MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by raincrow007 View Post
    Wrong crow, Mycroft.
    Apparently his theory was condemned to confusion from the get-go.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

For the past two weeks I have been running on an average of 3 hours, but that is because I got 6 hours of sleep the last two days.

At some point, I will crash and will need to sleep a long time (I've slept for 24 hours before, with my roommate trying to wake me up by kicking me).

I really like getting 8-12 hours of sleep, however.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    My youngest son (20), also a dear INTP, can sleep 12+ hours if I let him. I can blame it on his being on a computer 12+ hours a day, though (playing online strategy games).
    I know someone a lot like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    INFJ

ISFP boyfriend sleeps nearly twelve hours every day--more than anyone I have ever heard of.

MBTI
    INTJ

I go to bed at 10:30, get up at 6:30. I am tired for the rest of the day. I go to bed at 1 am, get up at 9 am. I am perfectly awake, and don't need an alarm.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

MBTI
    ISTP

I would generalise the theory that Is likely are prone to sleeping more (this is indirectly related to Introverts being prone to depression and despressed states of mind where sleep is a natural outcome). I would also hazard a guess that I--Ps are prone to this the most.

I used to sleep a lot and I still would like to - however, I've had problems sleeping all my life so I'm probably not typical in that regard.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I've slept 12 hours straight out of the hospital, can't sleep that long these days...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP

Depends what's going on in my life. In school my bigger projects were usually completed in marathon sessions where I'd go two or three days on only occasional 45-minute naps, working all through the night and next day.

What's weird is that ever since I graduated I occasionally still pull all-nighters even if I have nothing to do. I just don't feel like sleeping. For a while last fall I was sleeping 12-15 hours, every other night.

Under more normal circumstances, though, yeah, 10 hours is the minimum to really feel comfortably rested. But I struggle with insomnia, so getting actual, deep, healthy sleep can be a problem in and of itself.

MBTI
    INtP

I can easily sleep ~12 hours a night if not interrupted. If it was up to me to guess, I'd say it's my I__P in the works. N might also play a slight role in this with my tendency to keep on slipping back to sleep or atleast staying in a half awake-half sleeping mode despite waking up several times already. I just start going through ideas in my head and *poof* - asleep.

My ideal rhythm would be going to sleep at around 4-6 AM and waking up at around 3-6 PM.

MBTI
    INFP

I was just wondering if there was a connection... it seems that I was barking up the wrong tree since there are varying amount of answers here.

My INTP boyfriend also needs sleep to recharge for about 20-minutes during the day just so he can process better for the afternoon.

But I guess I could, too, though!
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters