• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Are female ENTPs less "extroverted"?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Well giving an opinion about a whole countries population is very inaccurate and acting is actually a thing many introverts do, cause they spend the time dealing with themselves to know how to change roles.

You really need to rethink the things you say, one day you may hurt someone

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Being an N has nothing to do with getting terms straight. Any S or N can speak with haziness if they don't have a good grasp on what they are speaking about. As a matter of fact, MBTI teaches that Ti users are among the most precise of the types. Many examples are given of Ti users studying specialized dictionaries just for fun as children. I did that as well. Precision in language is very important to me, and I am most definitely an N.

That's not really what I meant. Something's missing with my explanation, and I'm not sure how else to put it. Since I agree with your post. Eh whatever, assume I didn't say that. I didn't mean that Ns didn't CARE about getting terms straight. It's more of just knowing what's being discussed and not needing to define it?

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
That's not really what I meant. Something's missing with my explanation, and I'm not sure how else to put it. Since I agree with your post. Eh whatever, assume I didn't say that. I didn't mean that Ns didn't CARE about getting terms straight. It's more of just knowing what's being discussed and not needing to define it?

Oh, ok. I guess I can understand a bit where you are coming from and it seems less annoying now. ;) and :hug:

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Well giving an opinion about a whole countries population is very inaccurate and acting is actually a thing many introverts do, cause they spend the time dealing with themselves to know how to change roles.

You really need to rethink the things you say, one day you may hurt someone

you are entitled to you own beliefs of course.

my post is accurate for the UK, where both cj and i live.... Entps are a tiny proportion of the population as they are in most population. female ones even more rare.

i don't dissagree on the acting also bein an introverted thing, but i do have a different relationship with CJ than you do and there was nothing judgemental in my post

you know you really should think the finger pointing thing through again or someone may just point out its bullying.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
If ..

IN = introvert.
ES = extravert.
EN/IS = ambivert.

What is the number of the types?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

It's probably because they're not focusing on reaching the goal, once you state the definition, the argument is over. I think it might be more of a perciever thing you know, sitting back and gathering more information than necessary.

You've probably seen this introvert/extravert definition thing happen sooooo damned much around here BC that it has become annoying and you're getting sensitive to it. That dual defintion is gonna hang around MBTI until it fades into history and replaced by socionics... with their subtly different introvertim and extravertim *shakes head at the near pointless difference of two letters*

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
^Oh, well I have no idea how many years he has, but I'm 22. Does age make ENTPs more confident? It seems like age would help them learn to tone it down a bit and ultimately appear more timid.

17! 18 on sunday woo hoo!!!!!!!!!:party2:

Yeah definatly as I only really considered I might be an E just over a year ago and from others accounts thats pretty early!

CJ99

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hi

In the Uk they are a tiny propotion of the population, and if your in your gap year you may not be picking them out.

You do acting and such - how can you possibly say you are not a strong extrovert? LOL thats more extrovert than any female ENTP I know....

I'd say I was medium extrovert in company when I was 18 - If I new people well, but I'd also have periods of introvertion too, when I felt out of sorts socially, I hated clubbing

You would be suprised at the amount of Introverts in drama tink! Its more about confidence than I/E though that confidence comes easier to E a lot of the time I've got quite a few mates who are confident Introverts and enjoy the freedom it gives to sort of be E without having to open yourself up. They open up the character instead.

Though yeah most drama Introverts are quite sociable by introvert standards to be fair. Its confidence with stage there are introverts that can dominate that stage but they generally do it by being damn fucking good at their role rather than by being showy or in your face! (which in many ways makes them better for certain roles)

Yeah same I know some people and I'm mates with all the guys on my scheme who are around the same age but I can be quite introverted as well. Like I sometimes get really nervous about going into new depts to look for people I don't know! Then I'm fine and everyones really helpful! Its actually easier to deal with pricks cause then that "don't fuck with me bitch" thing all ETs do kicks into action!:devil:

CJ99

MBTI Type
ENTP
my post is accurate for the UK, where both cj and i live.... Entps are a tiny proportion of the population as they are in most population. female ones even more rare.
Theres a few more in scotland than the rest of the UK though!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
you are entitled to you own beliefs of course.

i don't dissagree on the acting also bein an introverted thing, but i do have a different relationship with CJ than you do and there was nothing judgemental in my post

you know you really should think the finger pointing thing through again or someone may just point out its bullying.

Answered like a true Rational.

What I havent gotten is how my relationship to CJ does change the general facts I said.

I didnt want to bully you, I am just allergic to people who make assumptions without the ability to prove it factually anyhow. Meaning, even if you'ld know every single person in the UK personally, you still have to type them right.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
You would be suprised at the amount of Introverts in drama tink! Its more about confidence than I/E though that confidence comes easier to E a lot of the time I've got quite a few mates who are confident Introverts and enjoy the freedom it gives to sort of be E without having to open yourself up. They open up the character instead.

Though yeah most drama Introverts are quite sociable by introvert standards to be fair. Its confidence with stage there are introverts that can dominate that stage but they generally do it by being damn fucking good at their role rather than by being showy or in your face! (which in many ways makes them better for certain roles)

Yeah same I know some people and I'm mates with all the guys on my scheme who are around the same age but I can be quite introverted as well. Like I sometimes get really nervous about going into new depts to look for people I don't know! Then I'm fine and everyones really helpful! Its actually easier to deal with pricks cause then that "don't fuck with me bitch" thing all ETs do kicks into action!:devil:

Gosh you are younger than I thought you were, I thought you were on a gap year from uni, OK it's school :D LOL you had me there...

Loved the bold bits above. :D

Ok so you are anot as E as I had you pegged over the summer, and I'm right the women on the board are largely a bit older than you are. I think ENTPs have an interesting transition time.... I was very much figuring out if I was going to be an E or an I took me a while, and I was really trying to break out of my shell.

ENTP women are half as common as men in the Uk.

The data is too small to say If Scotland has an over representation of ENTPs or not, sorry :D

Have a great birthday, you going out to do some serious carnage?

Test of a Glasgow hard man - 8 pints of heavy and a Vindaloo :D

Have fun

L

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Answered like a true Rational.

What I havent gotten is how my relationship to CJ does change the general facts I said.

I didnt want to bully you, I am just allergic to people who make assumptions without the ability to prove it factually anyhow. Meaning, even if you'ld know every single person in the UK personally, you still have to type them right.

Are you saying I ought to be ashamed of being a rationalist - or make me uncomfortable being myself? Hmm again with the personal-ness (stick to the issues)

My point about CJ is that I made a comment about him being younger than ENTP women on the board because I knew he was likely to be - so I knew he was unlike yo take offense.

Also I have done some primary research on MBTI (nat rep sample size in excess of 1000, so yes large enoguh to inference) and I can say what the % of the population is likely to be, even if I hadn't done this, there is plenty of online statistics which pretty much stack up in the same way. So i'm not really off the bat.

If you have issue with opinion discuss why your views are different, don't make it personal.

CJ99

MBTI Type
ENTP
Gosh you are younger than I thought you were, I thought you were on a gap year from uni, OK it's school :D LOL you had me there...

Loved the bold bits above. :D

Ok so you are anot as E as I had you pegged over the summer, and I'm right the women on the board are largely a bit older than you are. I think ENTPs have an interesting transition time.... I was very much figuring out if I was going to be an E or an I took me a while, and I was really trying to break out of my shell.

ENTP women are half as common as men in the Uk.

The data is too small to say If Scotland has an over representation of ENTPs or not, sorry :D

Have a great birthday, you going out to do some serious carnage?

Test of a Glasgow hard man - 8 pints of heavy and a Vindaloo :D

Have fun

L

Yeap still the baby of the forum!! Probably part of the reason you though me more E if you thought I was older!

Yeah I'm still going through that transition and in a pretty interesting situation while I'm doing it!

True thats just my personal experience. The cool geek is rather common here!

Half way party for the two week long panto i'm in! hijacking it as my 18th! Opening Night was last night it was great! though not getting to bed till 11.30 then getting up for work at 6am every day while doing it ain't so great! but work hard play hard!:cool:

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Next to an introvert, I can look extroverted. But I look introverted next to every extrovert I know. They just talk and talk.

Yes, that's it. I don't know, if this problem is just a problem of female ENTPs.

ENTPs generally talk seldom, because their (often) abstract approach to reality is not well-accepted in every social area. But if someone ask them something they tend to explode in passion :D

I knew a female ENTP. She was really dominant, when she was new in her group, and well-accepted (but that was a group of mathmaticians). That was one year ago. Now, when I see her, I just see her alone, not connected with the people.

Another female ENTP I know is very crazy. Flirting, tease others, but is getting really female sometimes. She seems to be really confident with her female part. But I don't know, if she was getting isolated too because of her behavior. An INTP friend called her a "mad chick", with some negative undertone.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you are only more introverted if you are tired of being bored and feeling like a crazy person when you are interacting with others. or if you are tempered with sp.

in a group of Ns, you'll talk. and a lot. the only limitation will be your short-term memory and the self-interruptions that will make you forget where you were going. you can either embrace it and just talk more + faster, or you can wait a bit, pause a bit, and let it all congeal.

with my entp friend, i talk more than he does, generally. yet, as the group grows, he talks more, i talk less (it's drastic and immediate). he's easier going than i am, and he knows when we're talking i have my shit worked out. we both benefit immensely from the experience, i tighten up the ideas and see their inner workings, he actualizes them into material concrete ideas. it's pretty fucking awesome.

entp females are socially weirder than enfp females, obviously, bc they don't relate in a traditionally female (F) way. they're weirder than intjs and entjs bc they are fucking crazy in both work and play, whereas entjs are just weird in play, they're straight Te which america loves and respects (even if they're raging bitches, socially speaking). intj females take their time and can blend more easily, deep down they're just total fucking geeks.

the largest problem in this entire discussion is just N. the S expectations greatly muddy the water, S types generally (generally!) are much more in-touch with their bodies, and F types spend far more energy trying to make themselves feel good about themselves. Pe is a different kind of energy than Pi, and is both a potential strength and a weakness when viewed in terms of gender expectations (whereas for men, Pe is generally seen as an advantage unless your mom is eisenhowerian). these all create a huge complex mish-mash of social-gender expectations, and even more so, competitions. but, in my own experience, nt women are, for the most part, very good at dealing with this. i generally learn how to move on, accept the situation as it is, and make the best of it directly from them. stps are generally far more competitive and identify so much of themselves purely in terms of their image (possible e3s?). nt women get over this, yet they still struggle at overcompensating and completely rejecting traditional standards, or adopting entirely aggro-male perspectives that seem to be a shitty approach for either gender (blatant bias), or trying to bend too much in a way that ultimately feels inauthentic and draws them away from their best selves.

as N doms, maintenance and image-conformity and long-term distance-running seem so exhausting, spiritually, to our desire for new fresh etc. withering possibilities, a tight schedule, they're good in theory but eliminating choices, taking a loan out on the future/possibility, is enough to kill.

balanced e/i is so far from a bad thing, you should take it as a compliment.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeap still the baby of the forum!! Probably part of the reason you though me more E if you thought I was older!

Yeah I'm still going through that transition and in a pretty interesting situation while I'm doing it!

True thats just my personal experience. The cool geek is rather common here!

Half way party for the two week long panto i'm in! hijacking it as my 18th! Opening Night was last night it was great! though not getting to bed till 11.30 then getting up for work at 6am every day while doing it ain't so great! but work hard play hard!:cool:

Hardly a baby, I wasn't particularly consious of your age over the summer - hence ou could easily have been 3-4 years older... such is the web.

I think my perception of your E-ness was probably a inkling youw ere pretty confident, which may or may not have been true.

Are you going on to Uni/Further Ed? It's a bit of a gentler way of hitting the work force.

It seems you are finding working life a bit of a chore, sadly most of us live like this for 40 years or more. :) Ought not to scare you... it does get better, and you will get better at juggling the different facets of your life.

Geeks can be very cool, love that youa re in a pantomime they look really fun to take part in. Hope it goes well. It's a great hobby to have - any aspirations to do it as a career?

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
you are only more introverted if you are tired of being bored and feeling like a crazy person when you are interacting with others. or if you are tempered with sp.

in a group of Ns, you'll talk. and a lot. the only limitation will be your short-term memory and the self-interruptions that will make you forget where you were going. you can either embrace it and just talk more + faster, or you can wait a bit, pause a bit, and let it all congeal.

with my entp friend, i talk more than he does, generally. yet, as the group grows, he talks more, i talk less (it's drastic and immediate). he's easier going than i am, and he knows when we're talking i have my shit worked out. we both benefit immensely from the experience, i tighten up the ideas and see their inner workings, he actualizes them into material concrete ideas. it's pretty fucking awesome.

entp females are socially weirder than enfp females, obviously, bc they don't relate in a traditionally female (F) way. they're weirder than intjs and entjs bc they are fucking crazy in both work and play, whereas entjs are just weird in play, they're straight Te which america loves and respects (even if they're raging bitches, socially speaking). intj females take their time and can blend more easily, deep down they're just total fucking geeks.

the largest problem in this entire discussion is just N. the S expectations greatly muddy the water, S types generally (generally!) are much more in-touch with their bodies, and F types spend far more energy trying to make themselves feel good about themselves. Pe is a different kind of energy than Pi, and is both a potential strength and a weakness when viewed in terms of gender expectations (whereas for men, Pe is generally seen as an advantage unless your mom is eisenhowerian). these all create a huge complex mish-mash of social-gender expectations, and even more so, competitions. but, in my own experience, nt women are, for the most part, very good at dealing with this. i generally learn how to move on, accept the situation as it is, and make the best of it directly from them. stps are generally far more competitive and identify so much of themselves purely in terms of their image (possible e3s?). nt women get over this, yet they still struggle at overcompensating and completely rejecting traditional standards, or adopting entirely aggro-male perspectives that seem to be a shitty approach for either gender (blatant bias), or trying to bend too much in a way that ultimately feels inauthentic and draws them away from their best selves.

as N doms, maintenance and image-conformity and long-term distance-running seem so exhausting, spiritually, to our desire for new fresh etc. withering possibilities, a tight schedule, they're good in theory but eliminating choices, taking a loan out on the future/possibility, is enough to kill.

balanced e/i is so far from a bad thing, you should take it as a compliment.

I like this post a lot :yes:

CJ99

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hardly a baby, I wasn't particularly consious of your age over the summer - hence ou could easily have been 3-4 years older... such is the web.

I think my perception of your E-ness was probably a inkling youw ere pretty confident, which may or may not have been true.

Are you going on to Uni/Further Ed? It's a bit of a gentler way of hitting the work force.

It seems you are finding working life a bit of a chore, sadly most of us live like this for 40 years or more. :) Ought not to scare you... it does get better, and you will get better at juggling the different facets of your life.

Geeks can be very cool, love that youa re in a pantomime they look really fun to take part in. Hope it goes well. It's a great hobby to have - any aspirations to do it as a career?

Relativity!

Yeah Maths as St Andrews hopefully!

Yeah its brilliant but no I'm not that good yet! Depends how involved I get at Uni If get really in to it Its a very small possibility!

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP

the.

Loved your post - esp the bold bits.

I would say ENFP women are OK socially, I do feel I'm weird, but then I've long since come to terms with that.

:)

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Relativity!

Yeah Maths as St Andrews hopefully!

Yeah its brilliant but no I'm not that good yet! Depends how involved I get at Uni If get really in to it Its a very small possibility!

Wooo who's a cleaver kipper.... Maths, St Andrews - V posh..... Hmmmm you don't want to let the SJ's know that you are into maths :)

Good luck with that, St A is suppose to be really good.

I would have thought a Uni of that caliber is likely to have a cood drama society. It really sounds like a cool outlet for you.

L