge to manipulate the situation because seriously, how would she feel if someone treated her that way?

    Anyway, I wonder of that example is along the lines of what you were getting at there.
    Yes. That is a form of external enforcing harmonisation.

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    That's right. Tho I have reached an age where I dont want to shut down that in others no more. At my age you basically assume every person you meet is an idiot and socially unacceptable and that person has to prove to you that he / she is not.
    This too is a control mechanism. The "prove to me that you're worthy" mechanism when no one should have to prove anything to anyone. The way to combat or offset this mechanism is what you've expressed below, being self-reliant.

    Since the day on which I decided to control life on my own and dont let others control my life to please everybody, I feel much much happier .
    This is a way to block out-of-control Fe where people can lose themselves within the internal/external harmonisation of Fe. As an inferior Fi user, I view this methodology as a positive. Just be careful of hypocrisy in that if you refuse to prove yourself to others, you cannot hold others to needing to prove themselves to you.

  3. #1083
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default

    I'm here to stay people. thank you @Jenaphor for your help here in this thread

  4. #1084
    ThatGirl
    Guest

    Default

    Grrrrrrr.

  5. #1085
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    The biggest problem for me with Fi users emerge from a felt loss of loyality. Thats like the Fi user has been silent for 10 minutes and you think he / she is on your side and suddenly he / she evaluates the position anew and you suddenly feel betrayed. This is a verty bad feeling, as well as when you are in public having a lowkey understanding of how you should behave, you develop over the childhood a way to express yourself. This way is most often extrovert and incorporates Fe, most often it is a clown attitude that you are a joker, fun to be around and thru that keep people at armslength. Ti can basically totally go unchecked, it is strong and it dictates your whole reasoning as in head over heart but it can be so left unattend that its strength never manifests.

    Having Fe tertiary is a curse and a blessing. Often you find yourself between a loop of 'the way you should behave' and 'the way you want to behave'. You have huge problems to recognize how you are seen by others and therefore can have a huge demand for recognition. Ne being the sole part thats always active, you can make out of every little personal crysis an inferno that destroys the world.

    In discussion agreement isnt so much the thing you want, you rather seek progression. Discussing with Fi users is draining cause their focus is unintresting to you, plus they want agreement while you want to keep the discussion going. You never intentionally do want to hurt people or provoke them but you do and you have to recognize that.

    For me being in a relationship was made possible thru a shared Ne understanding that was unique for us. That connection enables us as well to get a better understanding of each other and our relationship went like this: the first 3 years was war, the next 2 years was rearrangement and since the last year we have started to work together. I am still totally influenced by her mood swings and callous attitude, I hope she does learn to understand that one day, while I need to respect her feelings more.

    Being an entp isnt so much fun like people may expect. Your whole daily life is a big mess of fractured thought, ideas, tangents, impressions and its difficult for you to focus on mundane work. There are days an hour lasts a felt second to you and there are days a second lasts a felt hour to you. Finding rest, coming to peace is your relief methods. Some do that by excessive drinking until their body needs to rest cause they have lost their senses. Some have managed to be stronger than their restlessness and are able to actually pause.

    When entps are activated and do the things going on in their heads, they become unstoppable workaholics. As an entp I can complete tasks on a day others would need months for. The most important thing is always to not have too much freetime to start thinking, thats not good. There always needs to be an occupation or a pleasant movie to relax to.

    Being an entp is actually hell and the its only the ability of the entp how well he can be the administrator of himself which determines the amount of hell leaked to the outside world.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  6. #1086
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,028

    Default

    Thanks for the explanation entropie. This will help me with my son. He's such a sweetheart. Sometimes I fear for him because of Fe harmonisation. And yet, I've seen him stand up for himself so at least I know he can and does.

  7. #1087
    Senior Member Adasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    The biggest problem for me with Fi users emerge from a felt loss of loyality. Thats like the Fi user has been silent for 10 minutes and you think he / she is on your side and suddenly he / she evaluates the position anew and you suddenly feel betrayed.
    Interesting. I must admit, I quite enjoy letting some people "twist in the wind".

    I think the feeling of betrayal may be an extension of the ENTP's inability to stop talking during an involved discussion. I think ENTPs are comfortable with other E-types just shouting and throwing in odd ideas all the time. Since I don't do this, there is often a moment when I talk to an ENTP and we strike upon a point that I consider worthy of analysis. Knowing that the ENTP is going to rattle on about something, sometimes even making the same point in 3 or 4 different ways, I "disengage" and give a few "yeses" and "noes" or "absolutelies" so as not to offend and ruin the flow of the conversation. During this time, I am thinking about whatever has taken my interest, and will reengage at a time that seems natural within the context of the conversation.

    The feeling of treachery may also come from how I analyse the ENTP's attitude. Frequently, ENTPs say something about a situation including another person (e.g. an argument with a colleague) and go on to describe their own actions. During this, it's sometimes the case that the ENTP propounds his own point of view as if it were the prevailing one, or if it were factually accurate, and his behaviour was obviously the best and most reasonable course of action. However, he has not taken into account the thoughts/feelings or others: only their actions. Therefore it could seem like I am agreeing with you but, in fact, there will come a point in the conversation where I realise something (after the aforementioned analysis) and perhaps say something like "So why did you think it was okay to say that? Did you ever think that perhaps she felt like this? Frankly, I'd be annoyed if you did/said that to me!" Then, since the ENTP has been too consumed in thought about the ideas behind why the disagreement took place, he misses out on other factors, including my process of internal evaluation during the conversation.


    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    In discussion agreement isnt so much the thing you want, you rather seek progression. Discussing with Fi users is draining cause their focus is unintresting to you, plus they want agreement while you want to keep the discussion going. You never intentionally do want to hurt people or provoke them but you do and you have to recognize that.
    In general, I do want agreement, or at least an agreement to disagree. I do not like to debate just for fun, because I become too involved in the process. It can b draining talking to ENTPs because I have to point things out that I take for granted with others. Sometimes I think "Are you actually aware that there are other people involved? That they think and feel things that may be contrary to your point of view?" It can be tiring because I have to use my Fi and explain it in minute detail to the ENTP while knowing full well she doesn't actually care. However, it does need to be said!

    Sometimes I feel that ENTPs must look at others and constantly think "Hmm. That was curious. I certainly didn't expect that to happen." It's like an ENTP saying "What? That idea is terrible. That entire system is stupid; my way is far superior. Look, I've already done all the calculations to prove how great my idea is; in the face of this knowledge, clearly you must agree that my way is right." Some ENTPs are then shocked that someone may feel offended by this approach, rather than saying "Wow - have clever of you!"

    Having said that, Ne conversations are exhilarating, and I enjoy giving ENTPs theoretical notions that they can describe to me in greater detail. I find Ti oddly endearing, perhaps because it operates in the same way as Fi, just to a different end.
    That girls are raped, that two boys knife a third,
    Were axioms to him, who'd never heard
    Of any world where promises were kept,
    Or one could weep because another wept.

  8. #1088
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adasta View Post
    Interesting. I must admit, I quite enjoy letting some people "twist in the wind".

    I think the feeling of betrayal may be an extension of the ENTP's inability to stop talking during an involved discussion. I think ENTPs are comfortable with other E-types just shouting and throwing in odd ideas all the time. Since I don't do this, there is often a moment when I talk to an ENTP and we strike upon a point that I consider worthy of analysis. Knowing that the ENTP is going to rattle on about something, sometimes even making the same point in 3 or 4 different ways, I "disengage" and give a few "yeses" and "noes" or "absolutelies" so as not to offend and ruin the flow of the conversation. During this time, I am thinking about whatever has taken my interest, and will reengage at a time that seems natural within the context of the conversation.
    No I meant something different, this a thing I've noticed happen to all Fe users when engaging Fi users, so I dont think its too much entp related. When a Fe user changes his standpoint about a thing, he usually does explain his reasoning out loud so everyone can follow. Like "Tho I have always felt different, I came to see now that given point XY you can see that differently". If the crowd agrees or not isnt important, what is important to you as a Fe user that everyone is informed of your change in attitude and noone would have the feeling you changed your opinion and he/she wasnt informed.

    Fi users do it differently, given the introverted nature of feeling they can change their opinion beforehand and later only explain when asked for an explanation. The other thing is that due to the introverted process that is feeling, the Fe user most often does misinterpret the way Fi works. So when I would be in public and my partner would suddenly have a completly different opinion from what I am used to that would hurt me a great deal and I'd feel betrayed.

