User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    This has absolutely nothing to do with types. As types are preferences, not definitions.

Again, this goes to show that we take MBTI way too seriously.

(I'm not blaming you, the placesyoullgo, I'm just stating an observation to lead back to my position of MBTI)
    You are clearly just deadset on pinpointing circumstances in which MBTI is "taken too seriously." Nobody in this thread has said, "XXXXs are always cheaters, you are an XXXX, therefore you will cheat." However, types have certain values, and threads like these are made to discuss how these values are manifested in the real world. The whole point of MBTI and typology as a whole is to categorize. I think most people who have any experience with MBTI realize the shortfalls in its applicability, but that's not going to stop them from discussing its theoretical applicability.

You can ask, "Which of the 8 functions and/or combinations of the 8 functions could cause a desire to cheat?" and use the answer to that question to discern a type that is more likely to cheat.

So long as you don't say "All ESxPs will cheat because of their dominant, impulsive Se, and you are an ESxP, therefore you will cheat.", then there's nothing wrong with trying to apply MBTI to certain tendencies and behavioural patterns. MBTI is not an inarguable end-all-be-all, but it is certainly a method of making fairly accurate generalizations. As long as you are open to changing your generalizations based on discrepancies in individual cases, then MBTI can be applied to lots of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Actually I would bet a pretty significant amount of money that ESTPs cheat more often than, say, ISFJs on average.
    You're going to do a statistical survey and then tweak the results to your liking, right? Hell, you might even hypnotize some of the survey participants to get them to answer in a desirable way. You're an ENTP, so you will certainly cheat to come out a winnar

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    You're going to do a statistical survey and then tweak the results to your liking, right? Hell, you might even hypnotize some of the survey participants to get them to answer in a desirable way. You're an ENTP, so you will certainly cheat to come out a winnar
    Haha no, I don't actually care enough about proving this point to do any legitimate research on it. I'd much rather just keep cheating at Scrabble.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    "Doesnt cheating include being in a relationship ? If you'll start defining it that precisely you'll loose credibility "

no it doesn't.... is the OP about cheating on tests, on paying tax, on games or is it more ment to deal with relationships...

Personally I'd think cheat in one area and you may be prone in others...

Keirsey thought NT's cheated on relationships less.
    ok
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Actually I would bet a pretty significant amount of money that ESTPs cheat more often than, say, ISFJs on average.

That doesn't mean there aren't loyal ESTPs and cheating ISFJs, but it's kind of silly to imply that absolutely no pattern exists here. If we could tally up all the ESTPs and ISFJs on the planet, it seems highly probable that the ESTPs would contain more cheaters--and it's incredibly unlikely from a probability standpoint that the numbers would come out exactly the same.

So no, this really doesn't say anything about taking type too seriously.
    Those are statistics. What we're doing here is trying to figure out why ENTPs would be more likely to cheat (if they really are)..and that is a failed attempt from the start, because you can't find answers in type descriptions, as the descriptions are preference based and are extremely general.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    You are clearly just deadset on pinpointing circumstances in which MBTI is "taken too seriously." Nobody in this thread has said, "XXXXs are always cheaters, you are an XXXX, therefore you will cheat." However, types have certain values, and threads like these are made to discuss how these values are manifested in the real world. The whole point of MBTI and typology as a whole is to categorize. I think most people who have any experience with MBTI realize the shortfalls in its applicability, but that's not going to stop them from discussing its theoretical applicability.

You can ask, "Which of the 8 functions and/or combinations of the 8 functions could cause a desire to cheat?" and use the answer to that question to discern a type that is more likely to cheat.

So long as you don't say "All ESxPs will cheat because of their dominant, impulsive Se, and you are an ESxP, therefore you will cheat.", then there's nothing wrong with trying to apply MBTI to certain tendencies and behavioural patterns. MBTI is not an inarguable end-all-be-all, but it is certainly a method of making fairly accurate generalizations. As long as you are open to changing your generalizations based on discrepancies in individual cases, then MBTI can be applied to lots of stuff.

Ok, you are absolutely right.

Let's continue to blow MBTI way out of proportion. It's fun, isn't it?
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

I haven't read the entire thread but i think it depends on your definition of cheating.

cheating is clear when both parties in the relationship have "the talk" and establish that from there on the relationship is going to be exclusive. of course any type can cheat, but for me cheating in this situations is just more trouble than it's worth. obviously i thought the guy was sexy/interesting/fun/intelligent/attractive enough to agree to be somewhat shackled to him, so why would i risk that for some side piece who probably isn't that interesting? Plus I usually have tons of things going on in my life and I can't see adding leading a double life to the mix.

cheating is not so clear when "the talk" hasn't been done and there is an assumption by one-party that the relationship is exclusive.

with that said, i'm very likely to be guilty of inadvertently cheating but i think that's because most guys take it for granted that most women date one man at a time.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

There is no definition of cheating
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    There is no definition of cheating
    "extra pole in the hole" works for me

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by SerengetiBetty View Post
    What if the pole is in the other hole?

I'm just saying, it works for Catholic chicks.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by SerengetiBetty View Post
    What if the pole is in the other hole?

I'm just saying, it works for Catholic chicks.

:yim_rolling_on_the_
    I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp