User Tag List

First 85898106107108109110118 Last

Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1568

Thread: Ask an ENTP!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    A good way to describe ENTPs, like bees buzzing around with no clear pattern to their flight.

p.s. My son's tested as an ENTP. Thought this might amuse you!
    My dad's an ENTJ. It's a...fun...parent-child dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    'live and let live' sounds like a clear pattern to me
    As a consideration, ever notice how Fe manifests when bracketed by Ti and particularly, inferior Si? It appears to manifest more in male ENTPs, than female.

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    My dad's an ENTJ. It's a...fun...parent-child dynamic.
    We have a lot of fun! He's awesome, in that he's got an excellent handle on his Fe. We have a mutually respectful agreement, in that he's got wider/greater boundaries/freedoms than any of his friends since he's a very responsible and mature teenager so he's capable of making serious decisions and good choices. But...he knows when he finally hits those boundaries, not to push them, at least very hard.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

As a consideration, ever notice how Fe manifests when bracketed by Ti and particularly, inferior Si? It appears to manifest more in male ENTPs, than female.
    I'd be interested to hear some insights and observations about that.

(As a fish in water, it's difficult to know what we look like from the air above it. )

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    I'd be interested to hear some insights and observations about that.

(As a fish in water, it's difficult to know what we look like from the air above it. )
    Fe can manifest as controlling when it comes to what's considered "appropriate" behaviour in others. For some, it's about being politically correct, for others, it's harmonising the environment at any cost.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

Fe can manifest as controlling when it comes to what's considered "appropriate" behaviour in others. For some, it's about being politically correct, for others, it's harmonising the environment at any cost.
    So like telling people to be nice/ arguing for political correctness? Trying to get people to be nice to each other? Not standing up for oneself?

I don't see many ENTPs do this, so maybe I don't understand your description. What do you mean?

Edit: Or maybe you're referring to our desire to not judge or punish people, the desire to live and let live and allow others a lot of freedom, in situations where you think it is necessary to put up more limitations than that?

Quote Originally Posted by redcheerio View Post
    So like telling people to be nice/ arguing for political correctness? Trying to get people to be nice to each other? Not standing up for oneself?

I don't see many ENTPs do this, so maybe I don't understand your description. What do you mean?

Edit: Or maybe you're referring to our desire to not judge or punish people, the desire to live and let live and allow others a lot of freedom, in situations where you think it is necessary to put up more limitations than that?
    Bear in mind that I haven't seen this as prevalent with female ENTPs, moreso with male ENTPs. If there are behaviours that an ENTP feels discordant with, they will manifest controlling behaviours to shut down what they perceive as unacceptable behaviours in others. Fe combined with the inferior Si function (which isn't well controlled), can manifest as controlling behaviour when it views behaviours that are deemed socially unacceptable.

A window to the soul

ENTPs, do you think ReflecTcelfeR is an ENTP?
    He's probably ENTP. I'd like to rule out NF because he’s not easily offended. His indecisiveness seems clever, as it’s making him a pretty popular guy.

Bear in mind that I haven't seen this as prevalent with female ENTPs, moreso with male ENTPs. If there are behaviours that an ENTP feels discordant with, they will manifest controlling behaviours to shut down what they perceive as unacceptable behaviours in others. Fe combined with the inferior Si function (which isn't well controlled), can manifest as controlling behaviour when it views behaviours that are deemed socially unacceptable.
    I can attest to this to a certain extent. Sometimes if I see someone who just doesn't even try to have a modicum of social grace there's a part of me that cringes and just wants to remove the problem by controlling it. For instance, my boss is quite unabashedly racist towards black people, which is bad for business, if not just a really weird thing to be in this day and age. So if someone black walks into the store and she tries to ignore they exist, I try to push her to interact with them as much as possible. It's weird, instead of just living and let living (letting her have her prejudices) as I normally do with people, I feel this almost uncontrollable urge to manipulate the situation because seriously, how would she feel if someone treated her that way?

Anyway, I wonder of that example is along the lines of what you were getting at there.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

That's right. Tho I have reached an age where I dont want to shut down that in others no more. At my age you basically assume every person you meet is an idiot and socially unacceptable and that person has to prove to you that he / she is not. Since the day on which I decided to control life on my own and dont let others control my life to please everybody, I feel much much happier .
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.