    That never happened with my infp and she is quite aware of me feeling that way, I dont even know for sure if those 'public mood swings' would be Fi - specific, I think it could happen with Fe peeps as well. What is so Fi specific is the introverted nature and it's like an introverted thinker cant explain the things he is doing while he is doing them ( like a silent craftsmen ), so an introverted Feeler cant explain what conclusions he draws from his feelings while drawing them.

    The feeling of treachery may also come from how I analyse the ENTP's attitude. Frequently, ENTPs say something about a situation including another person (e.g. an argument with a colleague) and go on to describe their own actions. During this, it's sometimes the case that the ENTP propounds his own point of view as if it were the prevailing one, or if it were factually accurate, and his behaviour was obviously the best and most reasonable course of action. However, he has not taken into account the thoughts/feelings or others: only their actions. Therefore it could seem like I am agreeing with you but, in fact, there will come a point in the conversation where I realise something (after the aforementioned analysis) and perhaps say something like "So why did you think it was okay to say that? Did you ever think that perhaps she felt like this? Frankly, I'd be annoyed if you did/said that to me!" Then, since the ENTP has been too consumed in thought about the ideas behind why the disagreement took place, he misses out on other factors, including my process of internal evaluation during the conversation.
    I can understand that as an attempt to seek for confirmation of his actions. During the 28 years of life experience I have now, I have found that people who overdo a certain thing, like overly showing their opinion is the best or overly investing time in their looks, have the biggest problem with overly done thing. The same applies for entps. We are the epitome of insecurity, there aint a thing we do we dont question 60 times. The same applies for almost all p - types imo. I dont mean personal things like 'I have to rethink 60 times if I love you' no thats a problem. But we question things like 'did I say the things in the right voice to my boss', 'was he upset because of a thing I said or why did he treat me like that', 'am I doing the right thing by taking this job and not that'. It's a constant flux of reflection and reconsideration and a lot of people will tell you thats a good thing. Still for you it's hell and you crave nothing more than to have security once. And since that applies to all of your persona, you will tend to reflect your actions thru others. Sadly the entp can do that the wrong way and explain his position with so much strength that the other person wouldnt know that the entp actually wants to be criticized. And while explaining it he is convincing himself even more. Its not easy for others to give the reflection needed for the entp and it needs you to have a lot more life experience or wisdom than him.

    The good thing is that changes with age. I have become much more relaxed and reluctant the choices I make are the choices I make. Which means there maybe always could have been a better choice but I have done it my way according to my personality. I am alert all the time if my way or my personality would hurt anyone and I would change myself if I was critized. Still it has gotten easier for me to make decisions, because I have come to terms that the constant search for perfection that Ti imposes is in vain.



    In general, I do want agreement, or at least an agreement to disagree. I do not like to debate just for fun, because I become too involved in the process. It can b draining talking to ENTPs because I have to point things out that I take for granted with others. Sometimes I think "Are you actually aware that there are other people involved? That they think and feel things that may be contrary to your point of view?" It can be tiring because I have to use my Fi and explain it in minute detail to the ENTP while knowing full well she doesn't actually care. However, it does need to be said!
    When I am a guest in the nf forums I often read things like that about entps, but I cant fully identify. You know me for like 11k posts now and I am just not like that. my girlfriend is an infp with a huge demand for morality, she's an enneagram 6 and has an unforgiving nature. In the first years we were together I always had the feeling it was more due to my Fe she liked me than due to anything else. When I explain to her my projects she has an attention span of 5 seconds and I always have to be brief and to the point what left the feeling my real strength Ti isnt important to her. So you see respecting others people feelings was never an issue between us on the contrary. You could call the two of us as the upholders of morality and polite human interaction because we somewhat isolated us from the rest of society cause it makes us angry. People who cheat on each others, people who dont conduct serious relationships, people who are out of touch with themselves, we have a very basic almost romantic childlike understanding of the living-together of people on this world, I always had it but never developed it and thru her influence I have found my peace as well. I can look in the mirror in the mornings and like what I see, I may never get rich with money or make a huge career, but I already now that I'll be a wise man with a lots of kids when I am old and thats where I want to be.

    Having that in mind I cant identify with the entp type you describe. Especially the entp is the one next to the entj from the rational types who has a more holistic worldview, meaning who incorporates everything into the equation and that are other peoples feelings as well. I have countless of times in my life not done the most logical action because I have respected someone elses feeling. I have always never done the impulsive nor the rational decision but always searched for the wise decision.

    You know me and you can be my judge. Do you think I am like that entp described in your text ? That you need to explain everything to me because I have no sight for other peoples feelings ? if you say yes, I'll need to work on that. it's true that I often have impulsive opinions on this board because I want to and that I do not talk with respect towards others feelings only but with respect to the wise solution and thats my character. That could be of course be offending, but that shouldnt be the guy you described.

    When I said agreement, I meant; I of course always want agreement with my girlfriend. She tho does find other things intresting in a debate about quantum physics and if we have such a debate I find it frustrating when she talks about things not related to the topic. Its a deal we have there, I consider it that way that most of the time we talk about things that have a balance beetween Fi and Ti but sometimes we talk about Fi- or Ti-only things and if that happens the other one should be ignored for awhile. The major problem tho is that Fi is a blindspot for entps, they feel uncomfortable when they have to deal with their own emotions for too long or if their self is reflected so immensly that they actually can see it and Ti is a blindspot for infps cause they have troubles detaching from their emotional reality so much that they are only able to see abstract patterns and connections and are able to get exhilerated by an equation like 1 + i , which does produce zero good feelings in them. The thing both need to understand is that it does produce good feelings for their counterpart and its a life task to find the balance needed here, I cant promise if I manage it. Biggest problem is her Fi being in a judgemental position as in first function so I am most often the one who does the compromise. But she has the deepest concern for my well-being and if that isnt overstrained by me and always wanted by her I think we will manage.

    The positive sideeffect tho is, tho we both have had and are having troubles in communication due to Fi and Ti being blindspots, we both have become more relaxed and peaceful with ourselves as well. Cause we are completing each others.

    Sometimes I feel that ENTPs must look at others and constantly think "Hmm. That was curious. I certainly didn't expect that to happen." It's like an ENTP saying "What? That idea is terrible. That entire system is stupid; my way is far superior. Look, I've already done all the calculations to prove how great my idea is; in the face of this knowledge, clearly you must agree that my way is right." Some ENTPs are then shocked that someone may feel offended by this approach, rather than saying "Wow - have clever of you!"
    Again that changes with age. It was never too developed with me cause I come from a craftsman family and am the first one to go to University, meaning I have more the attitude that I talk the things I do great down, instead of demanding recognition for them. Thats not the right way as well but I am definitly noone who always needs to be right. my opinion is: "you are right and I have my peace"
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  9. #1089
    Writing... Tamske's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trollogo View Post
    Hey guys, I was just wondering you all seem very stand out of the crowdish. I do mean that in a good way, pushing the ignorant and ridiculous boundaries, but do you ever feel the need to blend, not be in the physical spotlight?
    Usually I don't really know whether I'm standing out or not. You know, I could be the only teacher dressing in jeans and T-shirt at my new school... I just didn't look at the clothes of the others to see whether I'm blending in or not. (Se? What Se?)
    I can be happy to be in the spotlight, if it's in a good way, if people are interested.
    I'm quite happy to be one of the crowd, too, but I'm not giving up my jeans in order to blend in. I've given up "trying to blend in" when I was 13 years old, when I realized I had to give up reading, start clothes shopping, and decided that "people who only want to be friends with you if you do all that" aren't worth my friendship. Also, I could try everything, I *always* was the odd one out. So I decided I could do what I wanted. Well, if after you saw the popular soap series and studied all the names of the characters, you're *still* the odd one out, you can as well read fantasy and be the odd one out.
    I absolutely hate being looked over. I prefer to be one of the crowd, rather than nobody. If I can't participate in the conversation, I'll retreat and take my writing booklet. I hate it when eg. I sit with other teachers, I try to participate but the conversation seems to keep me outside. Should I nod and act as if I'm participating when I really am not? Will they think I'm asocial when I go away? Argh. I don't want to appear asocial, but I don't want to lose my time listening to others chatting to each other when it's clear I'm not meant to participate.

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Being an entp is actually hell and the its only the ability of the entp how well he can be the administrator of himself which determines the amount of hell leaked to the outside world.
    I don't agree with this statement. Entropie has this sense of drama, but to me it's just false. Being ENTP isn't that bad. Are you really saying an ENTP has to hide Ne in order to be socially acceptable? Of course you need to listen to other people once in a while - even if what they are saying doesn't seem that interesting compared to your current big project. Of course, when you say that cooking is chemistry, you can expect the cooking teacher to laugh at you (this happened today), but what's the problem there? As long as you accept people laughing at your quirks, you are allowed to show them.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

  10. #1090
    Senior Member pmj85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Hi all,

    I just posted this over on PerC, but I'd like your views also. Sorry for the tl;dr post, I guess I had a lot to get off my chest:

    Am I an ENTP?

    I would very much appreciate any input from resident ENTPs, because I’ve been quite confused these past couple of days. After a hell of a lot of research, I think I now know the answer, though I’d like to see what other people think before I come to a definitive conclusion.

    I’ll try to keep this as concise as possible but please bear with me – I’m not exactly on top form at the moment due to countless hours of overtime. Do not want.

    For ENTP:

    - After reading up on the Jungian cognitive processes, it has become glaringly obvious that I do not use Fi. Whilst I could (very loosely) identify with the whole ‘filtering through information to gather what is relevant and needed’ a few years back, I can’t now and haven’t been able to for years. What I can identify with is Fe, which sounds far closer to the way I ‘feel’ about the world around me and the people within it. So… an ENFP that doesn’t use Fi. Hmm.

    - I can identify more with Ti than Fi. Whilst I can’t agree with it 100%, a lot of it does make sense. For example, the definition I have to hand states that Ti will try to get its point across as clearly and concisely as possible. It is not uncommon for me to pause mid-sentence because a word (or phrase) which I feel would best drive my point home suddenly eludes me. If I cannot recall it within what I deem to be an acceptable amount of time or articulate an equally fitting sentence as a substitute, I’ll simply say “Never mind, it’ll come back to me” and end the conversation. This drives people batshit.


    - I seem to ‘get’ things far more quickly than most other people I know. Whilst I am far from a genius, I typically don’t have to work hard to understand new concepts introduced to me. I am also a very theoretical thinker; I spend a great deal of time thinking about all kinds of crazy shit, though it is almost exclusively scientific in nature. Also, I get overly excited when TV shows documenting things like quantum physics get aired I’m definitely a person that likes to think outside the box.

    - Whilst I can and do (rarely) take some things to heart, it is almost always when my beliefs are attacked and, woe betide, ripped apart. Any criticisms levelled at me personally are generally met with objective analysis and acted upon accordingly.

    - Although I’ve only ever participated in a few debates, I enjoy nothing more than speculating endlessly about the ‘big picture’ with intelligent friends. We can get lost in conversation for hours. The mental stimulation I derive from such exchanges is so obscenely beneficial to me that I couldn’t even begin to quantify their importance. They define me. I feel I can debate well in person, though I find it hard sat at a computer because there are far too many distractions.

    - Whilst I have been a fairly laid back adult, as a child / teenager I was highly competitive and refused to come second at anything. I was always the fastest, the strongest, the loudest, etc. Also, I didn’t take any shit. I was always fighting (and winning).

    - I enjoy pushing people’s buttons. I am definitely what you could describe as a troll, though it really is almost exclusively a bit of fun; if someone starts taking offense, I cease and desist... unless I'm not too fond of the person in question, in which case I may persist a little longer.

    - I do sometimes avoid confrontation, though if I’m backed into a corner I go balls to the wall and tear shreds off people. I’ve had to cool this down at work, however; a senior manager thought they could one up me last year. Turns they couldn’t and ended up looking rather stupid. Alas, this was apparently not a smart thing to do (bah) and I ended up having a very, very hard 6 months at work. Shitbag.

    - Although I very rarely do this, I have been known to absolutely annihilate someone with a few choice words. No exaggerations, no showboating – a genuine observation. The few people I have done this to have stayed out of my life forever. Which is great, because I wasn’t too keen on them.

    - Whilst ENFPs seem to be very touchy-feely for the most part, I am fairly uncomfortable with physical touch. People I like can touch me occasionally if they wish, though I would never seek to initiate a physical exchange. Also, people seriously need to keep the fuck out of my personal space, lest they get shouted at and / or slapped.

