User Tag List

123 Last

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Default entps who seem like entjs

not just a desire to fuck with people. the kind of Te frustration that builds up and explodes. possibly a desire to control others, or perhaps just to aggressively assert themselves and remove obstacles forcefully.

are these mistyped, or is there an 8w7 entp that looks very Te? with strong Te attitudes in every facet of their core, independence of will more than independence of thought, ideas, imagination, invention. very focused on power dynamics, individual autonomy, and taking what they want. and how is this different than entp 7w8? and definitely more in-charge than get-things-going.

also, what happens when entps and entjs get into conflict? are entps just as aggressive and direct, or are they more sneaky and funny?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Enneagram 8 ENTPs perhaps? Most 8 ENTPs seem like ENTJs to me.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    also, what happens when entps and entjs get into conflict? are entps just as aggressive and direct, or are they more sneaky and funny?
    I either fuck around with them to get them more frustrated, or, I'll match [exceed] their style of aggressiveness and directness.

I'm sneaky when I find that the person will most likely be useful to me in the future, hence, I don't want to burn those bridges.

I'm funny if I find whatever the other person's issue is, to be ridiculous and so far off, that it's not worth the effort to rationally explain. Hence, dicking around with them. OR. If I understand that I caught that person in a 'mood' and that they're usually someone I actually like/respect, so I'm letting them slide by turning on the joke-funny meter to react to them. To diffuse the situation. The funnies are quite opposites in each of these two scenarios.

And, when I bring my aggressiveness, it's because I want to most effectively erase/remove them from my existence. Hence, it's not pretty. I think I'm perceptive enough to know how to mess with people, what makes them tick, and when this happens, I go for the jugular, and hard.

This last one is very rare, but it has happened. Only once in my life have I been pushed this far....although, not with an ENTJ. But, an unhealthy ESFP. She even got her boyfriend on the phone to help her with her side of the argument against me, asked me for breaks in between her sobbing and running up and down the stairs. While I sat unmoving for the whole thing, eating my grapes. And, by the end of it, she was in a pathetic heap on the floor begging me to stop. That friendship was effectively broken, which was my intention as she wouldn't get the hints otherwise, and thought it was fun to see how far she could test me. I showed her how far my far was.

I believe I am 7w8.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

are these mistyped, or is there an 8w7 entp that looks very Te? with strong Te attitudes in every facet of their core, independence of will more than independence of thought, ideas, imagination, invention. very focused on power dynamics, individual autonomy, and taking what they want. and how is this different than entp 7w8? and definitely more in-charge than get-things-going.
    My closest ENTP friend is 8w7 and she is a human bulldozer. No joke. She is Ne dominant, definitely, but she doesn't take kindly to people imposing on her or even thinking of imposing on her. She was in a relationship for years with an ENTJ... and she pwned him the entire time . He was very diplomatic; ENTJ diplomacy doesn't tend to get much press but I've never known an ENTJ to be short on it, even if they can be forceful. I had to give them the MBTI just to see what kind of types would produce this kind of dynamic, I guessed their types beforehand but I had to be sure.

lf so, what happens when entps and entjs get into conflict? are entps just as aggressive and direct, or are they more sneaky and funny?
    With an ENTP 8, all of the above.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    I believe I am 7w8.
    i believe you are correct. entjs are expertly maneuverable and aggressive as fuck, but entps seem like dancing tricksters. i kinda wanna go michael vick and watch some seriously awesome cage-matches.

i'm gonna have some questions about the differences in 7w6 and 7w8 entp real soon. the possibility of 8w7 entp is too much for my little old brain to handle. i can't imagine it without seeing cartoon mean and big canine teeth.

Enneagram 8 ENTPs= Chairman Mao
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

I've always scored as an ENTP, in a real test as well, so it SHOULD be correct, I'm about as P as you can get, I'm also definitely Ne+Ti... but I have to say, I have my doubts, as ENTJ (specifically Te+Ni) seems to fit as well...

and especially for the reasons OP said:

not just a desire to fuck with people. the kind of Te frustration that builds up and explodes. possibly a desire to control others, or perhaps just to aggressively assert themselves and remove obstacles forcefully.
    I can be very assertive and aggressive and remove all kind of obstacles by sheer will and stuborness.
    on the other hand - I have no need nor desire to control or manipulate anyone, actually I hate to do it, but I am very good at it when needed (i.e. when I get angry). quite like Qre:us said:

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    And, when I bring my aggressiveness, it's because I want to most effectively erase/remove them from my existence. Hence, it's not pretty. I think I'm perceptive enough to know how to mess with people, what makes them tick, and when this happens, I go for the jugular, and hard.
    +1

you mean conflict between an ENTJ and an ENTP?
    well, the ENTJ goes all Te - and the ENTP shrugs it all off and gives him the finger. that's basically it IME :P

I should be 7w8, but I'm not very sure if the test was good.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by epp View Post
    you mean conflict between an ENTJ and an ENTP?
    well, the ENTJ goes all Te - and the ENTP shrugs it all off and gives him the finger
    . that's basically it IME :P

Gosh that hardly ever happens

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Man, fuck you guys. ENTPs are never bold, assertive, and aggressive. You all clearly don't know what you're talking about, and arguments with you are not worth the time expenditure ::flips a bird::

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    Man, fuck you guys. ENTPs are never bold, assertive, and aggressive. You all clearly don't know what you're talking about, and arguments with you are not worth the time expenditure ::flips a bird::
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE