User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    Oh, I'd cheat the hell out of my taxes. And I probably shouldn't be typing this right now.
    LOL hide, OK maybe I'm over applyign honesty here... most people squirel I'd think

To be honest, I see ENTPs as being too lazy to lie consistanty, their heads are all over the place, which is why I see them as dominantly truthful people, even when it is difficult

Now go pay your tax bill - you're failing to support less privilaged people in your society...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Actually, there's a genetic factor. The presence of allele-s- of the gene coding for vasopressin and ofc receptors to vasopressin in the brain will influence the level of bonding with the partner along with, obviously, the whole usual cultural factors, life histories and other personality trait and genes. -that's for males btw, vasopressin is actually more of a in group/out group and fight or flight related response which associates directly with "socio-"biologically selected gender correlated behaviors, i'll let qre:us connect the dots as i'm lazy-
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    The presence of allele-s- of the gene coding for vasopressin and ofc receptors to vasopressin in the brain will influence the level of bonding with the partner ...

I don't know anything about genetics, so my first question is:

Does this mean a person is more (genetically) likely to cheat if his/her parents did?
    I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    I don't know anything about genetics, so my first question is:

Does this mean a person is more likely to cheat if his/her parents did?
    well, statistically, yes, that's sort of obvious.
    I'm not sure how the cultural side would interact with the genetic factor though. But apparently that side of the issue was already present when they first tested for it in people so wether there's a leverage effect or its opposite depending on complex inter relationships -meaning you can't predict an individual's preference based on his gens- is irrelevant statistically speaking. -except if you're interested in standart deviations ofc, but i don't have these numbers as faithfulness is sort of hard to quantify accurately-
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

... In theory.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

The reason I'm asking this is that I haven't observed it. Thinking of my own family, there is a pretty wide range ... including among siblings. So I'm not sure how relevant it is. I'm trying to find out.

I'm not sure how the cultural side would interact with the genetic factor though. But apparently that side of the issue was already present when they first tested for it in people so wether there's a leverage effect or its opposite depending on complex inter relationships -meaning you can't predict an individual's preference based on his gens- is irrelevant statistically speaking.
    Oh, okay. nevermind.
    I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

yeah as i said i don't know about the genotype to phenotype to behavior interactions or the standart deviation, but statistically significant data was found on relatively small groups of humans, and wolves. Knowing that both species are mammals and share a very similar mixture of vertical and horizontal cooperation, including when it comes to raising offsprings or mating

... In theory.

MBTI
    ENTP

Eck

"vasopressin is actually more of a in group/out group"
    I do think there is a social norms things - I've been asking questions about fidelity for a very long time - at uni, socially etc... If you ask a guy if he has ever cheated a huge proportion say yes... like 90% - OK so sometimes this was gf or teen gf, but it is still a massive proportion.

Behaviour has so many complications that influence, emo, parents, social groups etc etc...

Interesting

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Eck

"vasopressin is actually more of a in group/out group"
    I do think there is a social norms things - I've been asking questions about fidelity for a very long time - at uni, socially etc... If you ask a guy if he has ever cheated a huge proportion say yes... like 90% - OK so sometimes this was gf or teen gf, but it is still a massive proportion.

Behaviour has so many complications that influence, emo, parents, social groups etc etc...

Interesting
    Are you talking about how guys tend to over estimate numbers of sexual patners and generally be more open about it and women tend to underestimate the same numbers ?
    As women are traditionally the selectors, giving an image of 'excessive' availability lessens their social status, and as men are traditionally the selectees the exact same behavior hightens percieved social status. Then you have all the fun things and leverage effects that happen when 'false information' becomes the norm and people lie to 'be like everybody else'.

ps: what i'm saying is that much of the percieved gap between male and female sexual behavior comes from data feedback loops.

... In theory.

MBTI
    ENTP

no I wouldn't say it was because they were bigging up numbers, because the people I tended to ask were just ordinary Joe type guys, and it wasn't the volume of women they had been with that was the issue, the question was related to fidelity... even in non committed realtionship.

Many wouldn't have ad that many women at all and weren't claiming so... more being ever so slightly embarrased about their own answers...

Were they truthful? I'd say more so than you would expect.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post

Were they truthful? I'd say more so than you would expect.
    You're not taking into account relative faithfulness and definition of the term.
    As women are more perceptive to the whole 'bad image' thing and males are traditionally the 'bad cheating guy':
    1. Women will tend not to interpret something as cheating when a guy would.
    2. Men will resist that status far less and were conditionned to accept it in the first place.

... In theory.