First 56789 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I went out on a date once with a guy who actually said more than once during the same meal "a day without work is a wasted day."

I was utterly terrified.
    ENTJs would probably find that dreamy XD
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

To be honest I think that people are falling into a trap here when it comes to this entire ENxP introverted thing.

ENxPs that are less extroverted will be like this. While strongly extroverted ENxP will not relate. However since this is a internet forum strongly extroverted ENxP are much less likely to come here and post. If nothing that would be because they have a too short attention span for "real foruming". Plus they have confidance in their social skills while that is less correct for Ne-doms that are low in E , what in the end places them in non-plesant position. Which is because they still need people quite a bit but they have comunication problems especially since they get outspoken in converstions easily.

So in the end it looks like that Ne-doms are not that much social which is simply because we have misleading sample of Ne-doms on the forum.

Also since the general atmosphere on the forum is like this a number of INxPs now thinks that they are ENxPs. What simply isn't true.

(this post is generalization )

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    To be honest I think that people are falling into a trap here when it comes to this entire ENxP introverted thing.

ENxPs that are less extroverted will be like this. While strongly extroverted ENxP will not relate. However since this is a internet forum strongly extroverted ENxP are much less likely to come here and post. If nothing that would be because they have a too short attention span for "real foruming". Plus they have confidance in their social skills while that is less correct for Ne-doms that are low in E , what in the end places them in non-plesant position. Which is because they still need people quite a bit but they have comunication problems especially since they get outspoken in converstions easily.

So in the end it looks like that Ne-doms are not that much social which is simply because we have misleading sample of Ne-doms on the forum.

Also since the general atmosphere on the forum is like this a number of INxPs now thinks that they are ENxPs. What simply isn't true. (this post is generalization )
    Perhaps the sample pool is slightly skewed, but you may be drawing an unfair conclusion. Being extroverted does not make one less prone to spending time on the computer. Even extroverts have downtime. I manage to find time to post on this forum, check my email, browse other sites, talk to friends online, and even play computer games, but I still am out and about with people very frequently.

I'm sure that there are many very introverted people on this forum and that many introverts use foruming as a replacement for social interaction. However, I still think it's kind of stretching it to correlate foruming with introversion to such an extent that it would more than marginally skew the sample pool.

I'll also make the claim that extroverts would rather enjoy foruming because it offers quick and expansive social interaction; you get to "meet" people from all walks of life and talk to them about interesting things. Sure, it's not person-to-person interaction, but it's a decent substitute for socializing especially at 1 AM on a Tuesday night or while cramped up in your cubicle during a boring conference call.

(unnecessary afterword: this post is a generalization too)

Anyway, back to ENTP girlies. I think that was the original topic. We rock, right?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

God, no one knows what extroversion actually means. Being outgoing and social isn't extroversion. That's just what it is, being outgoing and social. Anyone can do that, it's measured by different means.

I made a post to help out an ENTP because he didn't relate to being an "extrovert," here it is-

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...63-post26.html

Relevant thread- http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ertedness.html
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    God, no one knows what extroversion actually means. Being outgoing and social isn't extroversion. That's just what it is, being outgoing and social. Anyone can do that, it's measured by different means.
    Ok, so extroversion is one being concerned with their external environment (physical and social). Then is it so far-fetched to claim that this concern can be manifested by interacting with people? Sure, it's not the only way to express extroversion, but it is one of the primary ways. ENTPs are a bit different from other Es because they manifest their extroversion in other ways due to the mentally-guided Ne, but they still tend to communicate this Ne with others in a social way.

One of the primary behavioral differences I've noticed between ENTPs and INTPs is that INTPs overanalyze their Ne-induced thoughts and convince themselves that expressing these thoughts would be too awkward and crazy to mesh well with the group at hand. However, for ENTPs, Ne overpowers the introverted analytical Ti so much that they just say "fuck it" and don't care so much about appearing "crazy." The more E one is, the less likely they are to "hold back", so to speak.

I don't think it's inherently wrong to preach that social people are extroverted and non-social people are introverted, as this is the general pattern found. So long as we are also able to realize that extroversion is not always synonymous with gregarious, talkative, boisterous, etc.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    Ok, so extroversion is one being concerned with their external environment (physical and social). Then is it so far-fetched to claim that this concern can be manifested by interacting with people? Sure, it's not the only way to express extroversion, but it is one of the primary ways. ENTPs are a bit different from other Es because they manifest their extroversion in other ways due to the mentally-guided Ne, but they still tend to communicate this Ne with others in a social way.
    Yeah, but other people don't know that.

And it just occurred to me that you Ns don't really care too much about getting your terms straight, and discuss things like this while having a hazy definition; but knowing what you're talking about. So whatever, you all know what you're talking about. It's just an annoying misunderstanding of what it is is all.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    eNTP

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    One of the primary behavioral differences I've noticed between ENTPs and INTPs is that INTPs overanalyze their Ne-induced thoughts and convince themselves that expressing these thoughts would be too awkward and crazy to mesh well with the group at hand.
    Oh? I'd think that Fe in ENTPs would create a similar effect to some extent. Because that happens to me all the time when I'm around the wrong people. Am I really INTP? Effff.
    A colleague of the great scientist James Watson remarked that Watson was always “lounging around, arguing about problems instead of doing experiments.” He concluded that “There is more than one way of doing good science.”
    It was Watson’s form of idleness, the scientist went on to say, that allowed him to solve “the greatest of all biological problems: the discovery of the structure of DNA.” It's a point worth remembering in a society overly concerned with efficiency.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by paintmuffin View Post
    Oh? I'd think that Fe in ENTPs would create a similar effect to some extent. Because that happens to me all the time when I'm around the wrong people. Am I really INTP? Effff.
    Heh this happens to me too, and I'm definitely not INTP. And you're right, I would definitely say it's an Fe thing. Fe makes us (especially us ladies, methinks) a lot more wary of what we say and to whom we say it. I think we hold back because we want to keep a social balance in order, but INTPs hold back more because they have just convinced themselves via Ti that their thoughts are just way too nonsensical to be expressed. I don't think it's as much about the social consequences for them as it is about the fact that their thoughts are too crazy for even themselves. I don't know that for sure though; ask an INTP

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

To OP:

*constipated*

NO.
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

I've never met a female ENTP in real life but I've always got the impression from the female ENTPs on here that they're actuallly more extravated than the males. Certainly a bit more confident in themselves and have a bit more attitude and style about them than a male the same age.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!