User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 114

  1. #71
    Senior Member Cypocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    4w5/
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Does it matter what definition of extraversion/introversion that we're using?

    Consider the dualities:
    Consideration of external environment versus consideration of internal world

    Outgoing and sociable versus socially inihibited

    Extroverted function (e.g., Ne) versus the Introverted function (e.g. Ti)

    These three dualities aren't exactly mutually exclusive definitions. To a certain extent, we can have a certain degree of liberty in using any of these three at will.

    ________________

    For example, an ENTP is typically aware that asserting Ti statements can be antisocial, so he might consider refraining using it in a social setting, and act more laid back, making it more conducive for Ne growth.

    This statement fits the three definitions. I don't think we should necessarily be so anal about the precise definition of the I/E duality. In the first place, MBTI itself aint that precise.

  2. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    I dunno that female ENTPs are less extroverted, as in loud, social, chatty etc, than male ENTPs as I'm not a male ENTP, I do relate to what you wrote though.

    I feel as though I've repressed a lot of my inherent behaviour because it's not socially acceptable for a female. What I've experienced my whole life is this:
    - Do something that isn't feminine but is totally me; get pushed down by others.
    - Do something that is considered feminine but isn't me; get praised.

    People have good intensions but what it means is I'm encouraged and supported when I'm not myself, this means a lot of the time I smile politely and just do what others expect a gal to do even though I know it's not me, it results in me being quieter particularly around new people who haven't yet shown me if they would accept the real me or want to see the socially acceptable me.

    Over the years I've become more and more aware of doing this and more aware of the little innocent things others say to me that suggest the real me isn't acceptable and stopped myself from presenting the image they want to see, but there's still a lot of things I do such as put up a guard and socially accepted image until I get to know someone.
    Yep.

    To the bolded, for me noticing this has lead me to being quieter over time so it looks like I'm more introverted to new people.

  3. #73
    Geolectric teslashock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Posts
    1,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CJ99 View Post
    I've never met a female ENTP in real life but I've always got the impression from the female ENTPs on here that they're actuallly more extravated than the males. Certainly a bit more confident in themselves and have a bit more attitude and style about them than a male the same age.
    Well it's pretty easy to appear bold, aggressive, confident, and witty on an internet forum. There's no real-world consequences here. Maybe we are just Ne-rampaging online because of the liberty that is offered here more than in most other social contexts. It's not socially acceptable for us to be bitches in the real world, so we have to let it out some how

  4. #74
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    Well it's pretty easy to appear bold, aggressive, confident, and witty on an internet forum. There's no real-world consequences here. Maybe we are just Ne-rampaging online because of the liberty that is offered here more than in most other social contexts. It's not socially acceptable for us to be bitches in the real world, so we have to let it out some how
    pst... I think the online version are a weeny bit older than he is....

  5. #75
    Geolectric teslashock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Posts
    1,690

    Default

    ^Oh, well I have no idea how many years he has, but I'm 22. Does age make ENTPs more confident? It seems like age would help them learn to tone it down a bit and ultimately appear more timid.

  6. #76
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    ^Oh, well I have no idea how many years he has, but I'm 22. Does age make ENTPs more confident? It seems like age would help them learn to tone it down a bit and ultimately appear more timid.
    nagh I'd say life does, not sure what the age range is for female ENTPs on the site, but I'd say there was a fair range....

    I'd also say a fair few were really confident and not just internet confident....

    I'd say you were probably proper confident...

  7. #77
    Geolectric teslashock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Posts
    1,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    nagh I'd say life does, not sure what the age range is for female ENTPs on the site, but I'd say there was a fair range....

    I'd also say a fair few were really confident and not just internet confident....

    I'd say you were probably proper confident...
    Yeah, I'm no more or less confident irl than I am on this forum. I was just trying to offer a decent counterargument to his claim about female ENTPs on the forum.

  8. #78
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    To be honest I think that people are falling into a trap here when it comes to this entire ENxP introverted thing.

    ENxPs that are less extroverted will be like this. While strongly extroverted ENxP will not relate. However since this is a internet forum strongly extroverted ENxP are much less likely to come here and post. If nothing that would be because they have a too short attention span for "real foruming". Plus they have confidance in their social skills while that is less correct for Ne-doms that are low in E , what in the end places them in non-plesant position. Which is because they still need people quite a bit but they have comunication problems especially since they get outspoken in converstions easily.

    So in the end it looks like that Ne-doms are not that much social which is simply because we have misleading sample of Ne-doms on the forum.


    Also since the general atmosphere on the forum is like this a number of INxPs now thinks that they are ENxPs. What simply isn't true.


    (this post is generalization )
    I think you have your definitions confused, as a result of MBTI not coining its own phrases. I use extraverted intuition, which is still a relatively introverted, observational function. I am also extroverted in the general sense but I rarely like dealing with people. I am confident and bold and daring. I constantly do things on my own because most people tend to slow me down and I don't talk much to people, so I appear to be very introverted in the MBTI sense and in the general sense.

    But truth be told, I am indeed an extrovert. I just choose to be quiet and observe people., rather than engage them until I feel like participating. I don't speak just to speak.

    And I use the internet constantly. Currently, I am at a table with 3 friends and 6 kids - I am maintaining a conversation with each person individually (including each child) while I am typing this on my phone. This is how my Ne manifests - juggling many things at once, rather than just being "social". So your internet theory may not hold water.


    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Yeah, but other people don't know that.

    And it just occurred to me that you Ns don't really care too much about getting your terms straight, and discuss things like this while having a hazy definition; but knowing what you're talking about. So whatever, you all know what you're talking about. It's just an annoying misunderstanding of what it is is all.
    This is a very annoying statement, especially coming from you - a self proclaimed N until just recently.

    Being an N has nothing to do with getting terms straight. Any S or N can speak with haziness if they don't have a good grasp on what they are speaking about. As a matter of fact, MBTI teaches that Ti users are among the most precise of the types. Many examples are given of Ti users studying specialized dictionaries just for fun as children. I did that as well. Precision in language is very important to me, and I am most definitely an N.

  9. #79
    Geolectric teslashock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Posts
    1,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I think you have your definitions confused, as a result of MBTI not coining its own phrases. I use extraverted intuition, which is still a relatively introverted, observational function. I am also extroverted in the general sense but I rarely like dealing with people. I am confident and bold and daring. I constantly do things on my own because most people tend to slow me down and I don't talk much to people, so I appear to be very introverted in the MBTI sense and in the general sense.

    But truth be told, I am indeed an extrovert. I just choose to be quiet and observe people., rather than engage them until I feel like participating. I don't speak just to speak.

    And I use the internet constantly. Currently, I am at a table with 3 friends and 6 kids - I am maintaining a conversation with each person individually (including each child) while I am typing this on my phone. This is how my Ne manifests - juggling many things at once, rather than just being "social". So your internet theory may not hold water.
    Agreed...




    This is a very annoying statement, especially coming from you - a self proclaimed N until just recently.

    Being an N has nothing to do with getting terms straight. Any S or N can speak with haziness if they don't have a good grasp on what they are speaking about. As a matter of fact, MBTI teaches that Ti users are among the most precise of the types. Many examples are given of Ti users studying specialized dictionaries just for fun as children. I did that as well. Precision in language is very important to me, and I am most definitely an N.
    ...and double agreed. Language and word choice are two of the few things through which I express my perfectionism.

  10. #80
    Senior Member tinkerbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CJ99 View Post
    I've never met a female ENTP in real life but I've always got the impression from the female ENTPs on here that they're actuallly more extravated than the males. Certainly a bit more confident in themselves and have a bit more attitude and style about them than a male the same age.
    Hi

    In the Uk they are a tiny propotion of the population, and if your in your gap year you may not be picking them out.

    You do acting and such - how can you possibly say you are not a strong extrovert? LOL thats more extrovert than any female ENTP I know....

    I'd say I was medium extrovert in company when I was 18 - If I new people well, but I'd also have periods of introvertion too, when I felt out of sorts socially, I hated clubbing

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTP] ENTP Personality Traits - Female ENTPs v Male ENTPs
    By miss fortune in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 234
    Last Post: 05-14-2015, 12:08 PM
  2. [ENTP] Are any ENTPs actually interested in being vulnerable?
    By StarsPer in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 05-08-2014, 06:28 AM
  3. [ENTP] Who are you ENTPs
    By Chris_in_Orbit in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 06-27-2011, 11:00 PM
  4. [ENTP] Seeking a real female ENTP to talk to
    By murkrow in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 06-09-2009, 11:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO