User Tag List

First 55595103104105106107115155 Last

Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1568

Thread: Ask an ENTP!

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    What type gave you the most satisfying relationship?
    Romantic relationship? Well, out of the TWO real relationships that I've had, the INFJ was more satisfying than the INTJ. They were pretty similar in a lot of ways (talk about having a "type"), but the INFJ and I were just more in tune with one another. Our relationship also lasted longer.

Friend relationship? Out of the ones that I've had recently, I've got an INFP friend who just satisfies all aspects of friendship perfectly (fun, depth, adventure, humour). I'm pretty shocked at how quickly we formed a friendship...he and I just gel really well. In the past, my most satifying friendships have been with an INTP (male), ENFJ (male) and ISFP (female).

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    Romantic relationship? Well, out of the TWO real relationships that I've had, the INFJ was more satisfying than the INTJ. They were pretty similar in a lot of ways (talk about having a "type"), but the INFJ and I were just more in tune with one another. Our relationship also lasted longer.
    Was the INFJ more in tune with you because of the personality or just that was how you guys fit? I've never found an INFJ to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Are you talking strictly romantic?
    Nay.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Then with the specific term "satisfying" in mind: ESTPs, ESFPs and INFJs.

Top ten reasons to befriend an ENTP?
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

Was the INFJ more in tune with you because of the personality or just that was how you guys fit? I've never found an INFJ to date.
    Hmmm...I'm not sure if it was personality or not. I felt like we anticipated each others grievances and corrected them before it became a big problem (is that an Fe thing? I dunno). I also felt like we had the most fun in our relationship (very similar senses of humour). Could be an MBTI thing. It was easy for me to find the chewy kernel of fun and frolic in the INFJ, not as easy in the INTJ. He was Mr. SRS BZNS a lot of the time (not that all INTJs are that way, of course).

INFJ guys really are crazy rare. I've yet to find another certified one in the flesh.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Then with the specific term "satisfying" in mind: ESTPs, ESFPs and INFJs.
    In what way?

Quote Originally Posted by allegorystory View Post
    Hmmm...I'm not sure if it was personality or not. I felt like we anticipated each others grievances and corrected them before it became a big problem (is that an Fe thing? I dunno). I also felt like we had the most fun in our relationship (very similar senses of humour). Could be an MBTI thing. It was easy for me to find the chewy kernel of fun and frolic in the INFJ, not as easy in the INTJ. He was Mr. SRS BZNS a lot of the time (not that all INTJs are that way, of course).

INFJ guys really are crazy rare. I've yet to find another certified one in the flesh.
    Maybe it is Fe. I feel like the INTJ Fi clashes with my use of Fe. INFJs can have a similar sense of humor?! I guess I find that surprising because my humor consists of A) Sarcasm B) Mischievous jokes/deeds C) Random, miscellaneous references.

I need to go find some INFJs

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

In what way?
    I'm drawn to SPs because of their often light-hearted, fun-loving ways. I live for fun, I detest emotional drama (personal emotional drama is fine, seeking to understand one's self is great, it's when the drama involves multiple people that I turn off), and I enjoy their action-seeking preference.

Many of my closest friends over the years have been ESTP specifically, but all SPs are represented.

I found the SP friendships that meant the most to me were satisfying because they never asked/needed/wanted me to change but at the same time challenged me to be more action-orientated. It doesn't take too much encouragement but I will withdraw without some.

The more satisfying SP relationships were ones where I never asked them to bare their souls, and they never asked me to either, and yet we understood each other enough to challenge aspects that needed to be pushed and avoid areas that were touchy.

If I came up with a crazy plan they jumped right in to help with the plot, they never looked at me like I was odd. They encouraged the crazy.

They were fun. They were drama free. They were super enthusiastic. They liked people. They were optimistic. They were positive. The relationships were symbiotic.

That for me is satisfying.

With INFJs there is still the element of encouragement (although they can look at me like I'm odd ), but the most satisfying aspect of my relationships there is the depth that we are able to get out of each other.

When they are receptive I know how to open them up, and they are the only type I've found that is able to turn that back on me and get me to reveal things I normally keep well hidden. They refuse to allow me not to.

We get each other, but both sides of the relationship are looking for continual improvement and growth, we never stop challenging each other to become better people.

I find it impossible not to admire many innate INFJ traits when I see them in action.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by uncommonentity View Post
    Top ten reasons to befriend an ENTP?
    They aren't too awkward if you show emotion around them.
    They are (or at least try to be) honest, if they aren't joking.
    You can usually tell when they are joking, and if not, they don't mind if you ask.
    They are able to discuss and disagree strongly with you and still be friends. (So you're a devout Catholic and I'm a strong atheist? Let's debate for a few hours and enjoy a game of Settlers of Catan afterwards!)
    They have and like very heterogenous groups of friends.
    It's easy to make them enthousiastic about something totally new. (Now I've got to convince my future employers of that. Yes, I've done Latin, theoretical physics, teacher's degree, and I'm interested in literature, but if you let me JUST TRY that laboratory work in chemistry of adhesives, I'll love it and in a short while I'll be even good at it!)
    They are cool with criticism and will try to improve if they think it's valid.
    You can convince them with arguments. Be careful, they'll try the same with you.
    They'll help you if you ask. Not "if you need it", though, if you don't ask they'll never guess you'd want their help.
    They can be great fun, even without alcohol. Just tickle their Ne. It doesn't need that much tickling, even.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ESFJ

Hi,

Can you please tell me the best way to discipline a 14 year old xNTP who is stubborn, argumentative, thinks he knows everything, smart and articulate so will argue a point even if the thinking/logic is narrow minded because he's right ??? What worked for you?

I've tried being analytical, feely, talking about the big picture, tried the silent treatment, blackmailed him with money, grounded him and nothing so far has worked but i do get either a lovely smirk from him or verbal abuse with so many curse words he'd be an excellent sailor. The little

For me as a child i only needed my mother to not talk to me for a day and i felt like it was the end of the world.

Thanks in advance.
    (This advice may come too late as i may just throttle him instead)

Edit - Forgot to add, he is about to throw away his schooling because he thinks the teachers have too much control so he's going to prove a point by not getting a proper education.. Smart point. Bloody Idiot.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

@saslou wow, that sounds like me.

Let's see, if you want to be loving, I would find a way for you to make it so that it is in his overall best interests to listen to you. That is the first thing that comes to mind.

Or do you want a punishing route?