    - I cannot abide stupidity. This will probably sound harsh to most ENFPs, but what the hell – if I deem someone unintelligent (and therefore not at all stimulating), I pretty much outright ignore them. They’re lucky if they receive a monosyllabic response to any questions or statements levelled at me. I might… MIGHT tolerate them for a short while if I’m in an incredibly good mood, but I’d really rather not. Sometimes when such people talk to me I keep myself entertained by imagining how fun it’d be to set them alight whilst they babble on >:3

    - I am endlessly curious about the nature of things in general. I am also interested in what other people think of things, just to see how their beliefs stack up against mine. If someone disagrees with me on a certain topic, I challenge their views and try to make them see sense (¬.¬)


    - My sense of humour is dark. I laugh at things I really shouldn’t. I say things that provoke incredibly heated responses.

    - For me, the whole point in life is understanding just what the hell. Apparently ENFPs are all for peace and that sort of thing. Whilst peace is great and all, I’d much rather unlock the secrets of the Universe.

    - My thinking face is so badass, it scares children and small animals. Hell, I even scared myself the first time I caught my reflection whilst deep in thought. Obviously, this is an entirely valid point that adds a huge amount of credibility to my potential T-ness.


    Against ENTP:

    - Back to Ti: what I can’t agree with is the whole ‘taking things apart to see how they work’ thing. Now, I may have taken that point too literally; I am very interested in analysing the smaller parts of this wonderful little thing we call “Life” and seeing how the fragments add up to the much bigger whole. I love the Universe and would do anything to gain the ability to unlock its deepest, darkest secrets.

    What you won’t find me doing is taking apart mundane shit like electronic or mechanical devices jut for the hell of it. I can do such things with a fair degree of proficiency if the need arises, though I have to admit… if it works when I want it to, whatever.

    - Whilst I care very little for the great unclean (you know, those ‘other’ people) I do have a strange empathy for animals. I’d gladly save a bunch of furry, bright eyed assholes over a human I deem unworthy of my time. At least animals can’t offend me with their stupidity; they get away with it because they’re sorta cute.

    - It seems that most ENTPs are hyper-intelligent and academically gifted. Whilst I’m more than smart enough to get by, I am far from a genius. Although my school grades were way above average, I did struggle with lot of stuff.

    - It also seems that ENTPs have a great deal of self belief. Here’s the thing – I used to. I went through years of having zero self esteem, but I’m now back to feeling fairly badass… and that feeling grows day by day >:3 at present I am a fairly confident individual and I have fair self esteem. As I say though, this grows day by day.

    - I am prone to the odd “OMFG, LIFE IS AMAZING!12!1!” Moment here and there. Some days I can definitely be shiny, happy and a bit manic.

    - People seem to like me, in spite of the fact that I wind them up endlessly and say things that really, really shouldn’t be said. I tend to get away with a great deal. According to others (I didn’t even ask this, I was told) I’m “Funny, random and smart”.

    Potential spanner in the works and also RE: struggling in school – I almost certainly have ADD. It was suggested by a tutor of mine (a Dr of Psychology and also an ADD sufferer) that I get it checked out, and I plan to – after reading up on it and taking a few online tests, I’m pretty much a text book case. This may have thrown me off the scent of being a T due to occasional emotional outbursts (I do occasionally get white-rage and hit shit when provoked) and also my attention span is terrible. Have you got any idea how hard it is for me to sit and type this? I’m so eager to finish I keep twitching and I’m sweating like a pig!

    This post isn’t as clear or as concise as I wanted it to be and I’ve doubtless missed a load of points out, but there we have it. What do you think? Am I an ENTP, or am I a slightly miffed ENFP? Perhaps a half arsed, pretty shit ADD suffering ENTP? Any thoughts, questions, troll posts, lolcat pictures, whatever… all welcomed.

    I have to admit, I am starting to think I'm a T. We'll see I guess.

    [FAKE EDIT] FYI, there is no questioning my E, N or P.
    Thanks

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTP] Ask an ENTP
    By ZNP-TBA in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 09-17-2017, 12:55 PM
  2. [ENTP] How should an ENTP choose a career?
    By YoungGun2112 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 06-19-2012, 11:06 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-17-2009, 10:37 PM
  4. Ask an ENTP get a nasty answer
    By entropie in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 171
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 12:33 PM
  5. [ENTP] A few problems being an ENTP has caused
    By YoungGun2112 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 07:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO