User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Why has this thread turned into a N versus S fight? About mathematics??? That ultimate abstract AND detail-oriented topic?

Stick to the topic, please!

Signs that you're boring an ENTP:
    I'm saying J-like things such as "stick to the topic, please" -> I find the original topic interesting, I find the tangent boring.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I often get self conscious when I'm talking to ENTPs on the internet or real life around this. I can never tell half the time whether you're really interested in hearing what I have to say.

You don't stick around and talk to people for long or pay their views any respect if they don't interest you, right?

I dunno, it's just a bit weird for me.
    If I ask questions, then it's a sure sign that I'm interested. Even if somebody has interests that are different from mine, I generally enjoy talking to them in some capacity, as I enjoy gaining new perspectives. If I return nothing but short, curt one-word responses, it's a pretty sure sign that I'm not particularly intrigued by the conversation, but that it's better than nothing. If I'm really, truly bored, I'll just bluntly tell you that you're boring me, and that I'm going to go do something else. If I don't respond at all, that's not any indication of my level of boredom. I'm easily distracted, and even things that entertain me don't get my full attention when there's another potentially entertaining thing in sight. It really doesn't have anything to do with you.

However, boredom is not the end-all be-all for me when it comes to friends. I'll be friends with people even if they aren't particularly entertaining. I value people for different reasons, and those reasons encompass more than alleviating my boredom. I'm also pretty open to changing my mind about people. If I have one or two boring conversations with you, I don't stick you in the "boring" box, lock you up, and throw away the key. I think most people have some capacity for providing me with enjoyment, and while most of my favorite people are those that can banter and play intellectual games with me, that doesn't mean that I'll oust you from my social life for not being able to do so.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Why has this thread turned into a N versus S fight? About mathematics??? That ultimate abstract AND detail-oriented topic?

Stick to the topic, please!
    I totally agree with you... sadly I'm easy to bate. product of a large NT skewed family...

Other ways I show bordom, (actually I don't yawn)...
    I may geta bit twitchy
    I may well try and move the conversation to something dull
    I may well come right out and say I am getting board (and SJ astrologer mate of mine - takes that approach pretty well - but actualy I don't get this blunt this often)
    I glaze over and internalise my thinking
    Beer can help - even dull thigns can seem a tiny bit more interesting

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

I don't know either. And a good way to tell I'm bored is if someone is talking about math.
    I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTP

The only thing I can think of that I show when I'm bored is that I will completely change the subject without regard to what you're saying. While the boring person is talking, I'll be thinking inside my head about something completely different and then just start talking about it. Or walk away while they are in mid-sentence. Very rude, I know and I've been working on it.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    This. All of this. THANK YOU for saying this. This is very, very true in my case....

Often, I leave responses that I know will take a good lassoing of my attention to address. Meaning, I want to go in-depth, give a long response. And, I'll try, but, get frustrated with my Ne getting ahead of me and my Ti [it's that interesting to me, meaning it has spurred in me wayyy too many associations/connected thoughts than I know how to present coherently to another]...so it sounds a lot more jumbled than how it presents in my head. Or how I want to convey it. So, I leave it for another time.

Tomorrow and tomorrow....

This is true for me too! My thoughts spin and I have trouble zeroing in on how to say what I want to say. So I put it off.

I think this is why I can be quippy. It's easier to do that and more difficult to say the most interesting things I'm thinking.

But it feels soooooooooooooooooooooo good when I get it right!
    I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Woe the curse of the Fe. Such that if we have a previous repertoire with each other, or friendship, I will 'fake' interest because I sense the other needs to really talk about it/wants to talk about it. And, put up with it too.

And, I'll find ways to connect whatever they're saying to something that I *am* interested in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenomite View Post
    If my responses sound like this:

"Uh huh"
    "haha, yeah"
    "yeah"
    "yeah"
    "uh huh"
    "haha nice"
    "yup"
    Yeah, I fake interest with one word answers and if I've asked an inane question, you know that I've totally zoned out. ex.: you "I like chips". me (long pause) "so you like chips...? mostly potato, or corn as well?"

Also, I could have written every word of this:

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    For me if I'm bored I'll kill the conversation with a response that shouldn't be replied to and leave. If I don't respond at all it doesn't automatically mean I'm not interested though.

It goes like this: Effort required + Excitement factor = directly relational to response time.

I'm forever forgetting about conversations I've started online, really totally forgetting, if I don't answer straight away after reading something I generally forget about it for weeks or even months, this covers PMs, wall messages, threads and even my blog. Hell I created a thread a few days ago that people responded to and I read (and found interesting) then forgot to answer...

Basically the more time and thought I have to put into a response the greater the chance you won't hear from me for weeks, writing long posts and/or in-depth posts isn't something I enjoy doing so I put off until the perfect time, the perfect time rarely comes, so I forget.

I don't like doing things in half measures, this often results in me not doing things and while it is true that the more excited I am about something the greater chance I'll deal with it straight away, my failure to respond doesn't always mean I'm not interested.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

I often get self conscious when I'm talking to ENTPs on the internet or real life around this. I can never tell half the time whether you're really interested in hearing what I have to say.

You don't stick around and talk to people for long or pay their views any respect if they don't interest you, right?

A good sign is when I'm not in your presence.

Simple.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    A good sign is when I'm not in your presence.

Simple.

+1

MBTI
    ENTP

I lost interest before the end of the first paragraph.
    No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full." Lucius Cornelius Sulla