User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    We wouldn't devalue the word 'feel' with mere satisfaction.
    +1
    Personally, *I* think I'm hysterically funny.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I agree with CeeCee in that you should simply approach him and ask for said information. He's not going to attack you for seeking counsel for improvement. He may even enjoy giving advice, as it shows you respect his input.

Personally, I look inward for motivation, and I often forget that others often derive it from external sources. As such, I'm not the best at providing such motivation. I'm the guy my friends ask for advice after they've found motivation for a situation, which works for me.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    :run

Quote Originally Posted by Kra View Post
    He's not going to attack you for seeking counsel for improvement.
    Uh he has.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by run View Post
    Uh he has.
    How so?
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    How so?
    I go to ask him what went wrong in a lesson and he bites my head off. "Well, you're mumbling, your hair's in your face, and you're dropping beats." 27 years of teaching teachers to teach the arts, and he still has almost no emotional intelligence.

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

I go to ask him what went wrong in a lesson and he bites my head off. "Well, you're mumbling, your hair's in your face, and you're dropping beats." 27 years of teaching teachers to teach the arts, and he still has almost no emotional intelligence.
    I kinda don't see how the first two statements are that important for someone like him to waste his breath on. I'd be disappointed to listen to those type of fluffy feedback unless I'm in a communications course or something.

So have you tried narrowing down the types of improvement you're aiming to hear? (Re: Ask him to give advice that's actually relevant and crucial to the subject. The more specific you are, I hope his answers will be as helpful.)
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Yikes on the response he gave you! Makes me wonder why he went into teaching, if his feedback isn't presenting any better than that.

Tell me, though (asking as a music grad), is this a college prof? *Are* you dropping beats all over the place? IME, college profs see it as their job to prepare you to be a professional something. The advice to work on your timing, to speak clearly and confidently, and to not have your face obstructed during an interaction might actually be valuable. If you take his feedback seriously and show him you give a crap, you might be surprised at the reaction you get (besides having bettered the way you present yourself as a musician).
    I think I think more than you think I think.

MBTI
    eNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Well, both of my parents have lied in order to get a job, and one of them is very skilled at using bullshit to get ahead.

So, yeah... I know that honesty is never the best policy. If people know the truth about you, they'll find a way to use it against you. So you can never be honest unless you want to be taken advantage of.
    Let me guess-- your parents are in politics.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyGrass View Post
    Yikes on the response he gave you! Makes me wonder why he went into teaching, if his feedback isn't presenting any better than that.

Tell me, though (asking as a music grad), is this a college prof? *Are* you dropping beats all over the place? IME, college profs see it as their job to prepare you to be a professional something. The advice to work on your timing, to speak clearly and confidently, and to not have your face obstructed during an interaction might actually be valuable. If you take his feedback seriously and show him you give a crap, you might be surprised at the reaction you get (besides having bettered the way you present yourself as a musician).
    I was but he can express disappointment and the ridiculousness of what I did (if it was ridiculou) and get his point across without being an asshole

blah this is getting to be a pointless discussion

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

blah this is getting to be a pointless discussion
    Well... to be fair, it WAS a thread about INTJ's and them showing emotion.
    Embrace the possibilities.