User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    This.
    If "socializing" means talking nonsense, determining the quantum mechanical probability of an ESTJ running through a wall (very small, you've got to incorporate the probability an ESTJ would do such a wacky thing),... I'm your woman.

About women ENTPs wanting to fit the girly caringing stereotype...
    I had the opposite problem. I was NOT A GIRL. I was so determined to not be a girl that I suppressed anything that looked like it.
    Don't worry. I've embraced my Fe again
    I wouldn't say that I want to fit the girly stereotype; quite the contrary, actually. I don't desire to be viewed as a typical "girly-girl." However, I have realized, via my Fe and Si, that in certain situations, acting like a more "normal" girl is more conducive to being accepted and not pissing people off, especially around SJs and strong F-type females. It's shitty, but it's a facet of my reality unfortunately...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    My least favorite variety of this is: let's come up with things that don't actually bother us and complain about them anyway, blowing them out of proportion, just to fill the conversational void.
    Amen to that sistah. I need more NTP women in my life methinks...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Several answers:

In a group, it depends on the makeup of the group. A small group with a few people I know in it, and a few I don't? I generally work myself in quietly, and just act myself for the most part.

In a larger group of people I don't really know, like joining a new forum, or game, or whotever? I tend to go in loud and act like I own the place, once yeur foot's in the door, yeu can relax afterwards.

Both are very awkward for me though, I deal very well with meeting people but underneath I'm scared to the core. The "fake extrovert" is probably the best way I've seen it described really, I LOOK very outgoing, but I'm really not XD

Now in terms of actual definition of extroversion, as in the thought process of explaining things externally? Yes, totally extroverted... but in terms of social situations, I'm a happy hermit, I like living alone, doing solitary work, avoiding groups, etc. As someone semi recently said to me, I view people as tools and objects; things to get whot I want, be it entertainment or something else I desire. If yeu have no use, no purpose to me, though I won't hold a grudge against yeu or hate yeu or anything, at the same time... I really wouldn't care if yeu fell off the end of the earth and died either. If yeu do not provide direct benefit to me in some form or another, yeu are a nameless face of which I have zero attachment to.

As for gender in general... I've grown very picky about it over the years. From back in like the oooooold days of like starcraft/diablo back when I played online and online gaming was fairly new... and female gamers were pretty rare, I learned very quickly to absolutely hate being given freebies. I generally avoid mentioning reference to my gender if possible most of the time, and try to downplay it at every opportunity. Gender means very little to me... after much study of both males and females, honestly, I think both are retarded, and the whole 'gender wars' thing that goes on is foolish. I'd rather have no part on either side of it XD

The stuff people said about friends pretty much matches for me as well. Make acquaintances incredibly easily... have tons of 'people I know', but very few I really consider 'friends'. I have... maybe 1 I trust implicitly, 2-4 others that are quite close, a few others I consider friends but semi distant, and the rest are like 'I know yeu exist', which's my limit there XD

Also oddly enough... almost all my friends are male, and all the close ones are. I dunno, easier to relate to them usually? Talking about 'girly' stuff like clothing, boys, etc, is pretty boring to me >.> Have the odd female friend but they're not really close, just don't mesh well I guess for a variety of reasons. The whole sense of humour thing is likely the largest culprit. Don't think too many women appreciate my style of humour... ah well whot can yeu do XD

I dunno, in terms of the question asked; the normal 'belief' of whot extroverted means, I'd say that yeah, I'm highly introverted in that way. In terms of the MBTI definition of extroversion, it's quite different from the accepted belief, in that case I'm pretty highly extroverted. All depends on the definition.

MBTI
    eNTP

Right, well, I agree with 99% of the things said here. One thing I can't relate to is having mostly male friends -- I have 8ish close friends total and only 2 of them are guys. And... I enjoy "girl talk" in reasonable amounts. But to tell the truth, I can probably be more honest with my guy friends than I can be with even my bestest girlfriends.

I think NT + Tertiary Fe + society's standards for women => one very awkward, socially insecure chick.
    A colleague of the great scientist James Watson remarked that Watson was always “lounging around, arguing about problems instead of doing experiments.” He concluded that “There is more than one way of doing good science.”
    It was Watson’s form of idleness, the scientist went on to say, that allowed him to solve “the greatest of all biological problems: the discovery of the structure of DNA.” It's a point worth remembering in a society overly concerned with efficiency.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by paintmuffin View Post
    Right, well, I agree with 99% of the things said here. One thing I can't relate to is having mostly male friends -- I have 8ish close friends total and only 2 of them are guys.
    You're not alone in that, most of my close friends over the years have females, I have a different kind of friendship with guys, there's a necessary distance that I've been (unfortunately) continually reminded that I should keep unless they're gay. Every now and again a guy that I totally click with and have no romantic interest in comes along but then the people around us start whispering and suggesting that there must be something more going on and things get a bit weird, either that or they want to take things further. It's easier with chicks, xSTP chicks especially, they're teh bestest!

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by paintmuffin View Post
    I think NT + Tertiary Fe + society's standards for women => one very awkward, socially insecure chick.
    I agree with this one. The first time I felt truly at ease in a social situation, it was in my first year of university with a bunch of other nerds physics and math students. I was like - whaw! I can be interested in physics without being out of line here. I can be good at science without feeling I'm overwhelming other people. I don't have to talk about boys or pop music or television programs in order to be accepted.
    That helped me A LOT. Now I can be comfortable around other people too, without trying to hide myself. Fe -> <- Tamske
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    Next to an introvert, I can look extroverted. But I look introverted next to every extrovert I know. They just talk and talk.
    Story of my life.

I think ENPs are just kinda introverted due to the strength and power of their secondary function.

We are pensive, and introspective extroverts, hence we need and like time alone, i.e. solitude, as well as enjoy taking in our environments.

(Not only emitting our thoughts and feelings all over them :P)
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

nope, at least not for me .

i'm never really concerned with what stereotypes or gender roles i may or may not be fitting into. i think it's kind of lame to base your actions or thoughts based on what you think society might expect from you as a woman; we are living in the 21st century arent we? i find it completely uninteresting that women are still feeling the need to prove that they can be XX chromosomes and like science, enjoy math, play sports, build a bookcase, drive a car or whatever the case may be. to me that signals that a woman somehow thinks that she shouldnt be able to do those things.

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

I watched a BBC program, Dawn French interviewing other comidiennes and some of them were ENTP. And they talk about how they toned down the funny around guys, especially the funny guy. Men generally feel threatened by funny women, personally I can't relate I think funny and or a 'male' streak is a good thing. In fact one of them said she didn't hide any of it and found someone who appreciated it.

-the show is on YouTube if you're interested.
    ~ Truth ~ Freedom ~ Health ~ Love ~ Communication ~ Humor ~ Respect ~

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    I watched a BBC program, Dawn French interviewing other comidiennes and some of them were ENTP. And they talk about how they toned down the funny around guys, especially the funny guy. Men generally feel threatened by funny women, personally I can't relate I think funny and or a 'male' streak is a good thing. In fact one of them said she didn't hide any of it and found someone who appreciated it.

-the show is on YouTube if you're interested.
    In regards to the bold, really? I mean, my best friend from high school has always been really funny and I never noticed men acting as though they were threatened by her.

Also, one of my ex-boyfriends was always getting crushes on famous comediennes, like Anna Farris or Sarah Silverman, for example.

So I'm not too sure about this "funny women" theory. I'm not a guy, but still.