• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Are female ENTPs less "extroverted"?

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
This.
If "socializing" means talking nonsense, determining the quantum mechanical probability of an ESTJ running through a wall (very small, you've got to incorporate the probability an ESTJ would do such a wacky thing),... I'm your woman.

:rofl1:

About women ENTPs wanting to fit the girly caringing stereotype...
I had the opposite problem. I was NOT A GIRL. I was so determined to not be a girl that I suppressed anything that looked like it.
Don't worry. I've embraced my Fe again :hug:

I wouldn't say that I want to fit the girly stereotype; quite the contrary, actually. I don't desire to be viewed as a typical "girly-girl." However, I have realized, via my Fe and Si, that in certain situations, acting like a more "normal" girl is more conducive to being accepted and not pissing people off, especially around SJs and strong F-type females. It's shitty, but it's a facet of my reality unfortunately...

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
My least favorite variety of this is: let's come up with things that don't actually bother us and complain about them anyway, blowing them out of proportion, just to fill the conversational void.

Amen to that sistah. I need more NTP women in my life methinks...

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Several answers:

In a group, it depends on the makeup of the group. A small group with a few people I know in it, and a few I don't? I generally work myself in quietly, and just act myself for the most part.

In a larger group of people I don't really know, like joining a new forum, or game, or whotever? I tend to go in loud and act like I own the place, once yeur foot's in the door, yeu can relax afterwards.

Both are very awkward for me though, I deal very well with meeting people but underneath I'm scared to the core. The "fake extrovert" is probably the best way I've seen it described really, I LOOK very outgoing, but I'm really not XD

Now in terms of actual definition of extroversion, as in the thought process of explaining things externally? Yes, totally extroverted... but in terms of social situations, I'm a happy hermit, I like living alone, doing solitary work, avoiding groups, etc. As someone semi recently said to me, I view people as tools and objects; things to get whot I want, be it entertainment or something else I desire. If yeu have no use, no purpose to me, though I won't hold a grudge against yeu or hate yeu or anything, at the same time... I really wouldn't care if yeu fell off the end of the earth and died either. If yeu do not provide direct benefit to me in some form or another, yeu are a nameless face of which I have zero attachment to.

As for gender in general... I've grown very picky about it over the years. From back in like the oooooold days of like starcraft/diablo back when I played online and online gaming was fairly new... and female gamers were pretty rare, I learned very quickly to absolutely hate being given freebies. I generally avoid mentioning reference to my gender if possible most of the time, and try to downplay it at every opportunity. Gender means very little to me... after much study of both males and females, honestly, I think both are retarded, and the whole 'gender wars' thing that goes on is foolish. I'd rather have no part on either side of it XD

The stuff people said about friends pretty much matches for me as well. Make acquaintances incredibly easily... have tons of 'people I know', but very few I really consider 'friends'. I have... maybe 1 I trust implicitly, 2-4 others that are quite close, a few others I consider friends but semi distant, and the rest are like 'I know yeu exist', which's my limit there XD

Also oddly enough... almost all my friends are male, and all the close ones are. I dunno, easier to relate to them usually? Talking about 'girly' stuff like clothing, boys, etc, is pretty boring to me >.> Have the odd female friend but they're not really close, just don't mesh well I guess for a variety of reasons. The whole sense of humour thing is likely the largest culprit. Don't think too many women appreciate my style of humour... ah well whot can yeu do XD

I dunno, in terms of the question asked; the normal 'belief' of whot extroverted means, I'd say that yeah, I'm highly introverted in that way. In terms of the MBTI definition of extroversion, it's quite different from the accepted belief, in that case I'm pretty highly extroverted. All depends on the definition.

paintmuffin

MBTI Type
eNTP
Right, well, I agree with 99% of the things said here. One thing I can't relate to is having mostly male friends -- I have 8ish close friends total and only 2 of them are guys. And... I enjoy "girl talk" in reasonable amounts. But to tell the truth, I can probably be more honest with my guy friends than I can be with even my bestest girlfriends.

I think NT + Tertiary Fe + society's standards for women => one very awkward, socially insecure chick.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Right, well, I agree with 99% of the things said here. One thing I can't relate to is having mostly male friends -- I have 8ish close friends total and only 2 of them are guys.

You're not alone in that, most of my close friends over the years have females, I have a different kind of friendship with guys, there's a necessary distance that I've been (unfortunately) continually reminded that I should keep unless they're gay. Every now and again a guy that I totally click with and have no romantic interest in comes along but then the people around us start whispering and suggesting that there must be something more going on and things get a bit weird, either that or they want to take things further. It's easier with chicks, xSTP chicks especially, they're teh bestest! :wub:

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think NT + Tertiary Fe + society's standards for women => one very awkward, socially insecure chick.
I agree with this one. The first time I felt truly at ease in a social situation, it was in my first year of university with a bunch of other nerds physics and math students. I was like - whaw! I can be interested in physics without being out of line here. I can be good at science without feeling I'm overwhelming other people. I don't have to talk about boys or pop music or television programs in order to be accepted.
That helped me A LOT. Now I can be comfortable around other people too, without trying to hide myself. Fe -> :hug: <- Tamske

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Next to an introvert, I can look extroverted. But I look introverted next to every extrovert I know. They just talk and talk.
Story of my life.

I think ENPs are just kinda introverted due to the strength and power of their secondary function.

We are pensive, and introspective extroverts, hence we need and like time alone, i.e. solitude, as well as enjoy taking in our environments. :)

(Not only emitting our thoughts and feelings all over them :p)

SerengetiBetty

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
nope, at least not for me .

i'm never really concerned with what stereotypes or gender roles i may or may not be fitting into. i think it's kind of lame to base your actions or thoughts based on what you think society might expect from you as a woman; we are living in the 21st century arent we? i find it completely uninteresting that women are still feeling the need to prove that they can be XX chromosomes and like science, enjoy math, play sports, build a bookcase, drive a car or whatever the case may be. to me that signals that a woman somehow thinks that she shouldnt be able to do those things.

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
I watched a BBC program, Dawn French interviewing other comidiennes and some of them were ENTP. And they talk about how they toned down the funny around guys, especially the funny guy. Men generally feel threatened by funny women, personally I can't relate I think funny and or a 'male' streak is a good thing. In fact one of them said she didn't hide any of it and found someone who appreciated it.

-the show is on YouTube if you're interested.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I watched a BBC program, Dawn French interviewing other comidiennes and some of them were ENTP. And they talk about how they toned down the funny around guys, especially the funny guy. Men generally feel threatened by funny women, personally I can't relate I think funny and or a 'male' streak is a good thing. In fact one of them said she didn't hide any of it and found someone who appreciated it.

In regards to the bold, really? I mean, my best friend from high school has always been really funny and I never noticed men acting as though they were threatened by her.

Also, one of my ex-boyfriends was always getting crushes on famous comediennes, like Anna Farris or Sarah Silverman, for example.

So I'm not too sure about this "funny women" theory. I'm not a guy, but still.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't think most people know what on earth to make of ENTPs, much less female ENTPs. I suppose this could lead to them learning to back off and be a little more cautious than male ENTPs would have to, due to gender expectations.

TickTock

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Well this is coming from comics. It may also depend on the circles you move in.

It's worth watching the show, if you're interested. Julie Walters was good - ESFP and Tracey Ullman seemed very ENTP. Dawn French is ENFJ I think, maybe P. I think it's called, dawn french girls do comedy.

SerengetiBetty

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

i could see this happening. my experience has been that some men think that me being funny/teasing with them means that i'm sexually attracted to them. i think that any guy who's threatened by the fact that my natural cockyfunny is better than his store bought cockyfunny is probably really easily threatened anyway, so why internalize his lack of self-esteem to make yourself smaller?

this is slightly off -topic from the OP, but related to above.i find it interesting that when i was younger i was told by people (mainly women) that 99.99% of my personality traits, habits, likes, etc would scare away men, but for every 1 i scare aware there's at least 1 more who are more than happy to be put up with my BS. :smile:

i think this just goes to show that a lot of women have no idea what men want and lay all kinds of ridiculous expectations on themselves and their daughters about how to successfully trap a man. :doh:

plus let's be honest, most women who complain about their inability to find a man being because they intimidate men are usually just ignoring some other reason why they are unattractive,and find it easier to use the nebulous "threaten" as the reason why they go dateless. this is of course assuming that they aren't pulling out guns or sharp knives on the first date and giving the guy ultimatums.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well this is coming from comics. It may also depend on the circles you move in.

It's worth watching the show, if you're interested. Julie Walters was good - ESFP and Tracey Ullman seemed very ENTP. Dawn French is ENFJ I think, maybe P. I think it's called, dawn french girls do comedy.

I would watch it. I like Dawn French and Tracey Ullman. Have no idea who Julie Walters is.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i could see this happening. my experience has been that some men think that me being funny/teasing with them means that i'm sexually attracted to them. i think that any guy who's threatened by the fact that my natural cockyfunny is better than his store bought cockyfunny is probably really easily threatened anyway, so why internalize his lack of self-esteem to make yourself smaller?

this is slightly off -topic from the OP, but related to above.i find it interesting that when i was younger i was told by people (mainly women) that 99.99% of my personality traits, habits, likes, etc would scare away men, but for every 1 i scare aware there's at least 1 more who are more than happy to be put up with my BS. :smile:

i think this just goes to show that a lot of women have no idea what men want and lay all kinds of ridiculous expectations on themselves and their daughters about how to successfully trap a man. :doh:

Yeah my ESFJ mom told me I would scare away all the women, but it hasn't really worked out like that. "Women are going to want a good family man with a traditional career who can support them while they raise kids!"

Awwww, Mom! :wubbie:

TickTock

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Very true. Not only are you being authentic but there is more merit in filling a niche rather than being generic. Like being Ginger. :D

SerengetiBetty

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Yeah my ESFJ mom told me I would scare away all the women, but it hasn't really worked out like that. "Women are going to want a good family man with a traditional career who can support them while they raise kids!"

Awwww, Mom! :wubbie:

ewww .. YAWN.... these are the type of guys who come on dates ready to rattle off their resumes as if you're on a job interview. :doh:

TickTock

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
ewww .. YAWN.... these are the type of guys who come on dates ready to rattle off their resumes as if you're on a job interview. :doh:

Worse than this is the amount of first date, tragi-history tales I hear (I work in a bar). If it doesn't start serious it ends that way.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

I went out on a date once with a guy who actually said more than once during the same meal "a day without work is a wasted day."

I was utterly terrified.