User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Enneagram
    1w2

Once again, this depends on how someone measures success and achievement but I'm sure alla yous know that already except for the true blue dingleberries floating around these parts. Thank God we have so few of those.

I'm not even sure what it means to "overachieve," I mean I know the connotation with the word: achievement+a feeling of superiority, but when I look at it in more neutral terms it's simply doing better than expected; going above and beyond. How is that type-related? I'm just surprised (well not really) this is so contained to academic achievement.

And then again, even if someone does achieve for sheer reasons of inyoface-ness so the fuck what? As long as they're not stepping on you in the process, stop being a hater. The politics of envy are simply amazing aren't they? I think those who hate on overachievers could just as easily be categorized as spiteful and jealous of the success of others. Let's think about all the people in the world that have probably done massively beneficial things just to prove to someone else they could do it or competition.

So if you're connecting doing well in what you've chosen to do well with MBTI then sure, why not pile it on?

TJs, ExFJs. I'll see you Ps at the valet station. Don't scratch my effing Aston Martin or there will be hell to pay.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    No frankly, i have no desire to overachieve under structure enviroment, per say, like a corporation or academic institution. Because these enviroments evaluate your performance based on your obedience to hierarchy and work ethic, and frankly i don't give a damn about them.
    I see where you are coming from .. But who is playing who? In the working environment, i'll play along because i am going to get a great bonus/pay rise so i'll do what is considered "right" because i want the money .. I am also getting trained up so i can take those skills elsewhere and further my career. My needs are far more important that some large companies.

So it may seem that i am under the thumb .. But i am getting exactly what i want I've just had to compromise on the terms.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    No frankly, i have no desire to overachieve under structure enviroment, per say, like a corporation or academic institution. Because these enviroments evaluate your performance based on your obedience to hierarchy and work ethic, and frankly i don't give a damn about them.
    You need to work with those corporation/academic institution to earn any credibility with the general public. Without those institutions approval the majority of the people will not take you seriously regarding any ideas or skills you might have unless you can manifest it in reality in a revolutionary fashion(create the first teleporter).

So i would say, your outlook is foolish and arogant to a degree. You need to establish credibility then work on being an individual. However, there's exceptions to any rule, like if your a super genius like Einstein, then those institution/corporation will adapt to your needs.
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Don't scratch my effing Aston Martin or there will be hell to pay.
    Oh baby, a woman who knows about Aston Martins.
    Sexaaaaaay.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by forzen View Post
    You need to work with those corporation/academic institution to earn any credibility with the general public. Without those institutions approval the majority of the people will not take you seriously regarding any ideas or skills you might have unless you can manifest it in reality in a revolutionary fashion(create the first teleporter).

Unless we're talking about securing basic necessities like shelter, food, and enough money to travel, learn, and not die, being taken seriously by the general public is one of the last things I could either want or care about. I don't have anything to do with the sciences, so I don't need to convince anyone of anything. All I need to know how to do is come up with ideas and find a way to execute them.

When it serves my needs, I can pretend to care about credibility long enough to accomplish what I need to, but then I drop it and get back to the creative chaos that makes me happy and fulfilled.

I only need credibility with the people who are an intimate part of my life.
    I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    Unless we're talking about securing basic necessities like shelter, food, and enough money to travel, learn, and not die, being taken seriously by the general public is one of the last things I could either want or care about. I don't have anything to do with the sciences, so I don't need to convince anyone of anything. All I need to know how to do is come up with ideas and find a way to execute them.

When it serves my needs, I can pretend to care about credibility long enough to accomplish what I need to, but then I drop it and get back to the creative chaos that makes me happy and fulfilled.

I only need credibility with the people who are an intimate part of my life.
    Credibility gets your idea to more people as well as give you the benefit of a doubt when the idea is ridiculously out of this world. So my point is, it's more efficient to sometime follow the herd until you get to your destination then to go against it in every turn.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Credibility gets your idea to more people as well as give you the benefit of a doubt when the idea is ridiculously out of this world. So my point is, it's more efficient to sometime follow the herd until you get to your destination then to go against it in every turn.

Or just partner up with a J who has spent his life acquiring credibility to the detriment of his fun.
    I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

Or just partner up with a J who has spent his life acquiring credibility to the detriment of his fun.
    The process of acquiring credibility IS fun for Js, along side discrediting or proving a person wrong.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

The process of acquiring credibility IS fun for Js, along side discrediting or proving a person wrong.

Let the party begin?
    I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

Let the party begin?
    What is the (x,y,z) coordinate and i'm there.