First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    also, what happens when entps and entjs get into conflict? are entps just as aggressive and direct, or are they more sneaky and funny?
    Aside from my never being on time, I've never had any real conflicts with ENTJs.

If they try to control me, my response depends on whether I think they're right. If I see their point, I'll go with it. If I don't agree, I'll thumb my nose and then move on.

Maybe it would be different if I were required to be under the thumb of an ENTJ who had a bunch of wrong-headed ideas about everything, but I wouldn't know, as I've never been in this situation. I imagine my reaction would be the same as it would being under the thumb of anyone who has wrong-headed ideas about everything: remove the thumb.
    I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTP

ENTJ's can be massively agressive, confrontational and manipulative if they are challenged. Thye are also big on retribution.... Actualyl if you stand your gournd with them they usually tone it down.

Also in my experience, don't betray them, they will mop the floor with you.... I'd not say they were relentless but within a hairs bred of that.

THat said they can be loyal, and stable and supportive, have good brains to play with an can be reallly funny

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

My sister is ENTP, whereas I am ENTJ - and yeah, our thoughts as well as how we interpret things are similar.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    ENTJ's can be massively agressive, confrontational

I knew an ENTJ who just regularly reduced this poor girl to tears. He was protective of her, but just constantly cranked up to 11 with his opinions. I think he was trying to fix her (and she could have used some fixing, but I'm hand's off with that), but she never changed anything. She just cried over and over, and he'd tell her the tears were part of her problem (they were).
    I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    (ENTP conflict with ENTJ) If they try to control me, my response depends on whether I think they're right. If I see their point, I'll go with it.
    yea, that can happen as well, I forgot about that possibility before :P

not just a desire to fuck with people. the kind of Te frustration that builds up and explodes. possibly a desire to control others, or perhaps just to aggressively assert themselves and remove obstacles forcefully.

are these mistyped, or is there an 8w7 entp that looks very Te? with strong Te attitudes in every facet of their core, independence of will more than independence of thought, ideas, imagination, invention. very focused on power dynamics, individual autonomy, and taking what they want. and how is this different than entp 7w8? and definitely more in-charge than get-things-going.

also, what happens when entps and entjs get into conflict? are entps just as aggressive and direct, or are they more sneaky and funny?

Actually it has nothing to do with Te. Most ENTP type 8 are not bordeline ENTXs or near ENTJs. If anything, a type 8 ENTP will look more Seish than Teish.

Overall I think EP is a better representation of enneagram 8 than Te.
    Te is just artificially pumped up strength that made the user look like enneagram 8, when they are actually moving towards enneagram 1.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    I knew an ENTJ who just regularly reduced this poor girl to tears. He was protective of her, but just constantly cranked up to 11 with his opinions. I think he was trying to fix her (and she could have used some fixing, but I'm hand's off with that), but she never changed anything. She just cried over and over, and he'd tell her the tears were part of her problem
    If someone were crying in front of me, the last thing I would ever do is tell them tears were part of their problem.
    Anyone who would tell someone that is an idiot.
    But then there are a lot of idiots in the world, so what else is new?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    But then there are a lot of idiots in the world,
    There sure are.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

i think this thread might be referring to me

I'm definitely not an ENTJ, but my N isn't very high which means that ESTP also fits me to some extent. I can be pushy, rude, overbearing, blunt, confrontational, competitive and bossy. I suppose that can look like ENTJ, but for the most part I don't do it because I think I'm right or that my way is the only way, but because many people tend to be indecisive and wishy-washy without a leader. I'll observe the chaos while they panic and try deciding what to do, but when the disorder starts affecting ME, I become a dictator.

I remember once when I started at an old job, we were so extremely busy. The owner (I had never met at that point) came in to the office and was essentially standing around with his hands on his hips. I turned around in my seat, pointed at him and said "You. Get over here and help me." Needless to say he was my assistant for the rest of the day.

one of my best friends is an ENTJ and we disliked each other when we first met. mutually respect for a fellow bad ass YES.. mutual like NO.. I think we were trying to establish the pecking order and who was going to be the senior alpha. considering how competitive we both are, this would have gone on FOREVER. What finally ended it was we both noticed that other more passive-aggressive people started to interfere with the she said/she said crap. considering that neither of us is susceptible to that type of stuff, we both confronted each other about what we heard, put 2 and 2 together and decided that we were too much alike to not be friends. now we're like

It's been a while since I've been in any type of conflict, but when I am, sneaky is definitely not my MO. You will know I'm out to get you and when it's time to get you I'll do it with an intensity that can probably only be survived by another ExTx type. Thankfully I have a very long fuse

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

ya, what is it with entps who seem like entjs, but yet dont feel like it ?

Born with only 1/2 guts ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]