• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Are female ENTPs less "extroverted"?

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Wooo who's a cleaver kipper.... Maths, St Andrews - V posh..... Hmmmm you don't want to let the SJ's know that you are into maths :)

Good luck with that, St A is suppose to be really good.

I would have thought a Uni of that caliber is likely to have a cood drama society. It really sounds like a cool outlet for you.

L

Well thats if I get in which is unknown as I just miss the first year entry grades but destroy the second year entry grades!

Yeah it is and apparently they have auditions for 3 or 4 shows every week so it will be brilliant!

S

sammy

you are only more introverted if you are tired of being bored and feeling like a crazy person when you are interacting with others. or if you are tempered with sp.

in a group of Ns, you'll talk. and a lot. the only limitation will be your short-term memory and the self-interruptions that will make you forget where you were going. you can either embrace it and just talk more + faster, or you can wait a bit, pause a bit, and let it all congeal.

with my entp friend, i talk more than he does, generally. yet, as the group grows, he talks more, i talk less (it's drastic and immediate). he's easier going than i am, and he knows when we're talking i have my shit worked out. we both benefit immensely from the experience, i tighten up the ideas and see their inner workings, he actualizes them into material concrete ideas. it's pretty fucking awesome.

entp females are socially weirder than enfp females, obviously, bc they don't relate in a traditionally female (F) way. they're weirder than intjs and entjs bc they are fucking crazy in both work and play, whereas entjs are just weird in play, they're straight Te which america loves and respects (even if they're raging bitches, socially speaking). intj females take their time and can blend more easily, deep down they're just total fucking geeks.

the largest problem in this entire discussion is just N. the S expectations greatly muddy the water, S types generally (generally!) are much more in-touch with their bodies, and F types spend far more energy trying to make themselves feel good about themselves. Pe is a different kind of energy than Pi, and is both a potential strength and a weakness when viewed in terms of gender expectations (whereas for men, Pe is generally seen as an advantage unless your mom is eisenhowerian). these all create a huge complex mish-mash of social-gender expectations, and even more so, competitions. but, in my own experience, nt women are, for the most part, very good at dealing with this. i generally learn how to move on, accept the situation as it is, and make the best of it directly from them. stps are generally far more competitive and identify so much of themselves purely in terms of their image (possible e3s?). nt women get over this, yet they still struggle at overcompensating and completely rejecting traditional standards, or adopting entirely aggro-male perspectives that seem to be a shitty approach for either gender (blatant bias), or trying to bend too much in a way that ultimately feels inauthentic and draws them away from their best selves.

as N doms, maintenance and image-conformity and long-term distance-running seem so exhausting, spiritually, to our desire for new fresh etc. withering possibilities, a tight schedule, they're good in theory but eliminating choices, taking a loan out on the future/possibility, is enough to kill.

balanced e/i is so far from a bad thing, you should take it as a compliment.
Dang. This was spot on. Down to group/individual interactions with my own INFJ friend.

I had issues identifying whether I was introverted or extroverted pretty much all of my life, until three years ago. Then, it became crystal clear what my preference was. I'm still really awkward, I make people uncomfortable with my comments, I can charm the socks of off people once I have a better understanding of their expectations, immediate perceptions of me create comfort and ease because I've developed a stronger "feminine" appearance, and that makes me a walking contradiction in many people's eyes. They see it as inauthentic to my "self" because I'm not consistent at all.

Being inconsistent with my E/I outward displays is being authentic to my self, however. I think people just have a difficult time accepting that they cannot pinpoint exactly how to deal with a person who changes with any given situation.

sartrecastic

Enneagram
4w5
Haha, so true. I have no idea how to relate to a lot of other women, though I only had female friends in school (I think it was because boys disliked me even more than girls did...). All my friends are male, literally all of them. I have a fairly good female acquaintances but for some reason most of them seem to just drift off quite quickly after I've successfully got "in there" so to speak... I'd gone for a study session with a couple of girls from my class once and quite enjoyed it (though I hate girls' tendency to give each other compliments rather than cuss each other out), but after that didn't hear from them much again.

I'm much more like men. Unfortunately.

Anyway I don't think I'm less extroverted than men, though I don't know if I know any male ENTPs. I used to be really shy because obviously my weirdness didn't go down well in school and most people disliked me (though around my good friends I reverted to myself). In college I made NO friends whatsoever because most of the people I initially hung out with were girls and it was a sort of mixed group of slightly more girls than guys. Though there were a lot of other reasons why I stopped hanging out with them and just spent 2 years with no friends I think that was quite a significant one. Nowadays, now I'm slightly more tolerable to my compatriots, I'm a lot more extroverted. I tend to be really blunt, which doesn't go over well except with men (and even then the men who'd rather I was more "girly" don't like it, I think), and have a really vulgar and weird sense of humour. I know how I come across and tend to exploit it, and generally the opinion of me is that I am

a) a man
b) nuts.

I like it that way. Though I'm an outspoken feminist I really dislike (being around) women, though I blame sexist behavioural norms for that ":)".

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I've never met a female ENTP in real life but I've always got the impression from the female ENTPs on here that they're actuallly more extravated than the males. Certainly a bit more confident in themselves and have a bit more attitude and style about them than a male the same age.

I think this is because they're freed from some of the social anxieties that perplex male ENTP's.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
at a younger age they may have to make a stronger, more well-defined choice. more of an either/or with regards to female gender expectations.

some t women go super-empowered, some use the opportunity to become Ts who understand Fs. i generally think the opportunity to crossover and become more balanced T vs F is one of the most important keys to becoming a perfect person.

at the same time, i imagine an entp woman relating to a group of rabid esfj sorority moms would pretty much be the worst thing in the world. that would make me just as etj feminism as they are (ie i'd want to kick their asses). i think a lot of the n types begin to see a gender as only the worst (most incompatible) types and begin to write off their relationship with other people within that group completely. expectations are far from uniform, tho many institutions are pretty fucking shitty, close-minded, and unenlightened.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
at the same time, i imagine an entp woman relating to a group of rabid esfj sorority moms would pretty much be the worst thing in the world. that would make me just as etj feminism as they are (ie i'd want to kick their asses). i think a lot of the n types begin to see a gender as only the worst (most incompatible) types and begin to write off their relationship with other people within that group completely. expectations are far from uniform, tho many institutions are pretty fucking shitty, close-minded, and unenlightened.

What?

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

i think a lot of entp women relate negatively to, say, their experiences with esfj women. and begin to think they will fit in better with males, when they will fit in better with other intuitives who will be more likely to appreciate them as female Ts.

this, at least, is the experience of my intj so.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
i think a lot of entp women relate negatively to, say, their experiences with esfj women. and begin to think they will fit in better with males, when they will fit in better with other intuitives who will be more likely to appreciate them as female Ts.

this, at least, is the experience of my intj so.

ENTP / INFJ have a gender bending quality to them. INFJ females can be a bit masculine in mindset / intellectuality, INFJ males can be super emo. ENTP females can be aggressive, ENTP males can be highly verbal and "sensitive". It seems to me that INFJ/ENTP types straddle the typical gender stereotypes, quite often.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
ENTP / INFJ have a gender bending quality to them. INFJ females can be a bit masculine in mindset / intellectuality, INFJ males can be super emo. ENTP females can be aggressive, ENTP males can be highly verbal and "sensitive". It seems to me that INFJ/ENTP types straddle the typical gender stereotypes, quite often.

Yes this is very good. I am inclined to agree with this (initially).

ENTP/INFJ males flow towards "feminine" traits, while ENTP/INFJ females flow towards "masculine" traits. Interesting. I wonder why that might be or if there are other types that do this as well.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP

ENTP/INFJ males flow towards "feminine" traits, while ENTP/INFJ females flow towards "masculine" traits. Interesting. I wonder why that might be or if there are other types that do this as well.

I think it's because we value universality and abhor narrowness.

sculpting

I think you are seeing tert functions grow in. for you guys tert Fe. Most of my males ENTPs are very sweet appearing and even verge on feminine or gay as they hit 40. Many ESTP males sort of do the same thing-though it seems more variable.

ENTP women seem to grow tert Fe in much more smoothly and become motherly at about 30. They are actually nicer than me most of the time. Maybe the entp women grow Fe sooner than the men-thus seem quieter and less extroverted? All of my ENTP best friends are women that use Fe fairly well-even as young as 24 I guess.

ENFP women and men both grow towards Te. The women can be a wee bit bitchy, but it is highly variable while men seem to develop more smoothly.

I dont see the same sex variability in INXJs but my INFJ pool is very small.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I was taught to be more introverted, because you get into too much trouble.

strawberries

shadow boxer
MBTI Type
----
i've learnt how to turn my extroversion down a little bit - particularly in professional settings.

i find i'm more organised than male ENTPs i know - but i do have a fair dose of J.