• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Overachiever and MBTI types

Silencio

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
That doesn't even make sense.
"The need to be seen as successful" is the mark of an insecure person who cares what others think.
I don't see how a wimp like that could lead any group of people, or achieve anything.
The most successful people I know compete with one person.

Themselves.

Agreed...Not to seem arrogant but the only person I compete with is myself.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I never overachieve.
Overachieving, or the drive to prove "I am better than everyone else" is a J thing.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
hmmm... I've known MVNXs to be overachievers, but I haven't heard the same about ENFPs.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
ESTJ pretty much crushes everybody on this one, at least as far as academics and other traditional means of success.

Yeah, definitely. The put twice more work than the second on the line (which I would guess is my own type).

I was championship singles tennis player in HS. Ran Track. Got a scholarship to college. Graduated with a Bachelors degree 3.2 GPA, worked and went to school simultaneously. I worked my ass off. Studied For hours everyday. I exercise 5 days a week, I eat a strict diet, and am very dicipline.

Well, I think that each type has his own definition of overachievement. For the things you mention, my standards to consider myself an over-achiever would be (I don't consider myself as such, mind you): 4.0 GPA, along with job with extremely high salary, being in the top 3 of the state/region at the sports discpline you practice.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
This comment really burns my ass.

You really have no clue, blood sweat and tears I put into my life.

Nice, really nice.

MY GUIDANCE COUNSELOR SAID I WAS AN OVERACHIEVER! EAT THAT ASSHOLES. I was championship singles tennis player in HS. Ran Track. Got a scholarship to college. Graduated with a Bachelors degree 3.2 GPA, worked and went to school simultaneously. I worked my ass off. Studied For hours everyday. I exercise 5 days a week, I eat a strict diet, and am very dicipline. More than you fat asses ever have done I bet. I can run a 7.5 min mile. I used to get up at 5 am and run every day when I was 15, and just eat salads. That is not even anything either. I have been backpacking in the mountains in Feb. for 6 weeks without a shower in 20 below zero freezing temp. without only little food and water. I know how to make a fire, and survival skills. Still thats nothing, I will spare you... So shut the hell up-you dumb asses.

Easy there, tiger.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
This comment really burns my ass.

You really have no clue, blood sweat and tears I put into my life.

Nice, really nice.

MY GUIDANCE COUNSELOR SAID I WAS AN OVERACHIEVER! EAT THAT ASSHOLES. I was championship singles tennis player in HS. Ran Track. Got a scholarship to college. Graduated with a Bachelors degree 3.2 GPA, worked and went to school simultaneously. I worked my ass off. Studied For hours everyday. I exercise 5 days a week, I eat a strict diet, and am very dicipline. More than you fat asses ever have done I bet. I can run a 7.5 min mile. I used to get up at 5 am and run every day when I was 15, and just eat salads. That is not even anything either. I have been backpacking in the mountains in Feb. for 6 weeks without a shower in 20 below zero freezing temp. without only little food and water. I know how to make a fire, and survival skills. Still thats nothing, I will spare you... So shut the hell up-you dumb asses.
Being an overachiever also correlates with having OCD type personality too.
ENFP's can be overachiever's to a fault at times.

Think beyond...T, J STJ, NTJ

ENFPs and there imagination! :blush:can't not love yas!:wubbie::hug:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I've never been called an overachiever.

Then again, all my achievements are top secret, so what do they know.

Jaguar

MY GUIDANCE COUNSELOR SAID I WAS AN OVERACHIEVER! EAT THAT ASSHOLES.
ENFP's can be overachiever's to a fault at times.

Think beyond...T, J STJ, NTJ

:happy0065: Give em' hell, honey.

Agreed...Not to seem arrogant but the only person I compete with is myself.

That's not arrogance, it's called self-mastery. It's 100 times harder than competing with others.

I only overachieve to impress myself .. I know i can do it so i will. I have a need to push myself.

A wise woman after my own heart. :wubbie:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I never overachieve.
Overachieving, or the drive to prove "I am better than everyone else" is a J thing.

wth??? That has nothing to do with it .. Why be complacent? One chance darling is all we get .. No regrets and no what ifs so if i want it, then to darn straight, I'm going to get it :newwink:

You won't hear me pissing and moaning in 30 years that i wasted my life because i couldn't be arsed or didn't have the drive to succeed.

Success is only important to the individual. :smile:

A wise woman after my own heart. :wubbie:

;)

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
wth??? That has nothing to do with it .. Why be complacent? One chance darling is all we get .. No regrets and no what ifs so if i want it, then to darn straight, I'm going to get it :newwink:

You won't hear me pissing and moaning in 30 years that i wasted my life because i couldn't be arsed or didn't have the drive to succeed.

No frankly, i have no desire to overachieve under structure enviroment, per say, like a corporation or academic institution. Because these enviroments evaluate your performance based on your obedience to hierarchy and work ethic, and frankly i don't give a damn about them.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Once again, this depends on how someone measures success and achievement but I'm sure alla yous know that already except for the true blue dingleberries floating around these parts. Thank God we have so few of those.

I'm not even sure what it means to "overachieve," I mean I know the connotation with the word: achievement+a feeling of superiority, but when I look at it in more neutral terms it's simply doing better than expected; going above and beyond. How is that type-related? I'm just surprised (well not really) this is so contained to academic achievement.

And then again, even if someone does achieve for sheer reasons of inyoface-ness so the fuck what? As long as they're not stepping on you in the process, stop being a hater. The politics of envy are simply amazing aren't they? I think those who hate on overachievers could just as easily be categorized as spiteful and jealous of the success of others. Let's think about all the people in the world that have probably done massively beneficial things just to prove to someone else they could do it or competition.

So if you're connecting doing well in what you've chosen to do well with MBTI then sure, why not pile it on?

TJs, ExFJs. I'll see you Ps at the valet station. Don't scratch my effing Aston Martin or there will be hell to pay.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
No frankly, i have no desire to overachieve under structure enviroment, per say, like a corporation or academic institution. Because these enviroments evaluate your performance based on your obedience to hierarchy and work ethic, and frankly i don't give a damn about them.

I see where you are coming from .. But who is playing who? In the working environment, i'll play along because i am going to get a great bonus/pay rise so i'll do what is considered "right" because i want the money .. I am also getting trained up so i can take those skills elsewhere and further my career. My needs are far more important that some large companies.

So it may seem that i am under the thumb .. But i am getting exactly what i want :D I've just had to compromise on the terms.

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ

You need to work with those corporation/academic institution to earn any credibility with the general public. Without those institutions approval the majority of the people will not take you seriously regarding any ideas or skills you might have unless you can manifest it in reality in a revolutionary fashion(create the first teleporter).

So i would say, your outlook is foolish and arogant to a degree. You need to establish credibility then work on being an individual. However, there's exceptions to any rule, like if your a super genius like Einstein, then those institution/corporation will adapt to your needs.

Jaguar

Don't scratch my effing Aston Martin or there will be hell to pay.

Oh baby, a woman who knows about Aston Martins.
Sexaaaaaay. :D

aston_martin_dbs.jpg

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
You need to work with those corporation/academic institution to earn any credibility with the general public. Without those institutions approval the majority of the people will not take you seriously regarding any ideas or skills you might have unless you can manifest it in reality in a revolutionary fashion(create the first teleporter).

Unless we're talking about securing basic necessities like shelter, food, and enough money to travel, learn, and not die, being taken seriously by the general public is one of the last things I could either want or care about. I don't have anything to do with the sciences, so I don't need to convince anyone of anything. All I need to know how to do is come up with ideas and find a way to execute them.

When it serves my needs, I can pretend to care about credibility long enough to accomplish what I need to, but then I drop it and get back to the creative chaos that makes me happy and fulfilled.

I only need credibility with the people who are an intimate part of my life.

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
Unless we're talking about securing basic necessities like shelter, food, and enough money to travel, learn, and not die, being taken seriously by the general public is one of the last things I could either want or care about. I don't have anything to do with the sciences, so I don't need to convince anyone of anything. All I need to know how to do is come up with ideas and find a way to execute them.

When it serves my needs, I can pretend to care about credibility long enough to accomplish what I need to, but then I drop it and get back to the creative chaos that makes me happy and fulfilled.

I only need credibility with the people who are an intimate part of my life.

Credibility gets your idea to more people as well as give you the benefit of a doubt when the idea is ridiculously out of this world. So my point is, it's more efficient to sometime follow the herd until you get to your destination then to go against it in every turn.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Credibility gets your idea to more people as well as give you the benefit of a doubt when the idea is ridiculously out of this world. So my point is, it's more efficient to sometime follow the herd until you get to your destination then to go against it in every turn.

Or just partner up with a J who has spent his life acquiring credibility to the detriment of his fun. :D