• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJs and showing emotion

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
My GA says our INTJ music ed professor, if you've done well, will give you the head nod, and the brief INTJ commendation -- "good". Of course it has the most meaning coming from them. But this guy doesn't always show this. I'm wondering if either he has a different idea of "good" than I do, and oversees my attempts, or if he does indeed think I'm doing well, and hasn't the energy to let me know.

I've improved a lot over the semester. I know he sees that. Or does he? Do you guys not see that we're trying, and just trying the wrong things, or do you see it, and just wait til we've tried the right thing to give us the "head nod"?

Does this make sense?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Why don't you ask him?

GoodnessGuinness

MBTI Type
INTJ
I am similar in the sense that I don't really give out a lot of praise, but I definitely notice when people are trying/improving. I think it's because if I praise too much, it feels kind of phony saying it, even though I am thinking it. Oddly enough, I generally do not expect to hear praise, as I think I should be doing it right anyway. He notices how much you have improved, and I'm sure appreciates it :) I hope this helps answer your question.

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I could, but why doesn't he notice how pissed off he looks, no matter what? I could be the next Dorothy Delay, and I think he'd look the same.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
INTJs don't show emotion, usually. If they do, it usually means they're stressed out, they REALLY love you, or they REALLY hate you.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I rarely give praise unless I'm trying to make a point. I just say I think it's good.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, you could turn that into an emotional expression by saying, "I feel it's good." ;)

Is that so hard?
'I feel its good' doesn't cut it. It's either good in my standards or not good. Feeling that it's good doesn't tell anyone what I think of it. "I feel you have a good piece of work... but I think it sucks"

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I could, but why doesn't he notice how pissed off he looks, no matter what? I could be the next Dorothy Delay, and I think he'd look the same.

No, he probably has no idea. We aren't mind readers either so it would be best to just say what's on your mind.

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
But you guys are scary :sad:

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
They just want you to think that.

Say or do the right thing, and I bet you can make them cry.