User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

I don't think most people know what on earth to make of ENTPs, much less female ENTPs. I suppose this could lead to them learning to back off and be a little more cautious than male ENTPs would have to, due to gender expectations.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Well this is coming from comics. It may also depend on the circles you move in.

It's worth watching the show, if you're interested. Julie Walters was good - ESFP and Tracey Ullman seemed very ENTP. Dawn French is ENFJ I think, maybe P. I think it's called, dawn french girls do comedy.
    ~ Truth ~ Freedom ~ Health ~ Love ~ Communication ~ Humor ~ Respect ~

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    I watched a BBC program, Dawn French interviewing other comidiennes and some of them were ENTP. And they talk about how they toned down the funny around guys, especially the funny guy. Men generally feel threatened by funny women, personally I can't relate I think funny and or a 'male' streak is a good thing. In fact one of them said she didn't hide any of it and found someone who appreciated it.

-the show is on YouTube if you're interested.
    i could see this happening. my experience has been that some men think that me being funny/teasing with them means that i'm sexually attracted to them. i think that any guy who's threatened by the fact that my natural cockyfunny is better than his store bought cockyfunny is probably really easily threatened anyway, so why internalize his lack of self-esteem to make yourself smaller?

this is slightly off -topic from the OP, but related to above.i find it interesting that when i was younger i was told by people (mainly women) that 99.99% of my personality traits, habits, likes, etc would scare away men, but for every 1 i scare aware there's at least 1 more who are more than happy to be put up with my BS.

i think this just goes to show that a lot of women have no idea what men want and lay all kinds of ridiculous expectations on themselves and their daughters about how to successfully trap a man.

plus let's be honest, most women who complain about their inability to find a man being because they intimidate men are usually just ignoring some other reason why they are unattractive,and find it easier to use the nebulous "threaten" as the reason why they go dateless. this is of course assuming that they aren't pulling out guns or sharp knives on the first date and giving the guy ultimatums.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    Well this is coming from comics. It may also depend on the circles you move in.

It's worth watching the show, if you're interested. Julie Walters was good - ESFP and Tracey Ullman seemed very ENTP. Dawn French is ENFJ I think, maybe P. I think it's called, dawn french girls do comedy.
    I would watch it. I like Dawn French and Tracey Ullman. Have no idea who Julie Walters is.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by SerengetiBetty View Post
    i could see this happening. my experience has been that some men think that me being funny/teasing with them means that i'm sexually attracted to them. i think that any guy who's threatened by the fact that my natural cockyfunny is better than his store bought cockyfunny is probably really easily threatened anyway, so why internalize his lack of self-esteem to make yourself smaller?

this is slightly off -topic from the OP, but related to above.i find it interesting that when i was younger i was told by people (mainly women) that 99.99% of my personality traits, habits, likes, etc would scare away men, but for every 1 i scare aware there's at least 1 more who are more than happy to be put up with my BS.

i think this just goes to show that a lot of women have no idea what men want and lay all kinds of ridiculous expectations on themselves and their daughters about how to successfully trap a man.
    Yeah my ESFJ mom told me I would scare away all the women, but it hasn't really worked out like that. "Women are going to want a good family man with a traditional career who can support them while they raise kids!"

Awwww, Mom!
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Very true. Not only are you being authentic but there is more merit in filling a niche rather than being generic. Like being Ginger.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I would watch it. I like Dawn French and Tracey Ullman. Have no idea who Julie Walters is.
    I'm sure you'll know her from Harry Potter.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Yeah my ESFJ mom told me I would scare away all the women, but it hasn't really worked out like that. "Women are going to want a good family man with a traditional career who can support them while they raise kids!"

Awwww, Mom!

ewww .. YAWN.... these are the type of guys who come on dates ready to rattle off their resumes as if you're on a job interview.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

ewww .. YAWN.... these are the type of guys who come on dates ready to rattle off their resumes as if you're on a job interview.
    Worse than this is the amount of first date, tragi-history tales I hear (I work in a bar). If it doesn't start serious it ends that way.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I went out on a date once with a guy who actually said more than once during the same meal "a day without work is a wasted day."

I was utterly terrified.