MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Uah another rule book, burn it !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

CJ99

ENTPs hate to be controlled and more so manipulated... you don't know your wannabe ExTJ.... If that x is an S = then you are liable to get drawn into a quagmire of detail you are oncorfortable with - ie can't move on until all the fine points are done deals... the x = N they may play more manipulative games (esp when they don't know you)

In terms of role - I always think ENTPs ought not to try to have a role... because there NxP is quite vague and tryign to push through into one singular identity lacks authenticity - if that makes sense.

However if you can be yourself, people will follow because you are leading from social fusion and thus are a proper leadership.

That said ENTPs are not always the best managers - the presures of delegating and really hearing all opinions. I'd think T types have a particular difficulty when dealing co-operative types... because they want to make functional decisions rather than hippy ones

Every team you go into there is an opportunity to have a different role or possition yourself more

Organising, ideas maker/innovator are natruals, actually makign the touch decisions is not comforting but nessesary

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    CJ99

ENTPs hate to be controlled and more so manipulated...
    And this will be your downfall
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by justxher View Post
    I don't think that rebelling against your team leader because you didn't like his style was a very good idea.

Are you trying to take over because you don't like to be told what to do, or because you actually feel like he is going to jeopardize the project?

If it's about being told what to do, then simply establish with him and everyone in your group how much freedom you will each have with your individual sections of the work. If you are actually worried he will screw it all up, you have to get everyone together to reassess your goals and break down the work and figure out some overall general plan.
    Mixture of both.

He was quite restricting of ideas. Being an ENTP I didn't like having my ideas restricted and I also felt it was bad for the team as when we tried to brainstorm he kept on trying to stop it and go with the first idea that worked rather than actually consiidering all the ideas.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    CJ99

ENTPs hate to be controlled and more so manipulated... you don't know your wannabe ExTJ.... If that x is an S = then you are liable to get drawn into a quagmire of detail you are oncorfortable with - ie can't move on until all the fine points are done deals... the x = N they may play more manipulative games (esp when they don't know you)
    Hes probably more N since is an engineering based scheme and he works for the woodgroup and he wasn't that unaccepting of ideas themselves he simple didn't like spending much time on them he grabbed the idea he like and force forward with it before we could all discuss whether we liked it and how we would work it.

Really dominational especially of Ideas - many of which were mine thus what fustrated me.

So it seems ENTPs can play any role as long as they keep themselves from being fustrated so my new question is:

What roles do you guys enjoy the most and find most natural?

Also how do you deal with ExTJs in work situations?
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    4w5/

But ENTPs also can hate doing things alone, especially if the role is not within his zone.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Best roles: creative, idea roles. Sometimes I can even create a plan I am really good at finding information and piecing it together in a creative, interesting way. I am not always a leader (though I end up like that) but I will not be pushed around.

ExTJ's: They bow down to me. They know I tend to have the better ideas, and if one of them doesn't want to listen, I say look, either you take my idea, which is a hell of a lot better than yours, and boss around the remaining people (if they need to be/they don't care) and leave me alone to do work, which you are impairing by your needless bossing. Got it?
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Enneagram
    1w2

My experience with ENTPs on a team:

Unless somebody picks up one of your half-cocked ideas and actually does it they lie broken and whimpering on the floor. Or better yet! when it's been raining for a whole week and you see all these worms coming out of the waterlogged ground and you think to your self, geez I hope they make it to the other side of the sidewalk without being squashed. Yeah, it's like that.

Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    And this will be your downfall

whachugettinat?

That it is my downfall to not be controlled? or ENTPs or what? Maybe you just like being tied up and conteolled in that way.... hmm