User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Default ENTPs- what's a good sign that I'm boring you?

I often get self conscious when I'm talking to ENTPs on the internet or real life around this. I can never tell half the time whether you're really interested in hearing what I have to say.

You don't stick around and talk to people for long or pay their views any respect if they don't interest you, right?

I dunno, it's just a bit weird for me.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    epyT
    Enneagram

You're probably talking.
    Only after disaster can we be resurrected.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I often get self conscious when I'm talking to ENTPs on the internet or real life around this. I can never tell half the time whether you're really interested in hearing what I have to say.

You don't stick around and talk to people for long or pay their views any respect if they don't interest you, right?

I dunno, it's just a bit weird for me.

I wouldn't worry about this on an encounter-by-encounter basis. I look at people based on a bigger picture of who they are, so it takes me a while to decide what I think of someone.

If I'm paying more than courtesy-level attention, I find the things the person says or does to be important. And anything that happens in one instance doesn't have an effect on that. I'm not going to decide I don't like someone or that they're boring because of one thing that happens.

If I think they're an interesting person, everything they say gets more weight. And I might not have an immediate comment, but that's more because I'm thinking about what they say ... not that I think they're boring.
    I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp

ThatGirl

You would be like......

What ENTPs?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

BlahBlah has truth coming out of her mouth.
    When I get sad I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Video Challenge Question Video
    Race: Werepire
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    7w8 sx>so>sp
    Give me an E! E
    Give me a N! N
    Give me a T! T
    Give me a P! P
    What's that? Yeah right, that's me!

Always expect the unexpected! - Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Don't worry about it, ENTs and STPs often vibe this out without even realizing it..i mean boredom, often combined with impatience. It usually has nothing to do with you, it's just that their state of mind at that point, and you're probably one of the 'tools' they're using to try and alleviate it (is my experience). Sometimes, it won't work and they'll leave soon after. Nothing personal, just a need to find a way to scratch that itch.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    This is a tricky one, as the answer is *not necessarily*.

Woe the curse of the Fe. Such that if we have a previous repertoire with each other, or friendship, I will 'fake' interest because I sense the other needs to really talk about it/wants to talk about it. And, put up with it too.

And, I'll find ways to connect whatever they're saying to something that I *am* interested in.

When I was younger, I had no problem telling people to bugger off. The statement, "You are boring me right now" was often uttered.

My first year residence roomie, on the first night I arrived (later than all other 1st years, as I purposely wanted to miss the Frosh week-let's all bond, bullshit), asked me if she and I could exchange these Q&As that they handed out, to 'get to know your roomie better'.

I looked at her, gave a pregnant pause, answered, "No," and turned off the light to go to sleep. I shocked her with my abrasiveness. She reminded me of this story many times after, in jest.

(^I wasn't intending to be a douche, it's just that I didn't think getting to know a 'roomie' would happen over a 30 mins Q & A exchange session as it would living with each other...so it was pointless)

I was also a bit of a prick...think House. I grew up and learned to explain myself.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

For me if I'm bored I'll kill the conversation with a response that shouldn't be replied to and leave. If I don't respond at all it doesn't automatically mean I'm not interested though.

It goes like this: Effort required + Excitement factor = directly relational to response time.

I'm forever forgetting about conversations I've started online, really totally forgetting, if I don't answer straight away after reading something I generally forget about it for weeks or even months, this covers PMs, wall messages, threads and even my blog. Hell I created a thread a few days ago that people responded to and I read (and found interesting) then forgot to answer...

Basically the more time and thought I have to put into a response the greater the chance you won't hear from me for weeks, writing long posts and/or in-depth posts isn't something I enjoy doing so I put off until the perfect time, the perfect time rarely comes, so I forget.

I don't like doing things in half measures, this often results in me not doing things and while it is true that the more excited I am about something the greater chance I'll deal with it straight away, my failure to respond doesn't always mean I'm not interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    It goes like this: Effort required + Excitement factor = directly relational to response time.

I'm forever forgetting about conversations I've started online, really totally forgetting, if I don't answer straight away after reading something I generally forget about it for weeks or even months, this covers PMs, wall messages, threads and even my blog. Hell I created a thread a few days ago that people responded to and I read (and found interesting) then forgot to answer...

Basically the more time and thought I have to put into a response the greater the chance you won't hear from me for weeks, writing long posts and/or in-depth posts isn't something I enjoy doing so I put off until the perfect time, the perfect time rarely comes, so I forget.

I don't like doing things in half measures, this often results in me not doing things and while it is true that the more excited I am about something the greater chance I'll deal with it straight away, my failure to respond doesn't always mean I'm not interested.
    This. All of this. THANK YOU for saying this. This is very, very true in my case....

Often, I leave responses that I know will take a good lassoing of my attention to address. Meaning, I want to go in-depth, give a long response. And, I'll try, but, get frustrated with my Ne getting ahead of me and my Ti [it's that interesting to me, meaning it has spurred in me wayyy too many associations/connected thoughts than I know how to present coherently to another]...so it sounds a lot more jumbled than how it presents in my head. Or how I want to convey it. So, I leave it for another time.

Tomorrow and tomorrow....

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Judging by the responses I suppose I'm doing pretty good.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)